Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Jose Pose said:

Because there are four other main stages (and let’s not get into all the other smaller ones) which means if you spend three nights at the Pyramid that’s 12 other headliners you’re missing out on.

I’m not saying I’m too cool for the pyramid, I’m saying I welcome the opportunity to see a headliner at one of the many other stages, if you’re getting bent out of shape about GnR being booked then frankly the festival is wasted on you.

If anybody actively wants to spend three nights at the Pyramid, then you do you.

If you are still referring to neil … I presume you also saw the post about accessibility needs … 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

It’s absolutely mental that anyone who has been before even cares who is booked for the Pyramid, I’m happy to be drawn there by a mega act like Macca or Elton, but I’m genuinely happier when there is an act on I have no interest in.

Don't like G&R? Congratulations, you have the freedom of the best festival in the world!

Absolutely this, I'm probably more excited to see who the Park and West Holts headliners are to be honest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jose Pose said:

So what you’re saying is Neil spends all weekend at the Pyramid due to his accessibility needs? 

No but the value is reduced if you’ve seen many many big acts over the years and the pyramid has nothing on that you want to see in terms of big hitters … you can’t just scoot off to another stage like many of us are able . It’s bloody hard work physically for able bodied so that’s amplified many times over 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

No but the value is reduced if you’ve seen many many big acts over the years and the pyramid has nothing on that you want to see in terms of big hitters … you can’t just scoot off to another stage like many of us are able . It’s bloody hard work physically for able bodied so that’s amplified many times over 

If you’re in any way suggesting he might be putting his ticket back due to his disability, rather than just being stubborn and not willing to admit he’s wrong and apologise to rough bloke, then that is very, very poor form man…

Edited by Jose Pose

2 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

If you’re in any way suggesting he might be putting his ticket back due to his disability, rather than just being stubborn and not willing to admit he’s wrong and apologise to rough bloke, then that is very, very poor from man…

Did you read my post … ? How about not liking headliners and accessibility combined . I’m out 

Edited by Crazyfool01

10 hours ago, clarkete said:

Just to touch on the thread topic, there's plenty of raw meat to go over in this link, although I think they're all hats that have been thrown into or out of the ring already 

https://www.nme.com/features/music-features/biggest-gigs-tours-look-forward-to-2023-3374213

1975 secret set?

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I’d only want to see Lizzo but her, Lewis Capaldi and Guns N Roses on the one day would be a strong evening on the Pyramid. I could see Lizzo and Capaldi pulling very big crowds. I’ll guess that QOTSA are subbing Arctic Monkeys as they are at a few other festivals.

This would be good. I could see QOTSA subbing Arctic's, I think Alex and Josh are friends too. That would put The Prodigy for me on Sunday which if not Friday is ideal.

Just worth noting maybe that all 3 times even even the 4th time The Prodigy were going to play Glastonbury were either Friday or Sunday, I don't think it'll be Saturday so I'll change that.

Sam Smith who we have info on apparently, Doja Cat, The Prodigy is what I'll go for.

The Black Keys under The Prodigy makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Did you read my post … ? How about not liking headliners and accessibility combined . I’m out 

You brought it up man, you’re the one suggesting him putting his ticket back is an accessibility issue.

And what do you say to the 100k people that will be there to see GnR? Shame on you because Neil doesn’t like them and he has a disability?

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

This would be good. I could see QOTSA subbing Arctic's, I think Alex and Josh are friends too. That would put The Prodigy for me on Sunday which if not Friday is ideal.

Just worth noting maybe that all 3 times even even the 4th time The Prodigy were going to play Glastonbury were either Friday or Sunday, I don't think it'll be Saturday so I'll change that.

Sam Smith who we have info on apparently, Doja Cat, The Prodigy is what I'll go for.

Im still convinced Royal Blood are 3rd Friday so can’t see QOTSA as Friday sub

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Im still convinced Royal Blood are 3rd Friday so can’t see QOTSA as Friday sub

Maybe Royal Blood are Other subs.

edit: I know times have changed etc but they did book Arctics, Kasabian and The Fratellis after each other.

I'm pretty convinced Yje Prodigy won't be doing Other Saturday. If two of my headliners were GNR and The Prodigy that would be great for me. What if it was Arctic Monkeys, Paramore, Royal Blood and QOTSA in the rock slot?

I'm also pretty convinced Pulp are Sunday subs.

When I look back, the Friday 2013 pyramid stage below The Vaccines was awful.

Edited by thewayiam

I went to see GNR at the London Stadium a few years ago (2017/18 maybe?) and they were really tight and on form. Was honestly really impressed compared to other times in the past when they were really sloppy, late and just a mess generally.

Have they really gone that much downhill since then that most of the festival population will reject them? Surely more popular with your average joe than Metallica?

I was talking to a GnR fan who had seen them twice relatively recently, both since they'd reformed and said they were great both times. That'll do for me ,starting do get a bit excited now. "DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?" I do, Axl me old mucker, and I'm happy to be here.   

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Black Keys > Prodigy on Friday would be lovely. 

Like others, I'm not super overjoyed with the headliners but my favourite years at the festival have been one where I've stayed away from the pyramid, especially at night. 

If I can get Prodigy/Fred Again/Elton, I'd be very happy. 

19 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Absolutely this, I'm probably more excited to see who the Park and West Holts headliners are to be honest.

100%. 

I've seen about five acts on Pyramid in the last two decades. West Holts is where it's at for me. Oh, and Glade + SE Corner

I'm pleased enough with GnR, haven't seen them since they reunited and it could be fun, alternatively it could be a car crash which would also be worth watching.

Anyone crying about the headliners and threatening to send their tickets back because three out of the thousand acts playing are not to their taste need to give their heads a wobble.

This is the setlist from their last gig, cut it down to the ones in bold and I'm a very happy bunny: 

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy
Slither
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive

Better
Live and Let Die
Reckless Life

Estranged
Rocket Queen
Shadow of Your Love
You Could Be Mine
I Wanna Be Your Dog (The Stooges cover)

Absurd
Hard Skool
Civil War
Sorry
Sweet Child o' Mine
November Rain

Wichita Lineman
Whole Lotta Rosie (AC/DC cover)
Knockin' on Heaven's Door (Bob Dylan cover)
Nightrain

Encore:
Coma
Patience
Don't Cry
Paradise City

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

For me, I’m always happy to have a headliner I don’t want to watch on the pyramid, hate spending all weekend there.  

However…. There is also no better place to see a headliner so always desperate to be there at least 1.  

Completely agree, 2022 was the best set of headliners for me (pyramid) since I've been going in 2014. Having to hang around the busier area before the act. Being in the front pit is great as you have lots of people really excited but getting out can take a good chunk of time, plus I'm never camped near the stage. 

I agree with ALL of you 🤣

AM & GnR do seem a bit 'meh' in my opinion but they are definitely worthy headliners. Arctics is a bit of an obvious boring booking and I really wanted to be surprised. Saw them at Glasto 2013 and it felt like one of the most epic experiences ever, not sure they could top the way I felt in that moment, my first pyramid stage headliner experience and it was hands down one of my favourite moments ever the way it hyped me up (I wasn't even a fan before hand). I do like them but it's almost like I want that moment to stand alone forever so not sure if I'll go and see them again. I could definitely be tempted elsewhere so we'll see. 

GnR... I'm not bothered but we will have to be there because some of the songs are literally my husband's anthems. He can be a bit of a misery moany party proper (didn't take him in 2022 for that reason I went with a friend haha) so I'm at least excited that he will be excited and in a cracking mood. If it's Saturday then that's my birthday night so hopefully it'll mean he's up for staying out a bit later for raving. 

ELTON JOHN - GOTTA BE THERE!