Five acts you'd love to see on that poster

Zoo Music Girl

7 hours ago, king_oxymoron said:

Would kill for Paramore and Carly, But I’m not holding my breath. Carly had a perfect GSH in her schedule last year and was doing some European fests and still didn’t appear. Paramore have that GSH this year but nothing to suggest they’ll be over this way, I will need them to appear on a bill or a show this side of the pond before I’ll start to get my hopes up.

I do question why they have that gap if not for a reason, but…

Have Paramore ever played Glastonbury? I don't think they have but I would love it if they did..

• Upvote 1

Coming from the US, listing acts that are unlikely to ever come near my neck of the woods (very short tours here, just in the big cities normally):

*Kasabian

*Jamie T

*Pulp

*Courteeners

*DMA’s

*Bonus would be Doves or Cast or Embrace….not sure how active they are these days

Yes….easy to tell my musical taste is ridiculously narrow but what can I say, fist in the air anthemic British indie is my thing!

• Upvote 1

On 12/9/2022 at 5:22 PM, king_oxymoron said:

Not to my knowledge and certainly not since I’ve been going (2010). I don’t know why! Does not appearing on the R&L line up make it more likely? 

Doesn't hurt their chances but its not make or break. Its more to do with their tour dates, currently glasto is in a 2 week gap of pretty extensive US dates. Looks to me they aren't doing festivals this year to be honest.

6 hours ago, TravSC said:

*Bonus would be Doves or Cast or Embrace….not sure how active they are these days

Doves nothing happening as Jimmy taking a break, Cast still tour & embrace have a big gig at halifax piece hall week after glasto so that's a possible. hearing Ashes on the pyramid would be quite something 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2022 at 1:51 PM, Memory Man said:

Why not grace jones? money!

if it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now.

You say that but apparently Elton has gone from being someone who hated the festival to someone wanting to have his last show of his last UK tour there. People change, priorities change. That why Glastonbury have a never say never attitude. I remember when people said they'd never get the Rolling Stones because of money. 

People can keep dreaming, sure some of them won't happen but every so often one of them does. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While this is accepted wisdom, once it's fully in Emily's hands things may be different.

Queen were one of the best gigs I ever saw, back in 1982, however IMO they no longer exist as there's no Freddie.

Edited by Skip997

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

You say that but apparently Elton has gone from being someone who hated the festival to someone wanting to have his last show of his last UK tour there. People change, priorities change. That why Glastonbury have a never say never attitude. I remember when people said they'd never get the Rolling Stones because of money. 

People can keep dreaming, sure some of them won't happen but every so often one of them does. 

Yeah but grace jones has played probably 20 different Uk festivals over the last decade ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. she ain’t coming.

Edited by Memory Man

13 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah but grace jones has played probably 20 different Uk festivals over the last decade ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. she ain’t coming.

But that's because of the received wisdom that she wants a big paycheck if someone could convince her that the smaller paycheck was worth it because of gains in tv coverage etc she might come around. Maybe she won't but she doesn't seem to have an ideological stance against Glastonbury, she doesn't hate festivals so it's possible. 

Went to see Michael Head and the Red Elastic Band last week in Halifax.

An absolutely incredible performance, hopefully with the great year he (and the band) have had will increase the chance of them playing at Glastonbury. 

What a great, GREAT songwriter and performer.