Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

5 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Any rumour of hinterland , or even some more material, the 4 tracks I have on Spotify are beyond awesome 

That’s kind. we’ve got 2 singles and then the album coming this year. Will let you know when they drop. 
as for playing Glasto. As with everyone, it’s the ultimate dream. One day maybe…

(tracks will be here sometime soon…) 

Edited by danbailey80

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'm going to Berlin in July and now really want to go to this.

Oh dear! I need to 'fess up a bit! I was being a little bit mischievous!

The museum is very odd and quite funny...but it is TINY! It's the size of a short corridor (it IS a short corridor!). Mrs Benny and I went and we were glad we did, but please don't plan for it being a morning or an afternoon's activity!!

Ben
x

On 2/17/2023 at 7:46 PM, jonday81 said:

Probably no surprise as they are a regular but Thrill Collins just self confirmed.

i know for certain that they don't have an actual booking, just that all the band have tickets and hope to arrange playing somewhere.

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oh dear! I need to 'fess up a bit! I was being a little bit mischievous!

The museum is very odd and quite funny...but it is TINY! It's the size of a short corridor (it IS a short corridor!). Mrs Benny and I went and we were glad we did, but please don't plan for it being a morning or an afternoon's activity!!

Ben
x

Yeah, I looked it up and the fact it's tiny only adds to the appeal. Love a tiny weird museum! Thanks for mentioning it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dondo said:

Was at an in store appearance and signing with Hamish Hawk today. Asked if he was playing Glastonbury. He said they're waiting for 100% confirmation but it's pretty much guaranteed.

Excellent!

I met him after a gig last month and he said they were really hoping to play but it wasn't confirmed, great news that it's now looking likely 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Any suggestions on where to start with Beth Orton? I wasn't familiar with her until last year's album, which I really enjoyed.

Trailer Park, Central Reservation and Daybreaker are probably her peak fame albums with Central Reservation probably being her most recognised work. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2023 at 6:26 PM, dondo said:

Was at an in store appearance and signing with Hamish Hawk today. Asked if he was playing Glastonbury. He said they're waiting for 100% confirmation but it's pretty much guaranteed.

Excellent. I saw him at Latitude. And had tickets for the recent Scala gig, but couldn’t make it. A great performer. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2023 at 11:19 AM, IceCreamVan said:

Special Request confirmed the Thursday on his Instagram 🥳

Screenshot_20230301-111705.png

That's good as missed the majority of his set last year and not seen Wooly for a good many years. He was always great when he was a resident at Basics in Leeds

Edited by dondo

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know if I’m imagining it, but I think there’s been less self confirmations this year than in previous years. 

Maybe they've come down on it in some way? Doesn't seem an unusual number to me at the moment though.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t know if I’m imagining it, but I think there’s been less self confirmations this year than in previous years. 

I think there definitely is but I think it’s probably a cost of living crisis thing, acts not wanting to confirm for a festival if it might impact their audience for their own shows. I know I have had to cut back on the amount of gigs I go to.