Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

They need to edit it again. GNR currently has three non white members. They’re forgetting Melissa Reese because she’s a woman.

Even if you regard GNR as the three main members from the Appetite For Destruction era, Slash is the main reason to see GNR and for many always has been.

Edited by lolbot

I think this release is like most for me - solid with some highlights and some low points.  Don't think it's notably better or worse than many years in fairness.  In terms of the size of some of the artists, you can't really argue.

Complete guesswork, but I feel Texas could headline Avalon one night and Kelis could be a WH Sub.  Manics either open the Other or headline Park.

Just now, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think this release is like most for me - solid with some highlights and some low points.  Don't think it's notably better or worse than many years in fairness.  In terms of the size of some of the artists, you can't really argue.

Complete guesswork, but I feel Texas could headline Avalon one night and Kelis could be a WH Sub.  Manics either open the Other or headline Park.

Texas on the Avalon would’ve rammed I reckon and didn’t the festival say they would try and avoid a repetition of problems last year?  They could open the other on Friday like James, Pretenders have done. We want to see them, clashes permitting. 

35 minutes ago, gfa said:

hotspur community or something, a spurs forum

35 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah fred and chvrches together as WH goes directly against the same person elsewhere saying both of them on Other (where they'd make more sense). miscomms i think

The ones I posted aren't a Spurs forum, but is a football-based one.

By "the same person" do you mean "bobby.james" posting on both the Spurs forum and the one I screenshotted?

If so, then yeah, I'd imagine it's Other.

If not, then I don't know what/where someone have said they're playing Other, or what their track record is, so i'd be leaning towards WH as it's coming from a fairly solid source.

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Texas on the Avalon would’ve rammed I reckon and didn’t the festival say they would try and avoid a repetition of problems last year?  They could open the other on Friday like James, Pretenders have done. We want to see them, clashes permitting. 

Possibly, but I didn't think they'd have that much draw these days, whilst still having the 90's/00's throwback appeal. 

48 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

He's doing alright selling half of Spurs stadium with expensive tickets, I can see it even if I've totally uninterested 

Burna Boy is playing London Stadium. I was making a point about relative Afro Beats popularity. Glastonbury is not traditionally an Afro Beats haven so was comparing to a similar artist. 

14 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Guardian in their desperation to push out an all white male narrative fucked up. What a surprise.

The Guardian as usual desperately trying to force a narrative. That’s why this bit is hidden away far down the article

52% of the 54 names on this week’s partial lineup announcement – with many more acts still to come – are male. Eavis said she remained “entirely focused on balancing our bill. It’s not just about gender, it’s about every aspect of diversity.” 46% of those 54 names are non-white, or feature non-white members”

1 hour ago, lendan said:

yes I’m disappointed there’s no prodigy, but seen the plenty of times, but I’m happy with this initial release,

Royal Blood, Lizzo, GNR, Elton, churches, CATQ, Fatboy, Fred Again, Hot Chip, LDR, MSP, Rudimental, Texas, The War On Drugs, Cat Stevens. 

im sure they’ll already be plenty of clashes 

I expected Prodigy too. A late addition possibly?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I think Texas was meant to headline acoustic a few years ago but something like a " stomach bug" meant they had to cancel. Nice to see them not being slagged off here (yet) though! Sharleen's still got a great voice.

Bit underwhelmed as well.

Excited to see: Elton, Blondie, Fred, Lizzo, Fever Ray, Leftfield, Joey Bada$$, Tinariwen, Warpaint, Rina, Flo and a few others.

Feels a bit on the old side. I do like some of Texas, the Manics and stuff but when the majority of the line-up released their best stuff 10+ years ago it's not ideal.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think it's as strong as last year and probably stronger than 2019 

Only grumbles from me are the GnR Lana clash and the lack of Rosalia.

I thought I would be in a minority of one upset about the GnR and Lana clash! 

Really good 1st poster for me with lots I want to see, especially as it is shorter list than normal.  Even if this was all the bands playing, I would find enough to keep me happy along with all the other activities on site.  I can't wait to see who else is going to be added and getting properly excited now 🤩

39 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

The charge of the tory boys from Fred Again to Arctic Monkeys is going to be a sight to behold(/avoid).

Weird take. 

3 minutes ago, gtf said:

I thought I would be in a minority of one upset about the GnR and Lana clash! 

Really good 1st poster for me with lots I want to see, especially as it is shorter list than normal.  Even if this was all the bands playing, I would find enough to keep me happy along with all the other activities on site.  I can't wait to see who else is going to be added and getting properly excited now 🤩

I’m also in the gutted to see GnR and Lana clash camp.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

So long as Phoenix, CHVRCHES and Arctic Monkeys don't clash I'm happy. Trying to keep my pool of must sees small as I hear moving between stages is a lot more time consuming than other festivals. 

You hear right. I assume this will be your first Glastonbury... If so, congrats. Despite the grumbling around here, you will have an amazing time. And it is huge compared to other fests. Huge.