Any sign of Pulp yet?

angelin

11 hours ago, Nutella Versace said:

A one-off Thursday night slot on the pyramid stage? 

As much as I’d love that I can’t see it. Without anyone on Other, Park, Woodsies and West Holts to split the crowd it just wouldn’t be safe to have that many people at the Pyramid.

Don’t recall anyone being on any of the big 5 on a Thursday?

4 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

As much as I’d love that I can’t see it. Without anyone on Other, Park, Woodsies and West Holts to split the crowd it just wouldn’t be safe to have that many people at the Pyramid.

They showed England play on a Thursday night and it was epic. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

The festival licence does not allow the big stages to open before Friday, except for occasional sports stuff on the big screens.

21 minutes ago, donshakey said:

They showed England play on a Thursday night and it was epic. 

Heh last time I saw an England game there was 2004 on what was the cinema at the time.. 2010 thought oh we’re setting off 12 hours before kick off, will be able to watch the game on the farm.. totally missed it.

But aye that’s different to having actual performances on.

2 minutes ago, paulshane said:

The festival licence does not allow the big stages to open before Friday, except for occasional sports stuff on the big screens.

Dunno why I didn’t think of that 🤦🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Blossoms/Rick Astley Woodsies Friday, Hozier Woodsies Saturday, The Pretenders Park Saturday, DMAs litter picking Monday morning. 

Ah at least nothing I'd be bothered to hurry to.

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think this is the most likely outcome. Reckon they will be the sub Saturday or Sunday night slot to whoever. Don't see the Legend slot as surely if Pulp wanted that they could have had it over Cat Stevens.

1 hour ago, DeanoL said:

I don't think this Pulp reunion will keep going until June 2024. No new material as far as we know, I think this is just a final 6-month hurrah.

There was no new material last time out (barring a previously unreleased track left over from the We Love Life sessions), and they still went about 18 months.

Given that to date the only scheduled dates are in the UK/Ireland and Latin America, with apparently no issue in taking 3 months off between them, I think they're back for a bit next year even if it's just (primarily) to fill in a few gaps in Europe and the US/Canada.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1

Spoke to a friend last night who works in the industry who said he still "expects" Pulp to be there, despite the Foos announcement. Wasn't an outright confirmation.

I still think (hope) its more likely than not that there'll be there, but seems a bit of a waste to have them in one of the TBA slots at Woodsies/Park - surely a Pyramid slot would have been more suitable and an appropriate way to (potentially) bow out.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2023 at 7:14 AM, FloorFiller said:

Blossoms/Rick Astley Woodsies Friday, Hozier Woodsies Saturday, The Pretenders Park Saturday, DMAs litter picking Monday morning. 

Not one of those needs to be a secret set! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/7/2023 at 7:07 AM, northernangel said:

JP or Park TBA slots. Clashing with Lewis Capaldi/Maneskin respectively and perfect choices for an alternative for the festival. Personally I'd the the JP because they've done the park before...but so had Jack White and Jarvis is a regularly on his Jarv...Is in the park area.

DMAs doing a slot too plus, Hozier apparently and Blossoms with Rick Astley which is pointless. 

Where did the DMA's info come from?

Only possible slot left is the saturday woodsies tba

(They can safely close the field and george ezra has done it before who whether you like it or not is absolutely massive, plus er the killers)

however im now siding with 2024 as it does look like the previously posted TBAs are correct even tho yes none of them really even need to be kept secret for any particular reason 🤷🏻‍♂️

The only thing that’s annoyed me is the fact that pulp never just flat out denied it? Just say no, we’re not doing it this year, sorry.

Edited by Memory Man

On 6/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, DeanoL said:

I don't think this Pulp reunion will keep going until June 2024. No new material as far as we know, I think this is just a final 6-month hurrah.

If that is the case that might explain the rush for Finsbury Park. Every e-mail I get for Twickets spares to Finsbury Park is gone before I can even click it. And I don't even like FP that much. Just now compensating for being unavailable to the Apollo dates.

On 6/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, charlierc said:

If that is the case that might explain the rush for Finsbury Park. Every e-mail I get for Twickets spares to Finsbury Park is gone before I can even click it. And I don't even like FP that much. Just now compensating for being unavailable to the Apollo dates.

You need the app and notifications set - these are always a few minutes at least before the emails arrive.