The Unofficial eFests Meet-up

Crazyfool01

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm working on it. I think it's fair to say my style is very different to the previous management, for better or worse. I'm quite disappointed at what has unfolded here and I do hope that you all will be understanding as a transition in ownership does take a little while. I do believe Neil's intent is good but this is not the way I would want things handled. I would love to encourage the community to thrive and grow, not stifle it in any way. I'll see if I can reach out to some of the individuals effected to see what reparations can be made.

Maybe you could temporarily stop the old owner posting and making things worse as you try and make them better.

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Wow this is the thread to end all threads: sadness, humour, pathos, anger, fear, disgust, tragedy, surprise, insanity, and finally optimism.

Beats that useless Shakespeare hands down.

What's in a name? That which we call a Glastonbury / By any other name would smell as sweet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Spacey said:

Welcome Iggy. Occasional poster but long term member. This forum has been part of my life since 2003😀

Thanks Spacey! That's amazing 😄 I hope you stick around for at least another twenty years!

Thank you all for the welcome guys! Not in the setting I envisaged but hey...

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's all a bit unfortunate. Neil is an absolutely lovely guy and has the best intentions - truly. He loves this place and is very protective as Ommadawn mentioned earlier. However, I do think better communication and a friendly approach will go a long way in the future. 

Please can you apply normal moderation standards to Neil's posts as any other member? This would normally include suspension or banning for extreme disruption behaviour.

Welcome!

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thanks Spacey! That's amazing 😄 I hope you stick around for at least another twenty years!

Thank you all for the welcome guys! Not in the setting I envisaged but hey...

The big question: will Iggy be at the official, unofficial or spoof meet?

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's all a bit unfortunate. Neil is an absolutely lovely guy and has the best intentions - truly. He loves this place and is very protective as Ommadawn mentioned earlier. However, I do think better communication and a friendly approach will go a long way in the future. 

I'd also like to extend a warm welcome to our new overlord. You seem sound 😀

Edited by stuartbert two hats

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Welcome .. pleased to have you onboard and let’s hope for a great buildup to the festival we all absolutely love . Have you been before ? 

Thank you! Absolutely, that's what it's all about.

Regrettably I haven't! Not for a lack of trying though - just haven't been able to get my hands on a ticket yet. Fingers crossed for next year!