I feel sick

Lakey91

A strange feeling to be on the other side of the fence for the first time since 2013,  that's for sure. 

Tuned in to Radio 6 - that just made me so nostalgic.....looked at the webcam - big mistake. 

Have an amazing 5 days each and every one of you, going to be a struggle.....

I've missed out before and then been back, so I kinda feel or "know" somewhere I'll be back again, which helps. Sorta. 

I've been abroad for a month so just now hitting me but in enjoying the playlists, glastocast etc today and tomorrow, then will watch some beeb bits. 

Had tickets to cancelled AM gig yest so the worst point will be that set for me, having friends round for few drinks to enjoy/wallow and then after that hopefully I can relax and dip in and out and enjoy the weekend !

I’ve been to every Glastonbury since 2003 (bar 2016) and got lucky in the resale a few times so I’d made peace with not going this year but due to other circumstances (losing my job, not having any luck with finding a new one etc) and the general drain on mental health the cost of living/soaring mortgage rates etc are adding to I really could have done with an escape to the Worthy Farm bubble!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Thought I’d be in bits by now, but tbh I think I got most of the real hurt out way when I failed in the resale - I’m just kind of over it at this point, and kind of looking forward to watching some of it over the weekend (he says, with tears in his eyes).

Ditto. Losing out felt sh*t, but that’s how it goes. Booked a lot of other fun stuff over the summer but have kept this one free to watch it on the telly. Next year Rodney……

Christ, reading this thread makes me realise just how soft we've become. Grown men feeling down because they didn't get tickets to a four day piss-up in a field. Grow up. Go outside, go to the gym, go for a run, spend time with your families. Glastonbury is not the be all and end all, especially since most of you seem to have been multiple times before. It's not some magical place, it's a music festival, no one cared about missing out until the BBC started showing hundreds of hours of it on TV and making it seem like a once in a lifetime experience.

Hey, at least you've got access to the internet and can speak to people. You could be 4000m below sea level bolted in a ten tonne titanium prison with no contact to anyone on the outside world like five other people on this planet are at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

22 minutes ago, GaryFest said:

Christ, reading this thread makes me realise just how soft we've become. Grown men feeling down because they didn't get tickets to a four day piss-up in a field. Grow up. Go outside, go to the gym, go for a run, spend time with your families. Glastonbury is not the be all and end all, especially since most of you seem to have been multiple times before. It's not some magical place, it's a music festival, no one cared about missing out until the BBC started showing hundreds of hours of it on TV and making it seem like a once in a lifetime experience.

Hey, at least you've got access to the internet and can speak to people. You could be 4000m below sea level bolted in a ten tonne titanium prison with no contact to anyone on the outside world like five other people on this planet are at the moment.

Think it's even less cool when people try and shame how others feel about something, personally.

Glastonbury for a lot of people is traditionally their only real 'holiday', or break from work, or big blowout bit of entertainment of the year, so when it's snatched away and replaced with having to watch it on the telly eating crisps it's totally understandable that people are genuinely gutted and emotional about it – particularly when lots of people's friends got tickets and they've been left behind. I'm not one of those people that's upset about not going, but I can fully empathise with people who are.

The idea that people here should somehow be grateful and not upset about Glastonbury because they're not stuck on that submarine(?!) is a load of strawman nonsense.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, GaryFest said:

All awful alternatives. I go to Glastonbury to get away from the family.

39 minutes ago, GaryFest said:

Go outside, go to the gym, go for a run, spend time with your families.

Must confess that I find going to Glastonbury festival a slightly more fun and memorable experience than going out for a 5k run in the West Midlands down the local park

But hey whatever floats your boat Gary. I think its fantastic you can get so much enjoyment out of running or bicep curls 🥰

Edited by JonSnow

21 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

snatched away

Unbelievable levels of entitlement, you act like you are somehow owed a Glasto ticket.

18 minutes ago, Essex_George said:

All awful alternatives. I go to Glastonbury to get away from the family.

I'm saying it will help take your mind off getting so upset about missing out. This is a form of grief and exercise is a common suggestion.

7 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Must confess that I find going to Glastonbury festival a slightly more fun and memorable experience than going out for a 5k run in the West Midlands down the local park

I agree mate, but they don't have tickets for Glasto so it's not a memorable experience they have a choice to take part in this year.

59 minutes ago, GaryFest said:

You've made 4 posts on this forum and all 4 of them are to tell people they're not allowed to be upset about not being at the festival this forum is dedicated to.

Who needs to grow up again?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mttJ said:

You've made 4 posts on this forum and all 4 of them are to tell people they're not allowed to be upset about not being at the festival this forum is dedicated to.

Who needs to grow up again?

I think he's just here to wind people up and get a reaction, yes, there are bigger issues going on in the world right now, but for a lot of people, missing out on the one place that takes them away from the outside worlds for 5 days is the highlight of their year, forgetting about any worries from outside the fence can be massive for peoples mental health and we shouldn't try to belittle anyone who is feeling down about not being there

I'm a bit upset/annoyed that I'm not there this year, but I've been lucky enough to have been 7 times and I've missed out before, its not easy to miss out but I find reading this forum and seeing photos of people happily on the farm help me get through it, I know I'll be back there again one year and that will mean someone else has to miss out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonSnow said:

But hey whatever floats your boat Gary. I think its fantastic you can get so much enjoyment out of running or bicep curls 🥰

Just done the 5k run in a West Midlands park (neglecting the fact that Coventry should really be in Warwickshire). Confirmed as very hot, sweaty and not as fun as Glastonbury. I'm off to the pub shortly though.

I was gutted. Until I realised I wasn’t one of the richest men in Pakistan, who spunked £250,000 to look at a hundred year old wreck in the ocean; which then led to tragedy.

I will take this with me wherever I go now. I can no longer feel joy/bitterness/anger in my life, because bad things happen every day.

• Upvote 1

We missed out on tickets and so went to the Isle of Wight festival instead. Had a lovely weekend and now too tired to do another festival this weekend anyway, so that feels like a result. 
I haven’t managed to get tickets since 2019, normally just keep myself busy over the weekend. This weekend I will enjoy my sofa and clean toilets and no queues 👍

Atleast you folks didn't get tickets - I have a ticket and not sure I can attend. Taken to A&E last night just before we were about to leave for the farm. All night up A&E, now I have severe abdominal pain and can barely walk. Barring a monumental recovery within the next 24 hours, my festival could be over before it even started. 

Edited by JamieKThomas
Spelling

2 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

Atleast you folks didn't get tickets - I have a ticket and not sure I can attend. Taken to A&E last night just before we were about to leave for the farm. All night up A&E, now I have severe abdominal pain and can barely walk. Barring a monumental recovery within the next 24 hours, my festival could be over before it even started. 

Oh mate, that's proper harsh. Hope they can get you fixed up. At least it happened at home and not after you'd lugged everything onto site 

12 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

I’m so sorry 😞 hoping you make a swift recovery and can make it down to the farm! 

Have been to everyone since 2014 and this is the first one I've missed since I started going.

Didnt have an amazing festival last time and felt i was taking it for granted and going because it's part of a routine. So gave myself a self-imposed exile (also wanted to save the cash as I haven't really had a holiday most years as it's my time/cash budget). 

Honestly haven't thought about the festival at all this year. Apparently I haven't logged into this place since the last festival even! Truly was ok with missing it, up until today. Its hit me like a ton of bricks not being there, I genuinely nearly cried on the way home from work at the thought of missing it all. 

Loads of mates are going for the first time and I selfishly now want to be there with them. As the Op says I feel physically sick. 

Just hoping the newbies have the time of their life and whoever got my hypothetical ticket has the life-changing experience I had nearly a decade ago and so many times since. 

Love you Glastonbury x

Edited by kemosabe