guypjfreak

56 minutes ago, Neil said:

As can be seen with the existence of this topic, his fans are quite active in promoting him, but not active enough to click a like button on facewipe

It's been pointed out to you now about 5 times that young people largely don't use facebook. If you're gonna make a point about popularity at least use insta or spotify as an example. The fact you opted for fb shows you're out of touch.

Fred again as mentioned around 50k fb followers vs 2 million on insta. By your logic he isn't popular cause you don;t know what instagram is

You following me again. And Making up bullshit. I googled ren one of the results was his Facebook so I chose to click thru to that as a place where I'd find out more about him when i was there his Facebook numbers were on the page in front of me and I was struck that they were quite small for someone being claimed as mega popular.

Edited by Neil

50 minutes ago, Neil said:

You following me again. And Making up bullshit. I googled ren one of the results was his Facebook so I chose to click thru to that as a place where I'd find out more about him when i was there his Facebook numbers were on the page in front of me and I was struck that they were quite small for someone being claimed as mega popular.

I'm not following you Neil, you comment on tonnes of threads and they then appear at the top of the glasto page

And yes, the fact you thought having few fb followers means he isn't popular means you're out of touch, cba going over it again

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I'm not following you Neil

you are, what is it about harassing the disabled bloke that makes you feel big and clever.

11 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

And yes, the fact you thought having few fb followers means he isn't popular means you're out of touch, cba going over it again

i didn't say isn't popular i said, not as popular as some had suggested.

for facebook numbers they are very very low especially for someone who is being claimed as exceptionally popular

as you're the only person who knows people under 35 . you patronising  twat - yes i'm out of touch (what that really means is i'm not a social media tart)

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

you are, what is it about harassing the disabled bloke that makes you feel big and clever.

for facebook numbers they are very very low especially for someone who is being claimed as exceptionally popular

as you're the only person who knows people under 35 . you patronising  twat - yes i'm out of touch (what that really means is i'm not a social media tart)

4 x higher than Easy Life, who played the Pyramid in 2022... 3 x higher than Fred Again.. Who was too big for the Other stage... Twice as many as Wet Leg who were too big for park stage in 2022... More followers on Facebook than Masie Peters who played Pyramid this year. More followers than Fontaines D.C

Facebook Followers...

Ren 153k

Easy Life 38k 
Wet Leg 70k
Fred Again 53k
Maisie Peters 95k
Fontaines D.C 109k

Ironic thing is, a few artists I've compared his numbers to there are actually really popular with Facebook's demographics too, and he's still got more followers than them!!!

But yeh, I guess you're right... He can't be very popular, because none of the facebook wrinklies like him... 

15 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

4 x higher than Easy Life, who played the Pyramid in 2022... 3 x higher than Fred Again.. Who was too big for the Other stage... Twice as many as Wet Leg who were too big for park stage in 2022... More followers on Facebook than Masie Peters who played Pyramid this year. More followers than Fontaines D.C

Facebook Followers...

Ren 153k

Easy Life 38k 
Wet Leg 70k
Fred Again 53k
Maisie Peters 95k
Fontaines D.C 109k

Ironic thing is, a few artists I've compared his numbers to there are actually really popular with Facebook's demographics too, and he's still got more followers than them!!!

But yeh, I guess you're right... He can't be very popular, because none of the facebook wrinklies like him... 

I wasn't doing a compare I generally don't pay any interest to social numbers. Just that I remember seeing much bigger numbers for other acts in the past so rens numbers didn't seem fantastic for an act that was being raved about as hugely popular.

9 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

Only discovered Ren recently and I am now a fan, would defo catch him where ever he played in the future. 

I discovered him from this thread and been having a listen to him this evening.

I’m an old wrinkly so I’ve ‘liked’ him on Facebook but as I'm cool too I’ve also followed him on the gram!  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

I discovered him from this thread and been having a listen to him this evening.

I’m an old wrinkly so I’ve ‘liked’ him on Facebook but as I'm cool too I’ve also followed him on the gram!  

No one is interested in your gram stuie. I see you're still my devoted follower too. : p 

Not to put words in Neil's mouth but guess he may have got the buzz from here and had a look what the fuss was about, only looking at Facebook though.

What makes Popular though. Can mean different things to different people

Ren though is popular. Number 2 album, when he does do gigs tickets are going to be gold dust. Would Get a prominent placing at Glastonbury. I think he is really interesting and a great talent.

My Nephew played a few sessions with him at Uni and said he was obviously going on to good things

hes definitely blown up .... think he was originally down to play a small venue but offers likely to have come in for a bigger stage . Not the biggest fan myself but in both my watts app groups hes been a bit of a discussion point with several very keen and probably one of the most mentioned artists over the last 12 months . Hope he sorts the health stuff out and those that like him get to see him on a suitably sized stage on the farm 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Ren thought is popular. Number 2 album, when he does do gigs tickets are going to be gold dust. Would Get a prominent placing at Glastonbury. I think he is really interesting and a great talent.

Just read he had to turn down Glasto this year due to health so maybe next year. 

https://www.nme.com/features/ren-interview-sick-boi-glastonbury-hi-ren-3514688

7 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Not to put words in Neil's mouth but guess he may have got the buzz from here and had a look what the fuss was about, only looking at Facebook though.

Exactly that as i explained in response to frey bentos's made up story. Facebook is a decent source for a well rounded amount of info - a one stop shop. I didn't want to be doing a big trawl of websites when I could get much the same from one.

Just now, stuie said:

Just read he had to turn down Glasto this year due to health so maybe next year. 

https://www.nme.com/features/ren-interview-sick-boi-glastonbury-hi-ren-3514688

Aye. Nephew mentioned he had mental health illness at uni and explained some of it. Not saying here at all. Hope he finds a path to a better mental health. 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

Exactly that as i explained in response to frey bentos's made up story. Facebook is a decent source for a well rounded amount of info - a one stop shop. I didn't want to be doing a big trawl of websites when I could get much the same from one.

Have you given him a listen at all. Not sure it would be your thing but certainly worth a listen. 

14 minutes ago, Neil said:

when I could get much the same from one.

Well you clearly can’t cause it gave you the wrong impression 

1 hour ago, Neil said:

I’d appreciate it if you stopped claiming I’m arguing with you cause you’re disabled when I really just think you’re arrogant, stubborn and a bit odious 

10 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Have you given him a listen at all. Not sure it would be your thing but certainly worth a listen. 

Not given a listen I'mb repelled from checking him out by this  hyping topic.

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Well you clearly can’t cause it gave you the wrong impression

It didn't it gave me his accurate Facebook numbers

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

I’d appreciate it if you stopped claiming I’m arguing with you cause you’re disabled when I really just think you’re arrogant, stubborn and a bit odious 

You follow me round like a devotee.if you don't want me to say that about you you'll need to stop doing it. someone else recently called you out for doing it and called you the odious turd you are .

Edited by Neil

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

hes definitely blown up .... think he was originally down to play a small venue but offers likely to have come in for a bigger stage . Not the biggest fan myself but in both my watts app groups hes been a bit of a discussion point with several very keen and probably one of the most mentioned artists over the last 12 months . Hope he sorts the health stuff out and those that like him get to see him on a suitably sized stage on the farm 

iirc he was down for Left field, it was announced just after I'd discovered him, via this forum. And whilst I've listened to him loads on Spotify and watched YouTube videos, never seen the need to like him on FB. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

It didn't it gave me his accurate Facebook numbers

Which is fairly irrelevant when measuring popularity as discussed 

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

You follow me round like a devotee.if you don't want me to say that about you you'll need to stop doing it.

You do realise this is a forum and you post constantly on it so are frequently the most recent post on threads? Also you frequently talk nonsense about stuff you know nothing about, don’t post if you don’t want to be corrected