2024 Headliners

Just now, charlierc said:

Needs more Strokes if we're gonna say "Is This It?"

Also, unless I'm living in that obscure a way, are The Killers the only rock act on that bill?

Carly Rae Jepsen can absolutely rock if given permission to, but in a traditional sense, I'm drawing a blank.

Just now, charlierc said:

I'm absolutely out the loop with her work then, given I still think of Call Me Maybe when her name is mentioned.

Missing out, I'm telling you. Some absolutely sensational bangers in that catalogue since. Try Run Away With MeCut to the Feeling and Surrender My Heart for post-Call Me Maybe bops.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

Might just be the finish of where they are, I don't expect them at Glastonbury although I'm surprised they've taken lower than co-headline this time on a struggling year.

Fact is they’re just not very big in America - basically ‘that band who does the ‘woo-hoo’ song’ to most people. Damon must’ve enjoyed subbing with Gorillaz in ‘22.

1 minute ago, danbailey80 said:

That said, it will be loved by the average America 18-25 year old and will sell out. So job done.

That's the thing, isn't it? Coachella's target audience is clearly the 18-25 demographic and that's the model they generally stick to every year. Outside of that range and they're probably not putting on a weekend for you. They don't want 40-somethings like me coming in and ruining the aesthetic. Probably the polar opposite to Glastonbury where there's a conscious effort to cater for everyone and the main reason why the two festivals can no longer be compared. 

All that said, there's lots on the undercard for me. Yes to Blur, Justice, Grimes, Brittany Howard, Adriatique, Deftones, Skream & Benga, Purple Disco Machine, Dettmann, CdW, Folamour, Barry Can't Swim. Actually, the electronic side of the festival is quite strong, to be fair. 

It ain't $600 strong...but those cash registers are tempting...

• Upvote 1

Different strokes for different folks. I think that is a really good coachella lineup to be honest, lots I would see there.

Justice,  jungle, young  fathers, jockstrap, bicep,Skream, benga,  Barry can't swim,  last dinner party, black country new road,  no doubt,  lana del rey,  blur, Tyler, doja cat,  the Japanese House, deftones, the beths, grimes, the drums, orbital, bar italia, blessed Madonna, mandy,indiana, oneohtrix point never.

Also, nearly all those people have played glasto before. 

• Upvote 1