Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, YunT said:

How I was full of crap? 

Yeh I miss some names but I hit American Football, Death Cab for Cutie, Mitski, Lana del Rey and others. 

I think you are so used to not having info and being trolled that when someone gives you something you come up with these kind of messages. 

Don't worry, next year I won't say anything. 

But what happend to Jane‘s Addiction?

My musical dreams are in tatters as is my 10 year relationship with Primavera Sound after that awful line up reveal of an awful line up. Yes, awful. OK we can all feel disappointed if the names we wanted are not there, but my issue with this line up is its incredible lack of variety and imagination. There are some interesting things here but there is also a lot of very generation specific mediocrity. Nearly all of those larger font names are well past their sell by date, but more importantly where is the stuff that will keep young people interested in the brand and therefore keep it sustainable? Where is the good reggaeton/trap/Latin stuff? Where is the good pop stuff? Where is the Afrobeats? the K Pop? the J Pop? Where is the unexpected legend? or even the unexpected wrong fit curveball? I'm sorry but I just find this line up so monotone, unadventurous and so unPrimavera.

2 minutes ago, Valbork said:

Where is the good reggaeton/trap/Latin stuff? Where is the good pop stuff? Where is the Afrobeats? the K Pop? the J Pop? Where is the unexpected legend? or even the unexpected wrong fit curveball? I'm sorry but I just find this line up so monotone, unadventurous and so unPrimavera.

I totally agree. 

We need one big hip-hop headliner and one big reggaeton artist. We need that surprise booking and also that awful booking everyone will be complaining about. 

But, it's like "meh". 

4 minutes ago, Valbork said:

My musical dreams are in tatters as is my 10 year relationship with Primavera Sound after that awful line up reveal of an awful line up. Yes, awful. OK we can all feel disappointed if the names we wanted are not there, but my issue with this line up is its incredible lack of variety and imagination. There are some interesting things here but there is also a lot of very generation specific mediocrity. Nearly all of those larger font names are well past their sell by date, but more importantly where is the stuff that will keep young people interested in the brand and therefore keep it sustainable? Where is the good reggaeton/trap/Latin stuff? Where is the good pop stuff? Where is the Afrobeats? the K Pop? the J Pop? Where is the unexpected legend? or even the unexpected wrong fit curveball? I'm sorry but I just find this line up so monotone, unadventurous and so unPrimavera.

DJ Fart in the Club ticks all these boxes, don't worry 

• Thanks 1