Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm old enough to remember how every single person at the festival was hyped to see *checks notes* Arcade Fire.

I was one of those!  I got that battered in the SEC afterwards though I couldn't remember a thing about it the next day 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Florian Saucer Attack said:

I thought Megan was good counter programming to McCartney

I guess glastonbury punters are just not that interested in spending 90 minutes listening to someone explain how amazing their arse is

Or the fact that going up against Macca is just an awful job. I’m interested why no one picks at the other stage headliners for having small crowds against Macca… just Megan.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Or the fact that going up against Macca is just an awful job. I’m interested why no one picks at the other stage headliners for having small crowds against Macca… just Megan.

Meghan was the only other stage headliner.

*I know.

53 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Slim.

They're Guns N Roses, one of the biggest rock bands of all time, not some chancers plucked from the Pilton Dog & Duck open mic night.

yes this ☝️

I think the crowd will be massive. 38th in the best selling artists of all time sales and 15th in the album sales charts

https://chartmasters.org/best-selling-artists-of-all-time/

https://chartmasters.org/best-selling-artists-albums-and-singles-of-all-time/8/

Edited by gazzared
  • Like 1

Took one of my best mates to his first Glastonbury last year. This year he got a ticket and I didn't. This is a dream booking for him. I hope to be stood next to him as he's blown away. 

But if The Prodigy are on against them he can tell me all about it. 

If I dont get a ticket I am not talking to him ha ha 

1 minute ago, faymondo said:

Took one of my best mates to his first Glastonbury last year. This year he got a ticket and I didn't. This is a dream booking for him. I hope to be stood next to him as he's blown away. 

But if The Prodigy are on against them he can tell me all about it. 

If I dont get a ticket I am not talking to him ha ha 

Him getting a ticket and not getting you one after you took him last year is enough of a reason to not be talking to him already! 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Its perfectly fine to roast an act you dislike - in fact the harder the better - but equally trying to make out that GnR are a notably bad booking in the context of a festival headlined recently by acts like Kasabian, Arcade Fire and Mumford and Sons is equally roastworthy.

I looked back through all the previous headliners for this reason. It's actually very rare that I would have been interested in 2. And there hasn't been a single Glasto in recent times where I'd have been at all 3. 

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I was watching Skrillex instead of arcade fire, and i have no idea who is winning and who is losing out of that little battle.

Not me though, i suspect 

Well, as an Arcade Fire fan since the beginning I can tell you that Skrillex is doing just fine and has no allegations of inappropriate sexual behaviour against him and people haven't burnt his records in disgust.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Tbf Jamie T packed out the Nonce Tent. Only safe in there because it was Macca on Pyramid. No idea what WH/Park was like - didn't they have two very similar acts on anyway? Was all a bit strange the main stages that evening.

Just now, kingbadger said:

Tbf Jamie T packed out the Nonce Tent. Only safe in there because it was Macca on Pyramid. No idea what WH/Park was like - didn't they have two very similar acts on anyway? Was all a bit strange the main stages that evening.

McCartney definitely one of those acts that would potentially siphon away from others for the once-in-a-lifetime status it offered.

Not sure who else would do the same.

1 minute ago, kingbadger said:

WH - Róisín Murphy. Not sure how big the crowd was, didn't look behind me, but there seemed to be a fair bit of room near the front.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Its perfectly fine to roast an act you dislike - in fact the harder the better - but equally trying to make out that GnR are a notably bad booking in the context of a festival headlined recently by acts like Kasabian, Arcade Fire and Mumford and Sons is equally roastworthy.

Axl Rose being a noted fan of roasts after all.