The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

3 hours ago, Fla5hyboy said:

Well, I'd given up this year after 32 years of attending and failing in the sales so wasn't going to bother with the resales and retire gracefully, but managed to get a Pilton residents ticket transferred over to me yesterday , so looks like no retirement this year. 

Crafty!!  See you there then 👍🏼

8 hours ago, Fla5hyboy said:

Well, I'd given up this year after 32 years of attending and failing in the sales so wasn't going to bother with the resales and retire gracefully, but managed to get a Pilton residents ticket transferred over to me yesterday , so looks like no retirement this year. 

A ticket over the sea to Skye, brilliant! 

Many thanks for joining the Glastonbury Stewards Team 2023 your place in the team is now confirmed. Please ensure your contact, training and next of kin details are up to date within your profile.

Your memberships are:

Festival Area: Green Fields
                Team: Green Gate and Traffic

Thanks, The Glastonbury Steward Team

NOTE: Please do not reply to this email address, if you need to contact us, please go to Contact Us on the website.

Confirmed

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

Hey folks ... not sure where to post this si hope its ok to stick in here

Just had a mini panic about the resale. It's generally in April but nothing has been sent out by email so I'm hoping there's nothing to worry about but I could be wrong. Has resale happened or have I missing anything yet 😲

Has anyone received an email about it?

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That was always dubious.....sold out quicker than last year.

I don't think how quick the tickets sell out is a measure of how great the demand is for those tickets, for Glasto anyway. Demand so massively exceeds supply now so how quickly it sells out is more about the buying process than how many are trying for those tickets. So not having to key in bank details would speed up how quickly the tickets sell out. Makes it more of a lottery about who bags the golden ticket which is probably how it should be. I will be trying on Sunday in the resale, have been every year since 2005 which is probably unfair on others who lose out. If I lose out this year as its more of Lottery now then that's fine, and fair to everyone else. Its not fair that I have been so many times. Time for me to accept that the playing field might be more level now, which is only fair....... still want a couple of  f@#kin tickets on Sunday though lol!

• Like 1

I'm one of the very lucky ones tonight and thoroughly overjoyed/massively relieved. Just looking again at the message I sent to my mate it is time stamped at 18:01 which is by far the quickest I've got in (usually get thru just before it sells out).

Had no further luck but son got in a few mins later to find all locations were selectable but had no tickets to allocate.

Both were for the Thursday.

Edited by Fingerbobs
Typo

1 hour ago, musky said:

Can anyone confirm that it's now only the lead booker who receives the email to pay for the tickets, rather than giving the option for people to pay individually?

Yep, this was the case for tonight's coach tickets. I don't believe that my mate even got a confirmation email, just me as lead booker followed a little while later by the payment link.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

I'm one of the very lucky ones tonight and thoroughly overjoyed/massively relieved. Just looking again at the message I sent to my mate it is time stamped at 18:01 which is by far the quickest I've got in (usually get thru just before it sells out).

Had no further luck but son got in a few mins later to find all locations were selectable but had no tickets to allocate.

Both were for the Thursday.

I was also one of the lucky ones. I was in by 6:01, booking complete by 6:02, had the confirmation e-mail by 6:03 !

Unfortunately, like previous years, i wasn't able to stay connected to get through for any more of our group.

Hopefully have the same luck on Sunday.

Just now, nwbdtour said:

Also one of the luck ones today, my friend got me sorted by 6:04! Now if anyone has any info on Taunton coaches that would be appreciated 🤣

Luckily only 20 miles from the festival and I’d have been travelling down from the North on the Tuesday anyway.

what do you wanna know .... they depart from the bridge on Tangier way . im a taunton resident so give me a shout if you need to know more . journey is around 50mins with no traffic