Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

46 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

If you’re in any way suggesting he might be putting his ticket back due to his disability,

not just due to my disability, also value for money, i can get three massive acts I'm not interested in at reading festival and download festival..

2 minutes ago, mjfiddy said:

Shout out to the June 24th birthday homies! See you at 5am by the truth stage

Very lucky! I'm the 27th and had monday this year!! Not even during the festival in 2023

GNR - Lizzo - Capaldi is very impressive, not sure I'm buying it to be honest.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

The story you've just corroborated?

if i have, i haven't corroborated the ridiculous part of the story that emily went and got gnr as a replacement for Taylor swift, aging rockers  with a poor reputation are the perfect replacement.

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

As long as it’s not them against Elton … 

I think it just might be, you know. There's an element of crossover appeal between the Prodigy and GnR so I'd be surprised if they put them up against one another. Unless dates dictate otherwise, it very much looks like it's a straight shoot out between Reg and The Prodigy and for me, having needed to have made (what turned out to be) the right decision in 2009, there's no way I can miss my favourite band this time round. And what a way to bow out of my time at the Big G.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

not just due to my disability, also value for money, i can get three massive acts I'm not interested in at reading festival and download festival..

You got ninety-nine other stages and the Pyramid's one.

I feel bad for you son.

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

if i have, i haven't corroborated the ridiculous part of the story that emily went and got gnr as a replacement for Taylor swift, aging rockers  with a poor reputation are the perfect replacement.

Taylor might’ve been a very early ‘pencilled in’ kind of thing that fell through as soon as she decided to tour the states first and GnR were brought in when that became apparent. Hardly a ‘replacement’ and more just what eventually ended up happening.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

You got ninety-nine other stages and the Pyramid's one.

I feel bad for you son.

i've also got major obstacles to overcome to attend any festival that means i'll be stopping going soon-ish, so might as well dip out in a bad and expensive year.  its also got to feel worth it. glasto with those headliners doesn't.  

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Taylor might’ve been a very early ‘pencilled in’ kind of thing that fell through as soon as she decided to tour the states first and GnR were brought in when that became apparent. Hardly a ‘replacement’ and more just what eventually ended up happening.

it would be a replacement band into, a curated day's line-up for that stage.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

I'm just not seeing the value argument at all. The gigs I have booked for this year are £24, £65 and £100 for three sizes of acts. That's over half of my Glasto ticket on three bands. You'd have to actively TRY not to watch stuff at Glasto to not get good value out of it when you could see 21 without even moving from a camping chair. 

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So then would you think.

Sam Smith/Queens/ Prodigy. That would put Fred Again (if he is playing) on Saturday. Would you say that looks realistic? 

Surely it’s Prodigy v Arctics, Smith v GNR and QOTSA v Elton

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

Surely it’s Prodigy v Arctics, Smith v GNR and QOTSA v Elton

This was on the basis of thewayiam saying that Arctics wouldn't go up against a dance act.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

We'll have less of that

Can't see QOTSA going up against Arctics or GnR. The only other option I can see is them subbing Elton or Arctics, with the latter I can't see happening. 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

It's not like Emily is going say when they're announced "we couldn't get Taylor so here's GnR..." is she?

The reality is that GnR have been on the festival's radar for a while, we know this because Emily literally said as much a year or two ago. We also know that the festival have given Taylor first refusal, again Emily has said as much.

We will never know what goes on inside the booking office, none of us are that well connected, we don't know if GnR were always planned for this year or if Emily went to them after it became apparent Taylor wasn't going to be around this year. We can't say for sure one way or the other.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

i've also got major obstacles to overcome to attend any festival that means i'll be stopping going soon-ish, so might as well dip out in a bad and expensive year.  its also got to feel worth it. glasto with those headliners doesn't.  

Sorry to hear that. I’m still confident that anyone can get value from Glasto though, even if you don’t like the headliners.