2023 New Music

FloorFiller

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah she/her label massively f**ked up not having this released for festival season. So many feel good dancey bops. What she’s doing is hardly revolutionary, but damn is she doing it well. 

Such a feel good album. 

I think post Covid there’s a whole lotta love for simple music that just puts a smile on your face and makes you want to dance. 

Almost cheesy in places. 

See also Fred Again. 

My band have released a single today guys if you’re bored and looking for something new. Stream via below link.

https://lnk.to/ACID-LimbicSmog

(pls don’t listen straight after new Explosions in the Sky, that’s like Royal Blood trying to follow that Foo’s set this year!)

Edited by PolygonWindow

Listened Iover the weekend to

K-Flays new album which is rather good

Philip Johann Thimm - Birds singing Til the World Ends. Not sure how you describe it but really interesting, Last Drops rather depressing mind, young girl talking about climate change.  Waiting for pay day to buy the vinyl 

12 hours ago, Mike A said:

Would love to see Chappell Roan at Glasto, but not sure it's in the cards.

But, she's opening for Last DInner Party and they're likely to be there next year, so maybe.

Where is she opening for The Last Dinner Party? The UK shows are Picture Parlour and the US tour is Mothermary and Brigitte Calls Me Baby

12 hours ago, panda97 said:

Where is she opening for The Last Dinner Party? The UK shows are Picture Parlour and the US tour is Mothermary and Brigitte Calls Me Baby

Oh, my mistake. I was thinking about Mothermary (another great group).
Chappell Roan is opening for Olivia Rodrigo (who may also be at Glasto).

- Wires crossed. Sorry for the confusion -

Not new music I guess but this is out next Wednesday. Loving the book.

McCartney: A Life in Lyrics” offers listeners the opportunity to sit in on conversations between Paul McCartney and poet Paul Muldoon dissecting the people, experiences, and art that inspired McCartney’s songwriting. These conversations were held during the past several years as the two collaborated on the bestselling book, “The Lyrics: 1956 to Present.” Over two seasons and 24 episodes of “McCartney: A Life in Lyrics,” you’ll hear a combination master class, memoir, and improvised journey with one of the most beloved figures in popular music. Each episode focuses on one song from McCartney’s iconic catalog – spanning early Beatles through his solo work. Season 1 premieres on October 4, 2023.

https://www.pushkin.fm/podcasts/mccartney-a-life-in-lyrics

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

New U2 single out today. I'd post a link but it's f**king shite.

Once upon a time I would have been enthused about new material from U2. The 90s was a long time ago.

Seems like it’s just a bit of a throwaway song to go along with these Vegas shows they’re doing, but still, it’s another in a long line of toothless rockers that they’ve been releasing for the better part of fifteen years now.

And yeah, just a sh*t Blondie knock off.