Five acts you'd love to see on that poster

Zoo Music Girl

23 hours ago, sfroml said:

Went to see Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band last week in Halifax.

An absolutely incredible performance, hopefully with the great year he (and the band) have had will increase the chance of them playing at Glastonbury. 

What a great, GREAT songwriter and performer.

The album was superb, and the old Shack songs would guarantee a few singing along too if he was in the acoustic tent or similar. He's one of my 5 too.  

1. Michael Head & The Red Elastic Band 
2. Ian Prowse & Amsterdam
3. The Mysterines
4. Opus Kink
5. Porcupine Tree

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gfa said:

Fan of big beat? 😂

Unfortunately FBS has completely ditched the big beat for EDM. Would love to see him do a couple of sets from the "Better Living...", "Halfway Between..." and "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" albums. He plays so many times over the weekend, but largely from the same genre. I saw him play a few sets as Pizzaman and Mighty Dub Katz a couple weekends ago and it was still very much the same. I won't have a bad word said against Norm, though. An absolute gentleman and top man. Fuck it, Norm for the legend slot!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/16/2022 at 1:15 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Unfortunately FBS has completely ditched the big beat for EDM. Would love to see him do a couple of sets from the "Better Living...", "Halfway Between..." and "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" albums. He plays so many times over the weekend, but largely from the same genre. I saw him play a few sets as Pizzaman and Mighty Dub Katz a couple weekends ago and it was still very much the same. I won't have a bad word said against Norm, though. An absolute gentleman and top man. Fuck it, Norm for the legend slot!

This is actually a shout! He could get that field jumping. 

1. REM (yeah I know it's not happening but I'm allowing myself one dream booking)

2. Lane 8 (no idea where he'd end up but his last 2 albums have both been in my AOTY lists)

3. Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever (probably my favourite current band right now)

4. Frank Turner (guaranteed funtime show)

5. Youth Sector (favourite up and coming band, they'd do well in Williams Green or JPT)

1. CMAT (either on William’s Green or John Peel - my favourite album of this year!)

2. Yard Act (I know they played this year but saw them a few weeks ago and they were absolutely brilliant. A John Peel must have.)

3. Maggie Rogers (amazing album this year, can imagine a mid afternoon Other slot!)

4. Pulp (enough said)

5. Let’s Eat Grandma (their album earlier this year was incredible as was their 2019 William’s Green set)