Royal Blood

ahoykatie

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

That’s what I was thinking. Surely they have to be dropped from the line up now. 

Honestly can’t tell if you’re being serious or not, but I don’t think the festival that had a tent named after a nonce for a number of years and has given the stage to many a controversial figure in the past, including just this year a dude who kicked a photographer in the face and another guy who used racist and homophobic slurs in a song, is gonna care about a band member being a bit mean to a crowd at another festival. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Just watched their set and the crowd were utterly dead, could clearly see the crowd at the front were there for Niall & Lewis. They’d have been better placed on the second stage. Not forgetting the pay cheque for big weekend is absolute peanuts & is based on air time and promotion.

Based on their set from 2017 still looking forward to seeing them. 

• Like 1

I'm a fan. But R1 Weekend is quite clearly just not their crowd so a subdued reaction is hardly surprising. Who were they on between? Styles and Capaldi, was it?

Calls for them to be kicked off the Glasto line-up though? 😂 This is no worse than how KOL behaved at Reading in 2009 and they've been booked to play countless UK fests since, including Reading and Leeds once more.

4 minutes ago, VCK said:

Calls for them to be kicked off the Glasto line-up though? 😂 This is no worse than how KOL behaved at Reading in 2009 and they've been booked to play countless UK fests since, including Reading and Leeds once more.

It's obviously just wishful thinking because we don't like their music anyway. 

They are about as middle of the road as a rock band could be and are kicking off like they are a big name, egos are huge. 

The highlight of their career is a single on FIFA and they are carrying on like Billy Joe Armstrong. 

Edited by Xeph1995

Some of the comments on that video are hilarious - calling them ‘real music’ and that the crowd should show some respect as they’ll be ‘co-headlining Glastonbury’ in a months time. Look what you’ve started Emily - Lizzo getting the co-headliner nod has made people think Royal Blood are a headliner now too.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Bit unnecessary

Reminds me of last glasto when I went to meet some mates who were at a sh*t generic no mark garage DJ and MC thing in the SE corner.  The MC shouted "if you're not going hard make way for someone who is".

So I left.

Wasn't like there wasn't space anyway.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Some of the comments on that video are hilarious - calling them ‘real music’ and that the crowd should show some respect as they’ll be ‘co-headlining Glastonbury’ in a months time. Look what you’ve started Emily - Lizzo getting the co-headliner nod has made people think Royal Blood are a headliner now too.

The amount of 18-21 year old looking dudes on twitter saying ' there's no real music like this anymore ' is hilarious to me. Same thing every decade.

I’m no Royal Blood fan, the first album wasn’t too bad but the rest has been a re-hash of that, but surely this puts to bed the myth that ‘Scottish Crowds are the best in the world’ that get churned out every time there is TV coverage of any festival up there. Drives me mad. Every band that gets interviewed, the first question they get asked is ‘so then how was the crowd here in Scotland’. Loaded question every time. 

When it was TRNSMT a few years back LCD Soundsystem played to about 30 people and that’s no exaggeration.

Best fans in the world must surely go to the Argentinians 

Edited by theglastokid
  • Upvote 1