The churnups

a6l6e6x

Worth pointing out just how large the slot is at 1 hr 15 minutes - bigger than Royal Blood, Lizzo & Lil Nas X all of whom are subbing.

On that alone I doubt it's Wet Leg - they only have one album worth of material and that album is just over 30 minutes long. 

6 hours ago, johnny-yen said:

Can we read anything into the fact that on the efestivals line up and rumour page, Pulp are still down as a STRONG RUMOUR but Foo Fighters aren’t even mentioned?

Case closed. Neil knows!

🙂

I know this probably isn't a factor in the decision-making behind this slot but I do find it laughable that they'd bend over backwards to convince everyone Lizzo is a co-headliner to assuage complaints about gender equality, yet only give her an hour, and then give a longer Pyramid set to an all-male/male-dominated band playing third down on a different day. 

Maybe female acts aren't the 'secret' type but I do find it funny that all the common suggestions for a secret slot (Pulp, Foos, Blur, Hozier, Mumford, 1975) are mostly if not entirely male. Who's the most likely non-male act to turn up unannounced? Florence?

1 minute ago, mouserat said:

I know this probably isn't a factor in the decision-making behind this slot but I do find it laughable that they'd bend over backwards to convince everyone Lizzo is a co-headliner to assuage complaints about gender equality, yet only give her an hour, and then give a longer Pyramid set to an all-male/male-dominated band playing third down on a different day. 

Maybe female acts aren't the 'secret' type but I do find it funny that all the common suggestions for a secret slot (Pulp, Foos, Blur, Hozier, Mumford, 1975) are mostly if not entirely male. Who's the most likely non-male act to turn up unannounced? Florence?

Yeah yeah yeahs?

1 minute ago, mouserat said:

But why surround Florence with all the intrigue?