2024 Headliners

3 hours ago, robbo707 said:

Without scrolling through the pages to see if it’s already been mentioned…..are The Eagles a shout for “US based act, just heard that they’re touring” from Emily?

They've just announced a few dates in Manchester at the start of June. 

Check out the pricing thus far, that alone would seem to count them out from doing anything for a reduced fee... 

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

But … an Eagles greatest hits show on the Pyramid would be 👌 now those were the well worn records of my childhood!

Doesn't matter how many want it if the band won't play I'm afraid.  Try for Manchester tickets 😉

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Shania Twain is too young to do the legend slot.

I kind of agree but also accept that the goalposts are moving (or even have moved).

Kylie was 51 when she did it, and 32 years into her music career. By either measure, she was the "youngest" to ever do it by at least 10 years though her unique history with the festival will be a factor.

Shania would be 58, and depending on when you start counting from either 40 or 33 years into her career. (ie when she first tried, or when things started properly moving after taking a few years out). So she's somewhere in the gap between.

12 hours ago, OllieMadd said:

Interesting how it's changed here from believing nothing anyone apart from Neil says back in the day to believing literally every single post on here now 

I believe no one, even Neil got it wrong.  Others hear information in good faith I'm sure, but Chinese whispers, confusion, changes to contracts etc mean until it's released by the festival it ain't believed. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I believe no one, even Neil got it wrong.  Others hear information in good faith I'm sure, but Chinese whispers, confusion, changes to contracts etc mean until it's released by the festival it ain't believed. 

Yep. Even correct information can change. When I'm standing by my bed, reading the official poster, it's booked

25 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. Even correct information can change. When I'm standing by my bed, reading the official poster, it's booked

Tsk far too easy, one should be sceptical even in front of the stage awaiting the  arrival of an act. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Look at BST. Imagine if they'd replaced Madonna with Kings of Leon.

BST is usually good for at least enormo act a year.

Feels like there aren't as many big players around this summer, and those who are are mostly doing their own thing rather than festivals.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Look at BST. Imagine if they'd replaced Madonna with Kings of Leon.

And still (assuming the list a couple pages back is correct) by my count have 3 dates left to fill.