Avalon 2023

stuie

1 minute ago, stuie said:

If you think SH is poor then you don’t follow those genres.  Avalon was always going to be lower key after the problems of previous years and the council warning.

I was gonna say, I think Silver Hayes is stellar this year! I think they've paid attention to names on the up in the industry and a good diverse range of acts. But I digress! Not a huge amount on Avalon for me but there often isn't...band recs welcome for listening this rainy Friday!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

If you think SH is poor then you don’t follow those genres.  Avalon was always going to be lower key after the problems of previous years and the council warning.

People seemed awful keen to write to the festival and the council last year about certain acts being over-crowded.

Along with Williams Green seemingly being iced, this is the find out stage of fuck around and find out.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Punisher said:

Surely you’d think they’d drop some decent names before the resale but with this and Silver Hayes, it’s been a let down.

Silver Hayes line up across the board is massive, not sure what you're on about.

Camelphat, Dennis Sulta, Dimension, Sub Focus, Kemnny Beats, Eli Brown, Michael Bibi, Salute, Hedex, Earl Sweatshirt...

Edited by TGCarr
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

People seemed awful keen to write to the festival and the council last year about certain acts being over-crowded.

Along with Williams Green seemingly being iced, this is the find out stage of fuck around and find out.

Is that true about WG? That’s a shame as it’s been one of my fave areas - although it was an absolute sh*tshow at times last year

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Yep, about what you'd expect 🙂

Agree - given the usual Avalon lineups, plus the need to avoid a Sugababes-type crowd this time (although I think people like Mel C might have the potential to draw a big crowd) - it's pretty much as expected.

For comparison, last year's lineup on that stage:

image.png.7a4321229de6fcf98a84a6409f347d93.png

Just now, Lipgloss and Cigarettes said:

Is that true about WG? That’s a shame as it’s been one of my fave areas - although it was an absolute sh*tshow at times last year

its going to be  car installation ..... the ones from the carmaggedon will be used there . dont know if WG has a stage of some description yet 

Just now, goonerben said:

Agree - given the usual Avalon lineups, plus the need to avoid a Sugababes-type crowd this time (although I think people like Mel C might have the potential to draw a big crowd) - it's pretty much as expected.

Yup, doesn't look too dissimilar. Will Young/Mel C will be fairly popular with people that like that stuff. Outside of a McFly/Sugababes booking, which as we've spoken about to death, is understandable why  that size of act are not there.

2 minutes ago, Lipgloss and Cigarettes said:

Changed or gone.  Rumours there won't be a stage but we'll have to wait and see. 

4 minutes ago, goonerben said:

The fact Sugababes and McFly weren’t headlining is wild to me lol