Guns n Roses

Muppetmark

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I walked from Leftfield. Lana's crowd was very big, but not as big as the Hives got... but the sea of people from the pyrsmid was incredible. Never seen anything like it during an act. 

I walked into the pit with ease. That was at about 10 to 11. 

Don't have to try hard to find a bigger crowd, the crowd was bigger at the foo's yesterday.

I don't think the performance was bad, I just think GnR are sh*t, outside the three big hits their songs are awful. Wtf even was that one about being tied up, terrible stuff and happy for that kind of music to be resigned to the bin

• Downvote 1

Thought they were really good, you could tell they actually wanted to be there unlike the artics, massively regret giving up Fred again to get to the front for that. Was crazy easy to get into the pit after Lizzo finished. Did get a cool picture of slash, he was on top form and carried the set but was some good old fashioned rock. Each to there own though, was bored during lizzo but most will love her. That why we like the festival, it’s diverse, if it just goes pop for everything we lose that. 

IMG_3789.jpeg

6 minutes ago, lander89 said:

Was crazy easy to get into the pit after Lizzo finished. Did get a cool picture of slash, he was on top form and carried the set but was some good old fashioned rock. Each to there own though, was bored during lizzo but most will love her. That why we like the festival, it’s diverse, if it just goes pop for everything we lose that. 

I admire the quirk of going straight from Lizzo to Guns N Roses. A bit more of a leap from Royal Blood to AM, non?

1 hour ago, moho79 said:

That’s ridiculous. They weren’t even the worst headliner this weekend let alone of all time. 
I loved it. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/reviews/arctic-monkeys-glastonbury-review-alex-turner-b2363052.html

Independent with their finger on the pulse of the festival...

I watched 90 minutes and absolutely loved it. 

Left early as I’d promised my wife (who isn’t bothered by them) we’d get into the SE Corner earlier for a bit of techno. 

But I’d have happily stayed until the end. 

21 hours ago, onemoresolo said:

Listening back on Sounds and Slash is all over the place. He’s never been the cleanest player but yikes.

He really is. I'm amazed at how so many people are impressed with his playing. It's less than average.

Wasn't as bad as Alex Turner though... good lord 😂

Edited by Lemon T-wig

3 hours ago, Lemon T-wig said:

He really is. I'm amazed at how so many people are impressed with his playing. It's less than average.

Wasn't as bad as Alex Turner though... good lord 😂

He’s a great emotive player on record but his improv is shocking. The extended noodle into Sweet Child had so many flubbed notes and was just meandering nonsense. It’s either that or spamming as many notes as possible so you don’t have time to dwell on the bad ones. 

THIS.

Absolutely loved them, stayed on my own after friends headed to FBS and regretted nothing. Must say Axl's voice sounded brilliant from where I was, but less so watching back on TV last night. Just shows why actually being there is always better than watching it from your sofa 🤣 

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They were pretty ragged alright. But it still rocked like a bastard.

Casual Guns fan here, went mostly because the teens wanted to watch, had loads of fun. Lost me a bit at times but from Civil War onwards and the earlier big hits sounded great. We were fairly far forward in front of sound decks room to move but still busy and crowd around us really into it no chatters.