The "I'm going to Glastonbury 2023" thread

Supernintendo Chalmers

8 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Got through to select a location 4 times before finally securing the tickets at 6:20. Absolutely made up, not been successful in the coach sale for years

How many of you are in the group and what location? thats super late if its a big group and very impressive!

3 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Congratulations all who succeeded tonight. Made up for you 🙌 Quick question: when it was processing your payment, did you need to approve the payment in your banking/card app or enter a one-time passcode? I’m concerned about this stage. Thought they turned it off for Glastonbury ticket sales in previous years…

I had to approve payment in my banking app… they held the tickets for 5 mins I think? I made sure the phone my banking app is on was free and not being used for tickets 

1 minute ago, k8yphillips said:

I had to approve payment in my banking app… they held the tickets for 5 mins I think? I made sure the phone my banking app is on was free and not being used for tickets 

Not sure they're actually held for those 5 mins as me and others did the same as you but got kicked out/payment not gone through.

4 minutes ago, k8yphillips said:

Thanks 🙏🏻 It’s just I’ve had a problem with my credit card app approving an online payment before, which resulted in my card being temporarily blocked. A monumental pain! Debit card it is then (assuming I get to that stage on Sunday 🤞)

13 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Congratulations all who succeeded tonight. Made up for you 🙌 Quick question: when it was processing your payment, did you need to approve the payment in your banking/card app or enter a one-time passcode? I’m concerned about this stage. Thought they turned it off for Glastonbury ticket sales in previous years…

I typically am for most/all payments but wasn't on this occasion. Not entirely sure why.

Suspect it helped mightily trying for just me, going straight for Thursday and nabbing a 5am coach, but buzzing all the same to have it in the bag.

I had nothing the first five minutes then seemed to get through all at once. Went through in Incognito and had bank issues but somehow it actually held the ticket and didn't boot me

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I typically am for most/all payments but wasn't on this occasion. Not entirely sure why.

Thanks 🙏🏻 Have looked into it a bit more. Think it might depend on your bank/card issuer and personal security settings. My credit card company say it’s “occasional” authorisation only. I’ve only had to approve online payments 2 or 3 times this year (the second one I had a problem with) and I use it regularly. 

28 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Just two of us. I was so surprised we managed so late, especially to get Wednesday travel from Liverpool of all places!

Later on it gets to the pairs, then the singles at the end. it gets pretty crazy near the end but if you keep at it you can bag tickets like you did! 🙂