Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

24 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

I think lineup is good as always. However this doesn’t change the fact that it’s the worst lineup of the last editions together with 2019. 
main problem to me are the cheap re bookings that are far from being bonuses, i.e. the national. If the smile are not on this they will problably be touring us at the time. 
I agree it looks like 2019/2020 in terms of budget. Double primavera problably allowed them far more power 

The National shouldn’t be on this lineup, and I say that being a very big fan of them. Plus there are others things that are repeated. It’s just hard for me to look for 2018 lineup, 2020 and 2021 cancelled lineups, 2022, and then this and say “wow it’s on the same level”. Because it’s not, it feels like a different festival, and don’t take me wrong, I might end up going there and enjoying it but one can still admit that it’s not their best lineup. I want to see how the tickets sales are going to go. I think they are betting a lot of Lana and SZA but I don’t think it will sell that well. 

5 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Any recommendations on the electronic side outside of Justice and Disclosure? Was hoping for Chems and Floating Points but alas

Sofia Kourtesis - one of the best albums of the year
Herrensauna have the best parties in Berlin and throughout Europe
TraxTraxTrax will be good - Nick León is a great DJ
DJ Fart In The Club - despite the name is a Berlin staple
Barry Can't Swim - nice and melodic beats
Mica Levi DJ stuff is a bit harder but still good for a dance
Tirzah is a bit more downbeat, but her new album is great

4 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Do we know who is playing on the Wednesday? 

When a Fire Starts to Burn. With the parallel programme of Primavera a la Ciutat soon to be announced, which will once again involve several venues in Barcelona in keeping with the traditional urban character of the festival, the welcome day of Wednesday 29th May is already marked on the calendar as the first contact with the Parc del Fòrum. Another treat for fans, literally: a day of free concerts led by the unfailing Phoenix, the veni, vidi, vici made pop band. The French band, the ideal mix of partying and sophistication for such a day, will be joined by Tropical f**k Storm, Ratboys, Maria Jaume and Stella Maris (in the first of their two performances at Primavera Sound 2024) to complete an official opening of the festival that is always special.

4 minutes ago, emmanuel said:

Maybe for international visitors but it seems a bit harsh to deny Barcelona fans a show of the band on this tour.

Not only they come to Primavera 2 years after being there, they also go to Spain and Portugal every time they do Euro Tours. 3 times in the last 3 years. Idk if it was a super stacked lineup I would understand having someone like The National, but otherwise for me doesn’t make sense. 

Just now, festivalguy97 said:

Not only they come to Primavera 2 years after being there, they also go to Spain and Portugal every time they do Euro Tours. 3 times in the last 3 years. Idk if it was a super stacked lineup I would understand having someone like The National, but otherwise for me doesn’t make sense. 

I seen them in the Wizink Arena in Madrid in October, having seen the Arctic Monkeys in the same venue in July also. 

The Arctic Monkeys was sold out, but the National had curtained off areas and lots of empty seats.

10 minutes ago, allribena said:

Recommendations from the bottom half of the line up?

There's only a handful of names I recognise - I'm checking out Obongjayar, who has a track with Little Simz, really enjoying it so far!

Julie Byrne, Ferran Palau, American Football, Voxtrot, Sofia Kourtesis, Hannah Diamond!

17 minutes ago, allribena said:

Recommendations from the bottom half of the line up?

There's only a handful of names I recognise - I'm checking out Obongjayar, who has a track with Little Simz, really enjoying it so far!

I recently discovered Model/Actriz, really good band. Also like Arab Strap, Tropical f**k Storm, The Last Dinner Party, Voxtrot and Brutus.

Edited by Marty76
  • Upvote 1