guypjfreak

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Well you clearly can’t cause it gave you the wrong impression 

Not wrong historically those numbers are low for an act of big claimed popularity.

9 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’d appreciate it if you stopped claiming I’m arguing with you cause you’re disabled when I really just think you’re arrogant, stubborn and a bit odious 

Why are all your posts here to bait me. There's a reason why you're devoted to me.

12 minutes ago, Neil said:

Not given a listen I'mb repelled from checking him out by this  hyping topic.

Aye, I get that. Has put me off people/bands before only to listen and see my error. Certainly worth listening with an open mind though. Hi Ren maybe Good place to start. His voice pisses off my son and will not listen, but the rest of the family love him. Worth checking out

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Aye, I get that. Has put me off people/bands before only to listen and see my error. Certainly worth listening with an open mind though. Hi Ren maybe Good place to start. His voice pisses off my son and will not listen, but the rest of the family love him. Worth checking out

If he's as big and popular as some are saying then he'll be unavoidable soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

If he's as big and popular as some are saying then he'll be unavoidable soon enough.

Or you could just go listen, sometimes better that way than waiting for radio play. Not sure some of his stuff is radio friendly. We'll see though. 

Thank god you didn't wait for rave or dub to get bigger before you gave that a go 😀

Edited by fred quimby

2 hours ago, Neil said:

I wasn't doing a compare I generally don't pay any interest to social numbers. Just that I remember seeing much bigger numbers for other acts in the past so rens numbers didn't seem fantastic for an act that was being raved about as hugely popular.

Hey, fair enough, enough said then. 

For what it's worth, any artist who has been 'popular' for more than a year or so has much bigger numbers on facebook. Facebook's death has been quite rapid over the past few years.  

2 hours ago, stuie said:

I discovered him from this thread and been having a listen to him this evening.

I’m an old wrinkly so I’ve ‘liked’ him on Facebook but as I'm cool too I’ve also followed him on the gram!  

Me too, I'm a facebook wrinkly too... Except I don't really have Instagram, not a personal account anyway.

It was @Sawdusty surfer who first put us on to him in January... My favourite newly discovered artist this year by a country mile, so I owe him one.  

I like the lad, there's a level of wordsmithery (is that even a word?) to his stuff that is just plain impressive even if not everything he does is to my taste.  Fingers crossed he gets the health side of things sorted and glad to read the album's done well.

Hi ren is the most impressive song ive heard in a long time love it 

Searched youtube and his past material is impressive loved his big push busking sessions in Brighton also the video of chalk outlines with chinchilla filmed in a basement  is probably my favourite tune of his 

Wish him every success and hope his health ssues improve 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cidy said:

Hi ren is the most impressive song ive heard in a long time love it 

Searched youtube and his past material is impressive loved his big push busking sessions in Brighton also the video of chalk outlines with chinchilla filmed in a basement  is probably my favourite tune of his 

Wish him every success and hope his health ssues improve 

Hi Ren is a devastating track. I truly hope he recovers, not so I can see him live (which I love), but just so he can make more music.

He may be independant, but his teams marketing game is top notch... The emails they send out. I probably hear more from Ren than I do any other artist I've ticked the 'allow contact' box on. 

He just released a Digi Deluxe version of sick boi with a new track on it, Castles made of sand, as well as some instrumentals.

Only problem is, I can't download it, this, or something else, seems to be crashing his digital distributor, Music Glue. 😕 So no idea if it's any good. Don't even know if it linked in any to the Hendrix one, a cover, anything like that... Anybody else know? 

58 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

He may be independant, but his teams marketing game is top notch... The emails they send out. I probably hear more from Ren than I do any other artist I've ticked the 'allow contact' box on. 

He just released a Digi Deluxe version of sick boi with a new track on it, Castles made of sand, as well as some instrumentals.

Only problem is, I can't download it, this, or something else, seems to be crashing his digital distributor, Music Glue. 😕 So no idea if it's any good. Don't even know if it linked in any to the Hendrix one, a cover, anything like that... Anybody else know? 

No idea but will be trying ourselves once we get home. Which in itself is mad, because our household had already bought the vinyl, two cds and the cassette bundle 😂

3 hours ago, Miathedog said:

No idea but will be trying ourselves once we get home. Which in itself is mad, because our household had already bought the vinyl, two cds and the cassette bundle 😂

Got an email from Music Glue apologising for issues experienced by many, so it wasn't just me. All fixed now.

I already bought a bundle too (though it hasn't arrived yet.) And the standard version of the digital album. However, the new track and the instrumentals weren't to be missed. Been messing around with Reason, FL and Cubase again lately, so hoping I can steal some samples from them haha (purely for my own enjoyment of course!) 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 11:42 AM, Spindles said:

I like the lad, there's a level of wordsmithery (is that even a word?) to his stuff that is just plain impressive even if not everything he does is to my taste.  Fingers crossed he gets the health side of things sorted and glad to read the album's done well.

Me too. But god help him, he only has 154k likes on Facebook. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rumblestripe said:

Rediscovered this comment from the dear departed, beautiful soul of Sinead O'Connor

YQlqabD869v17aeBUMYhcnltoxdKhLxMZEPyzn36

This is not hype.

so are you lot liking a three year old's birthday party at burger king????

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Is that his ? I’ve no idea 🤷 and I didn’t log into MySpace … I’m not sure if I had an account or not 

yes, he famously paid a stupid amount of money for it when trying to jump on the internet bandwagon.