2023 New Music

FloorFiller

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Lots of good shit out today: Paramore, Kelela, Black Belt Eagle Scout, Yo La Tengo, Andy Shauf, Pierce the Veil, and best of all, the debut album from Rebecca Black.

New album from Tennis out as well today, if that's your thing.

20 hours ago, Greenelk said:

Not sure on first listen of new Depeche Mode.  Could be a grower

Edit - It is!

Really liked this. Very poignant song and video. I saw Dave Gahan when he performed on the Other Stage in 2003. He was excellent. I would love to see Depeche Mode (as it is now), perform at Glastonbury. I'm not sure if it will ever happen but I wouldn't miss it if it did.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Narrow Head album is great (hardcore-adjacent shoegazey britpop alt rock goodness)

Like this a lot, good shout. Reckon you might like Teenage Wrist if you like this (and haven't already heard of them!). Album's a few years old so cheating by putting it in this thread, but who cares 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/10/2023 at 6:30 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

New Paramore album feels very much an album of two halves.  There's quite a distinct change of sound from the first half of the album to the second.

Second half of the new album has a few songs that would not sound out of place on either of Hayley's solo albums.

I think because the other members  did work on the solo albums that it carried over to this and you clearly hear it on the final tracks. So who knows if it was leftovers and the band only had to write 5 or 6 new new songs and just re tooled those other ones.

Was gonna skip listening to the first half of the new M83 album and just wait for the full thing, but I caved, and I love it. Real nice mix of the more wall of sound stuff from their old albums and the poppier hooks of their later work. Amnesia is the initial standout, but it’s all good. Many have tried but nobody does that big euphoric sound like them. Makes me want to be off my tits.

Not sure whether their dates are a good indication of them being at Glastonbury, but even if they are, I fully expect them to headline the Park one night meaning I’d inevitably just miss the them anyway, so hope we get a proper tour from them at some point. 

On 2/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

New Paramore album feels very much an album of two halves.  There's quite a distinct change of sound from the first half of the album to the second.

Second half of the new album has a few songs that would not sound out of place on either of Hayley's solo albums.

I’d second this. Last 4, Liar onwards could have been lifted from her solo stuff wholesale. After 3-4 listens though, I do like it.