Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

30 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

0%  Monkeys personally thought they were dire at Reading last year

100% Guns and Roses. Will put my nightmare to bed of missing Slash in 2010 to watch the football 

100% Elton. Still can’t believe we have him at the farm.

I sacrificed football and had one of the best afternoons I've had at the festival watching Slash and Ray Davies. My then 10 year old daughter is on the video signing along to Sweet Child of Mine at our first ever Glastonbury. She is now 22, and we have attended most years since including last year, and have tickets for this year.

I saw Guns n Roses for the first time last year and i would watch them again, however guess it depends if Prodigy are up against them.

I saw AM at Leeds last year and it was a good sing along, though same again happy to see who is up against them.

Elton is a must see for me, just hoping Prodigy or QoTSA clash with him. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

The same thought process happened to me when they played Reading Festival in 2010. Unmissable I thought. Even if it’s a shambles I thought. 

Turns out…

It was just fucking shit.

Even the shambolic quality to it was boring. Never again.

That was Axl and chums though as opposed to Slash and Duff. But they haven't been anywhere near as good since Adler left. In 1990. All downhill since then. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Arctic Monkeys headlining the festival for the 3rd time in 12 festivals is super low energy.

GnR is very risky. Could be great, could be a shambles or Axl could throw a hissy and be late and/or walk off or thump someone in the front row. Unmissable either way. 

I saw him fill in for Brian Johnson with AC/DC and he arrived on stage on time, and performed well. 

This will be a big gig for them, and i would expect them to bring their A Game and surprise people.

I saw them at Tottenham Stadium and they have so many hits.

AM 25(50)%
Seen them twice now and their recent output doesn't really interest me muchbut would go if the majority of my group do.
GnR 0%
Early trip to SE corner sounds good that night but hoping for Prodigy or Chemical Brothers on Other.
Elton 0(50)%
Only know a few of the obvious hits but could be tempted to go if there really isn't anything on elsewhere and I don't catch a headliner on the first two nights.

Fairly uninspiring set of headliners for me but hopeful that they'll be enough closing the other main stages to take my fancy. This will be my third Glastonbury so I'm not going to complain as I've still got plenty of the site still to discover.

Arctic Monkeys 80% - Pretty dull at Leeds last year but would be happy to see them with a less aggy crowd and play the new songs (especially with strings if that rumour is true)

Guns ‘N’ Roses 0% - hope whoever goes enjoys it but only enjoy the big songs. Plus he clearly can’t sing anymore and they haven’t released music in many many years so not sure how there is demand to see them.

Elton John 50% - Not my bag at all but I imagine it would be a great show. Lots of love for him on here which actually has made me more keen to give him a go. The talk of special guests is icing on the cake too.

The Prodigy definitely clears any headline act that’s on if they’re headlining The Other Stage. Saw them at Brixton this year and were euphoric as ever. Hoping they’re against GnR.

Edited by Pr0paneNightm4re
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, theglastokid said:

Elton - He was playing small cricket grounds a few years back so not sure why some are saying it's a massive coup?

Multiple number ones in the past couple of years, massive resurgence, farewell tour extended because the shows are actually delivering (despite what some think).

5 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Arctic Monkeys 80% - Pretty dull at Leeds last year but would be happy to see them with a less aggy crowd and play the new songs (especially with strings if that rumour is true)

Guns ‘N’ Roses 0% - hope whoever goes enjoys it but only enjoy the big songs. Plus he clearly can’t sing anymore and they haven’t released music in many many years so not sure how there is demand to see them.

Elton John 50% - Not my bag at all but I imagine it would be a great show. Lots of love for him on here which actually has made me more keen to give him a go. The talk of special guests is icing on the cake too.

The Prodigy definitely clears any headline act that’s on if they’re headlining The Other Stage. Saw them at Brixton this year and were euphoric as ever. Hoping they’re against GnR.

That prodigy gig at Brixton was insane!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, topmarksbri said:

What festivals have got strong(er) set of headliners this year? Primavera is all I can think. There's just not a lot of people on tour. 

Don’t think they have either.  If you picked their 3 biggest acts are they bigger than these 3?! Doubt it

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not keen on these stale, blokey headliners - gonna go see QOTSA and The Prodigy instead.

Whilst I get the sentiment, (and I apologise if this has already been covered) surely we aren’t roping Elton in with this. Whilst gender diversity is important, I think he might be the first openly gay headliner since Michael Stipe fronted REM (unless I’ve forgot someone obvious, or just did not realise someone’s orientation and I’m sorry)

You’d have thought he was a dark fruit ladzladzladz act the way some people on here are talking about him. (Not you personally, just throwing a general point out) 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Wouldn’t be against seeing that if the pricing was reasonable.

100% not gonna be reasonable. Can’t remember what her pricing was last time she toured but I’m guessing it wasn’t cheap, and this being billed as a greatest hits tour is sure to add an extra couple of quid on top of that.