Overcrowding / Capacity (2022 vs 2023)

st dan

Dom Joly being interviewed about his new book was rammed on Thursday. Everything will be. A talk by Liz Truss would be. There's just not enough to go around.

Making Thursday a "full day" just shifts the problem to Wednesday. Making Thursday an evening might work though. Pyramid from 7 until midnight and use it push bands that aren't usually that level. Not anything that would *force* late thu/ early Fri people into arriving earlier.

Yeah that probably means changing the license but they managed that to get Silver Hayes running until 3am so it's not impossible.

Massive crush at artics, WizKid didnt take as much of the crowd as expected.  The top path was rammed with people watching as overflow from the field extension...

Still there was space futher up the hill if people had just walked a little bit more....

On 6/23/2023 at 12:48 AM, P2020 said:

Saw a big group on entry who didn't have wristbands on. They were wearing a lot of other wristbands which seemed an intentional distraction from them not having a general entry/hospitality wristband.

Bit worried tbh, got stuck in a crush last year. But I have so far seen more noticeable nods to crowd safety, e.g. making people stand up, security not letting people into crowds, artists acknowledging crowd safety.

It does seem like they're taking it seriously, but it's still concerning just because of how busy it is. Hoping that trying to avoid busy areas and not getting right into crowds will be sufficient to keep us safe. 

Camping is pretty concerning re: general crowd sizes. We arrived Weds evening and pretty much everything was full. Seems unheard of in previous years.

I have a few bands on as working but also last years band. Alot of the stewards in re-entry were tugging last years band and letting me thru despite wearing a crew band. Seems they thought last years was this years 

1 minute ago, Aragorn said:

I have a few bands on as working but also last years band. Alot of the stewards in re-entry were tugging last years band and letting me thru despite wearing a crew band. Seems they thought last years was this years 

They do look really really similar, it’s a bit sh*t - I thought that on Monday when I got here. Though I’ll be honest, my main moan was that it won’t look good on my hat, having consecutive years in the same sort of hue 🤣 21st century problems, I know 

2 hours ago, pandahands said:

If it's anything to go by.. Shangri-la DJ/Compere before basement jaxx this morning announced it was the busiest the area had ever been. The set was 30 mins late to allow the crowd to 'filter through' to alleviate the risk of a crush.

Shangri La was ridiculous last night, could barely move anywhere at times. Putting big acts  on the truth stage like Erza and Basement Jaxx when the crowd went the whole way back blocking the walkways felt abit silly!

15 minutes ago, HammyHampster said:

Just wonder where all the people who were displaced from Big Ground were able to camp? 

It was Row mead that people were displaced from. They ended up in big ground and kidney mead. Filled faster then ever.. Both sites were full for large tents/groups by 10am.

Seemed better this year compared to last year for me. The botteneck/crowd after TLC last year was honestly the scariest crowd situation I’ve ever been in. Basically had to go with the direction of the crowd. Admittedly might have been due to Brixton being fresh in the mind. But I could feel the panic in me starting to rise for the first time ever in a crowd, and im healthy and can handle myself. All it would’ve taken was 1 impatient twat or group pushing or someone to have fallen over for there to have been mass panic or multiple injuries. 

Edited by LTT250

pretty normal, camping seemed to fill quicker than ever, but didn't seem any more overcrowded than usual.

Got involved in a couple of pinch points (leaving Fatboy at The Park and leaving The Pyramid after Elton) but everyone just shuffled along calmly without any pushing so just had to be patient.