2024 Headliners

On 1/23/2024 at 10:00 PM, MMMarc1720 said:

Being my first Glasto I likely coming at the headline rumours from a different space.

Iv never seen Coldplay (Went and seen the Screamadelica set over them at TITP)

Would love to see Stevie Wonder or Madonna purely as huge names.

Dont willingly listen to Dua but from radio being on at work probably know every tune she would play.

Overall I’d be happy with any the rumoured headliners. While since Blur announced Coachella I’d love to see them live again! So holding out for a swerve and they are in. 

dont worry, you are in the majority. though this forum has provided me with countless good info over the years it is slightly out of touch with modern / main stream music. add in the fact most of the regulars here have been going for 10 years + they (like myself) are way into their 2nd or 3rd rotation of headliners.  

Coldplay, Stevie and Dua is a Solid set of headliners. no better or worse than previous years. Coldplay on the pyramid is a must see if you have never seen them before (or just not seen them at glastonbury).  If its your first glastonbury, just go to the music you love and try see one act you love at least headline the pyramid. Mostly, ignore the whingers on the internet , once you get there you will realise why 🙂

Edited by TiZuff
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

dont worry, you are in the majority. though this forum has provided me with countless good info over the years it is slightly out of touch with modern / main stream music. add in the fact most of the regulars here have been going for 10 years + they (like myself) are way into their 2nd or 3rd rotation of headliners.   
 🙂

IMG_0938.gif.c119c4698636b8a99308aa128a37d5e0.gif

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

Not surprised when all they have to look at is a ferris wheel.

Don’t forget the merch stall with 100 cash registers!

1 hour ago, TiZuff said:

dont worry, you are in the majority. though this forum has provided me with countless good info over the years it is slightly out of touch with modern / main stream music. add in the fact most of the regulars here have been going for 10 years + they (like myself) are way into their 2nd or 3rd rotation of headliners.  

Coldplay, Stevie and Dua is a Solid set of headliners. no better or worse than previous years. Coldplay on the pyramid is a must see if you have never seen them before (or just not seen them at glastonbury).  If its your first glastonbury, just go to the music you love and try see one act you love at least headline the pyramid. Mostly, ignore the whingers on the internet , once you get there you will realise why 🙂

Pretty sound advice here mate

Like every online forum there will be some wild takes or opinions 😄 

Im effectively going as a Glasto Happy Clapper - A field, a sh*t load of cider, my mates and hopefully a bit sunshine. Roll on June!

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tough times to be basing your online identity around vociferous defence of Coachella

It's not a shock really. Without Blur, and I sat this due to their size here, I wouldn't expect this to be priced over £250 for a weekend ticket and that's being generous to them.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:00 PM, MMMarc1720 said:

Being my first Glasto I likely coming at the headline rumours from a different space.

Iv never seen Coldplay (Went and seen the Screamadelica set over them at TITP)

Would love to see Stevie Wonder or Madonna purely as huge names.

Dont willingly listen to Dua but from radio being on at work probably know every tune she would play.

Overall I’d be happy with any the rumoured headliners. While since Blur announced Coachella I’d love to see them live again! So holding out for a swerve and they are in. 

You just have to ignore a lot of the arguments. This forum is largely populated by the hardcore, those who go year in year out. Reality is there will be absolutely shedloads of people at Glastonbury this year who haven’t seen any of them and will be really excited. All three mooted headliners will get big crowds and probably go over really well.

Unfortunately since coming back from lockdown the festival has had to book minnows like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Guns n Roses, Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Diana Ross, Robert Plant, Sam Fender, Fred Again.., Rae, Arctic Monkeys, Lewis Capaldi, Lizzo, Blondie, Lana Del Rey and Queens of the Stone Age.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

Alongside Michael McIntyre and the entire works of Phil Jupitus, “Alt” accounts are the unfunniest thing ever created.

alt forums aren't it either.

So taking it back to Headliners chat - Billy Joel has apparently released his first single in years and various tabloids today saying he’s tipped to play Glasto - though doubt they are doing more than speculating. He’s not someone whose music I know well (too young to be a fan and not one my Dad played) - could he be in the mix for potential headliner? I’d have thought more like Legends slot except we know (I think) that’s a female. 

1 minute ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

So taking it back to Headliners chat - Billy Joel has apparently released his first single in years and various tabloids today saying he’s tipped to play Glasto - though doubt they are doing more than speculating. He’s not someone whose music I know well (too young to be a fan and not one my Dad played) - could he be in the mix for potential headliner? I’d have thought more like Legends slot except we know (I think) that’s a female. 

For me he'd be more suitable in a headline spot. But if he does ever play (in either spot), it won't be this year.

45 minutes ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Unfortunately since coming back from lockdown the festival has had to book minnows like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Guns n Roses, Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Diana Ross, Robert Plant, Sam Fender, Fred Again.., Rae, Arctic Monkeys, Lewis Capaldi, Lizzo, Blondie, Lana Del Rey and Queens of the Stone Age.

A former Beatle, the first rapper to win the Pulitzer Prize and Rocket Man? Yeah, minnows…. 🙄

1 hour ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Unfortunately since coming back from lockdown the festival has had to book minnows like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Guns n Roses, Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, Diana Ross, Robert Plant, Sam Fender, Fred Again.., Rae, Arctic Monkeys, Lewis Capaldi, Lizzo, Blondie, Lana Del Rey and Queens of the 

Yeah,,,what a f**king joke of a bunch of stella performers...