Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

I really don't think they'll announce any more names, certainly not big names. Maybe some more additions to the undercard.

On popularity. A couple of people in my group are interested but none of them immediately jumped on it like they did in previous years. But from scanning social media, it looks popular with LGBT crowd although I imagine they'll wait for splits and get a day ticket.

Line-up looks fine to me.  There were certainly a few years over the last decade where the line up wasn't stunning/compelling, 2014, 2015 and 2017 spring to mind immediately.  So a kind of middling year is OK.  The National look and feel really over booked now.  I'm not sure who Vampire Weekend's audience is in 2024, but I like them. 

8 minutes ago, katyaz said:

I really don't think they'll announce any more names, certainly not big names. Maybe some more additions to the undercard.

On popularity. A couple of people in my group are interested but none of them immediately jumped on it like they did in previous years. But from scanning social media, it looks popular with LGBT crowd although I imagine they'll wait for splits and get a day ticket.

I think there are 2 big reasons to announce names (at later point). Firstly it looks like a smaller lineup than last years, so you if you go to read Primavera Festival forum where they talk with Gabi, everyone is asking him if more artists are coming. Secondly I think that because many festivals haven't announced not even 1 artist yet (pretty slow this year) I think that some names might get added later. But again, I don't think it will be anything big. I still feel that we could get Kylie Minogue and things like Sampha, but other than that I don't see anything else coming. This year for example I think it would be fine without New Order but at the end they still added them. 

There will certainly be some cancellations and replacements as always, some artists might only be at Ciutat, but stuff like Sampha, Kylie Minogue or The Smile is wishful thinking and won't happen.

Maybe we'll even get some "unexpected Primavera" again, but that'll be names that have not been in the circuit at all until now. Some acts might be held back by a first announcment clause elsewhere (Pinkpop, DTRH, BKS) but thats not too likely. Maybe some legacy act has a tour planned that isn't ready to be announced like The Avalanches in 2016 or special gigs are not yet worked out like with Ride 2022.

This is the line up, its 98% of whats gonna happen in BCN May 29th til June 2nd. Make peace with that or don't but we really don't need to continue the nonsensical speculations

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

There will certainly be some cancellations and replacements as always, some artists might only be at Ciutat, but stuff like Sampha, Kylie Minogue or The Smile is wishful thinking and won't happen.

Maybe we'll even get some "unexpected Primavera" again, but that'll be names that have not been in the circuit at all until now. Some acts might be held back by a first announcment clause elsewhere (Pinkpop, DTRH, BKS) but thats not too likely. Maybe some legacy act has a tour planned that isn't ready to be announced like The Avalanches in 2016 or special gigs are not yet worked out like with Ride 2022.

This is the line up, its 98% of whats gonna happen in BCN May 29th til June 2nd. Make peace with that or don't but we really don't need to continue the nonsensical speculations

Let's wait for the day split to see how it looks, sometimes it's easy to spot that one day is much more full and more empty. But I agree that it doesn't make sense to speculate now because even if something will be added, it won't happen anytime soon and if you're buying your ticket only because and X act was added maybe this festival is not for you.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think it's better than 2023 imo and 2022 was a post pandemic year so it'll likely never get beaten or at least not for a long while.

I mean, we can see it at other fests too, that there is just a bit of a slowdown of the crazy post-pandemic dynamic when every act desperately needed to tour, because they had missed out on 2 years of earnings.

12 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

And no Spanish and Portuguese dates although they are going everywhere, literally Greece and Finland included, so don't understand why 

They'll probably do BBK and maybe Parades - perhaps Mad Cool and Nos but they seem to be going to the more boutique festivals, where they can probably headline or sub. 

Edited by chilirocker

13 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Think it's better than 2023 imo and 2022 was a post pandemic year so it'll likely never get beaten or at least not for a long while.

Nah, 2023 had better and more unique/bigger headliners (Blur, Rosalia, Kendrick, Depeche Mode, Ghost, PSB/New Order/War On Drugs/Darkside,...) and a slightly better/more stacked undercard too. 

Edited by matrainertje

15 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

I mean, we can see it at other fests too, that there is just a bit of a slowdown of the crazy post-pandemic dynamic when every act desperately needed to tour, because they had missed out on 2 years of earnings.

Yeah this is clear to me.

Plus so many complaints in 2022 that it was oversold/way too busy. Thursday wasn't great but imo it was fine on Friday and Saturday. Busy, yes of course it was. So what do people want? A huge lineup means you need to sell more tickets, which means more people. But people don't like that!

6 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Nah, 2023 had better and more unique/bigger headliners (Blur, Rosalia, Kendrick, Depeche Mode, Ghost, PSB/New Order/War On Drugs/Darkside,...) and a slightly better/more stacked undercard too. 

Wouldn't say that the undercard was better but it did feel more fresh in terms of artists, Rosalia had a new album and was the thing of the moment, Kendrick first album in many years, Blur made a comeback, Depeche Mode was a really random but nice booking, Ghost for who likes them was amazing, plus Fred Again, Skrillex and Four Tet were one of the biggest electronic acts in the world at some point. I didn't even mind the likes of Calvin Harris and Halsey because it was so stacked.