No Row Mead this year.

Doug85

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

It's weird. Despite the decrease in public camping and the increase in the size of tents people are bringing year on year, I have personally felt less cramped at camp the last two than pre pandemic.

Saying that I do camp on the edge so have no need to "go deep".

We arrived Thurs lunchtime and were told by Campsite Crews there was not much space left. I’ve arrived that time in previous years and never had that issue, usually at least one field with some space left.

Ended up in Back House squeezed in what seemed like the only space we could find for 2 tents.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

There are toilets up at the back (but no urinals though) and getting down to the Cider Bus wasn't too much of a hassle except for Elton.

There's no act Glastonbury could book now that would ever draw a crowd as big as Elton's though. 

I walked up to the Muddy Lane loos during Elton.  Didn't take long and no queues at all.

On 6/20/2023 at 3:36 PM, Doug85 said:

No Row Mead at Glastonbury this year. Won't be a popular decision.  Late decision but no camping allowed at all to allow for the Pyramid overfill. 

20230620_151355.jpg

That's the end of row mead imo.... Shame been there since 99....you warch the top end will be food stalls from now on... 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

If they do keep it then they need to sort the sound out as it's very quiet up there.

Either need to move the existing sound towers back a little bit or get another up further back.

If the change is permanent, then they definitely need to reprofile the sound for the whole Pyramid field tbh.

There's also a case to be made for slightly moving and rotating the actual Pyramid itself, though obviously that's a much bigger task and unlikely to happen for a few years.

14 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

That's the end of row mead imo.... Shame been there since 99....you warch the top end will be food stalls from now on... 

That wouldn't be a bad thing.  My wife queued for 25 mins to get food at the top before Elton and they'd run out by the time she got to the front.  She then went to the food stalls up towards muddy lane and the two choices were pig or vegan.

Whoever invented the monstrosity of a vegan hot dog needs banning from Glasto.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dondo said:

When it was the Stones was there not camping in some of Row Mead?

Yeah Row Mead was there as always then, or so I thought. Has it shrunk? 

Need to dig out the maps! 

Edited by verrymerry

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

it went back to half the field after the Stones who's to say it wont this time ...... 

I thought The Stones was the year they first moved back the camping in RM? Or was that for Lionel/Dolly? Either way it never reverted back afaik and probably never will now. They're going to need another bar at the top.

Edited by MrZigster

32 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I thought The Stones was the year they first moved back the camping in RM? Or was that for Lionel/Dolly? Either way it never reverted back afaik and probably never will now. They're going to need another bar at the top.

Was moved back for Rolling Stones I was camped next door in Hawkwell that year and remember it.

10 hours ago, westholtschic said:

The area was fenced off on the Sunday before the festival when I first walked around the site so I doubt it was a last minute decision 

Definitely wasn't, the path at the back along the hedge was brand new so they had it all pre planned

10 hours ago, incident said:

If the change is permanent, then they definitely need to reprofile the sound for the whole Pyramid field tbh.

There's also a case to be made for slightly moving and rotating the actual Pyramid itself, though obviously that's a much bigger task and unlikely to happen for a few years.

If it is permanent they could do with opening up more camping on that North East Corner. If you land at Gate B or C there's really not anything that isn't a 40 minutes schlep away if you arrive after Wednesday morning.

9 hours ago, Tr234 said:

Definitely wasn't, the path at the back along the hedge was brand new so they had it all pre planned

Definitely was . There was fencing around the side of the path up the hill and all along the front path as I was sat in front of it !! It was pre planned.

Edited by westholtschic

42 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Definitely was . There was fencing around the side of the path up the hill and all along the front path as I was sat in front of it !! It was pre planned.

I mean it definitely wasn't a last minute decision 🙂 Agree they had planned it due to the new path

• Upvote 1

I watched Blondie from up there. I agree it would be a good space to designate for families, or even picnic rug and chair w*nkers but they would need to sort the sound out. It was a long way from the last set of repeaters and sounded very quiet. 

2 hours ago, Chef said:

I watched Blondie from up there. I agree it would be a good space to designate for families, or even picnic rug and chair w*nkers but they would need to sort the sound out. It was a long way from the last set of repeaters and sounded very quiet. 

It was quiet for most acts, during GnR I walked down from there to the Cider Bus and as soon as you went past the ice cream van it was like being hit by a wall of noise.

Pretty sure they turned it up halfway through Reg.