Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

Just now, p.pete said:

An act has DM'd them about whether they are playing a gig - i.e. their business.

If you are a scientist, or something similar whom I'd reasonably expect to have knowledge about frequencies of light or colour generally, then that increases the likelihood of it being the case.

If you're just some bullshit philosopher talking about ontological arguments about 'truth' then I will assume you may just be being cantankerous. 

You’ve totally lost me.

36 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Wait, so if someone DMs someone else it’s not factual, unless they also tell you the information?

This is going to need some explanation…

i've been running this site for 25 years and being privately told someone is playing hasn't been what a self confirmation is. that's "they told me".

1 minute ago, Neil said:

i've been running this site for 25 years and being privately told someone is playing hasn't been what a self confirmation is. that's "they told me".

Does it matter, really? You're saying that being told personally is better than a self confirmation, they're offended that you don't class it as a self confirm, it's all just wording and terminology that means fuck all... At the end of the day, they've said they're playing... 

3 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Does it matter, really? You're saying that being told personally is better than a self confirmation, they're offended that you don't class it as a self confirm, it's all just wording and terminology that means fuck all... At the end of the day, they've said they're playing... 

it doesn't matter really, and i'm not trying to downgrade a person's info, i'm just saying that's different to how I've always thought of it.

Wooah time out please … can we just have a nice peaceful day on here pls . This is exhausting do we need to argue over every single damn thing …. @Neil this includes you however your definition of self confirm differs the effect and result is the same … peace out guys it’s nearly the weekend 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

your definition of self confirm differs the effect and result is the same

not quite true, my version is verifiable info (tho that's no why i have that definition), and the dm version can be used to make stuff up.

7 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Every day is a fun game of guess which thread a nonsensical argument is gonna erupt in. 

yeah, so people want to argue that i've not had a particular definition for 'self confirmed' in my head for the last 20+ years.

I get where Neil's coming from on this one.  I 100% want @rwoo, and others, to share what they've heard on here, but from a perspective of adding it to the website as a rumour there is a massive difference between someone with ~60 posts saying they've received a DM and someone with ~6k posts saying it.  I'm excited to give Say She She a listen, and I assume they'll be playing off the back of the info shared - everyone else can make up their own mind.  The public lineup page here is very different from hiding in discord, totally get that there has to be a level of control about how different pieces of information are interpreted.  

Homer Simpson Peaceful Protest GIF

Edited by p.pete
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2