The churnups

a6l6e6x

On 5/30/2023 at 4:10 PM, churlie100 said:

Would pay a lot of money to have a camera on Royal Blood watching from the side as they see the entire Pyramid field desert the stage for the bars as soon as Pulp finish.

It'd be like an Attenborough documentary of migrating bald heads.

• Like 1

I was about ten people from the front for the Pulp secret set at The Park in 2011. I remember there being rumours and then a roadie set up an amp with Pulp stamped on it and people cheered. That was such an incredible set. A real Glastonbury favourite for me (also saw them in 94, 95 and 98). They always deliver. I'd be happy with Foo Fighters but would really, really love this mystery band to be Pulp. 

• Upvote 2

So my mate (without giving his position away) is seriously high up the food chain all things glasto and music  and he said its a mystery but the rumour is that it is Pulp.

Maybe he knows and is not spilling the beans but he usually tells me so maybe it is the best kept secret in festival land!

Edited by bigbilly

6 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

But enough of the who's got the bigger song of the 90s chat.

70% of the eFest poll want Pulp, surely the Glasto higher ups wouldn't fudge it so much to keep such a high profile secret set for anyone but them.

I'd guess that most ppl external to efests want Pulp as well.

Hi Dave sorry you can't play this year fella, 70% of efests users want Pulp instead

26 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Screenshot_20230605_192909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7ae9a682872355d70fb7f9fe9e53552e.jpg

Who sent this?

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Hi Dave sorry you can't play this year fella, 70% of efests users want Pulp instead

Who sent this?

I think the point stands.  EE and the team will know about the affinity between the festival, it's regulars and Pulp and be aware that Diamond Dave/The Foos are on the precapice of becoming Chris Martin levels of ever-present annoying.  They know the obvious choice

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think the point stands.  EE and the team will know about the affinity between the festival, it's regulars and Pulp and be aware that Diamond Dave/The Foos are on the precapice of becoming Chris Martin levels of ever-present annoying.  They know the obvious choice

Foos have played one time and dave grohl has done a special guest slot once 😂

hardly ever-present ffs

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Eh, Dave is hardly approaching Chris Martin levels. Before 2017 they hadn’t played since 1998, and he’s now appeared at two festivals, one headlining and one barely audible with Paul McCartney. Them being the Churnups at this years festival would go down insanely well, much better than Pulp overall imo.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Daft Punk out of retirement for one last hurrah 

There was a brief moment on here years back where someone had “info” DP were headlining. 

The rumour was debunked rather quickly, but it remains one of the greatest moments of my life. 

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Foos have played one time and dave grohl has done a special guest slot once 😂

hardly ever-present ffs

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Eh, Dave is hardly approaching Chris Martin levels. Before 2017 they hadn’t played since 1998, and he’s now appeared at two festivals, one headlining and one barely audible with Paul McCartney. Them being the Churnups at this years festival would go down insanely well, much better than Pulp overall imo.

It would make it 3 out of the 4 last festivals.  Too much.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think the Chris Martin comparison is a bit of a stretch. Foos headlined once and then (to my knowledge) he's done 1 other guest slot in recent memory that was overshadowed 7 minutes later by an even bigger one.

If EE is somehow sat there at WF with offers from both bands for that slot then I would find it inconceivable that she would look past the foos who can fill a stadium on any continent on the planet -  over pulp who can string together an arena tour and a handful of big shows every few years.

and that's from someone who will not miss pulp wherever they end up at the farm this year, and especially if we are somehow blessed with them going head to head to on the Friday with that woodsies tba.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Jarvis is at almost every festival in some capacity…

"Almost every" is a stretch unless you're counting as a punter!  At least there is variety in his various incarnations.  Dave/Foos are one trick ponies.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not quite what I meant, but well done for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Not serious obviously - but efests is clearly not representative. Foos are a bigger band so its clearly not 70% of the fest would rather see pulp, thats just efests bubble talk

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

"Almost every" is a stretch unless you're counting as a punter!  At least there is variety in his various incarnations.  Dave/Foos are one trick ponies.

This would be 3 different sets - a headline slot, a 2? song guest appearance by only one of them and then a secret set where they play an hour of hits.

Several other acts play far more regularly and nobody has any issue, its not like they are taking up a headline slot either its the same slot as where capaldi and blondie are playing ffs 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

This would be 3 different sets - a headline slot, a 2? song guest appearance by only one of them and then a secret set where they play an hour of hits.

Several other acts play far more regularly and nobody has any issue, its not like they are taking up a headline slot either its the same slot as where capaldi and blondie are playing ffs 

2017 - headliner/Pyramid

2022 - guest with headliner/Pyramid

2023 - 1:15 of Foos hits on the Pyramid.

With only 1 festival inbetween surely you see my point that it's over exposure fora man with a guitar on the same stage doing the same thing?

Pulp/Jarvis have been at the festival regularly - sure.  But over a nearly 30 year period and at various stages, sometimes as a band, sometimes Jarvis DJing, sometimes Jarvis doing solo material.

There's a clear difference.