2024 Headliners

19 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

....Seems to imply one female headliner booked (Dua Lipa probably) and hoping for one more to be booked (Possible is/was Madonna), and best guess for Legend is Cher.

I don’t think Cher would agree to play the legends slot if Madonna is headlining the same day. They famously do not get along & I can’t see Cher’s ego letting her play below Madonna. 

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's certainly more time I thought we'd get for Muse in this thread tbf, given I haven't seen any signs they're planning to go on tour in 2024.

I don't think anyone is actually saying Muse are a serious possibility. I was just saying how much better their current shows are now compared to last time they headlined.

20 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

....Seems to imply one female headliner booked (Dua Lipa probably) and hoping for one more to be booked (Possible is/was Madonna), and best guess for Legend is Cher.

I still reckon Emily counts legend as a headliner so it's Dua + female legend + two non-female headliners.

19 minutes ago, mouserat said:

I still reckon Emily counts legend as a headliner so it's Dua + female legend + two non-female headliners.

That’s how I see it. Certainly nothing in there that says two Female headliners+female legend.

The ‘big American act’ could be pretty much anybody. It could be Olivia Rodrigo (just because her tour dates have a gap doesn’t mean anything was booked ages ago), Imagine Dragons, Drake, anyone. It may not be anybody everyone on here will perceive as huge but Emily is delighted about.

28 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

That’s how I see it. Certainly nothing in there that says two Female headliners+female legend.

The ‘big American act’ could be pretty much anybody. It could be Olivia Rodrigo (just because her tour dates have a gap doesn’t mean anything was booked ages ago), Imagine Dragons, Drake, anyone. It may not be anybody everyone on here will perceive as huge but Emily is delighted about.

I don't think so, O-Rod's tour dates came out ages ago so they won't have suddenly become available.

Drake is Canadian and there's no way Emily is bigging up a booking of Imagine Dragons like that on the radio.

I'd say it was either Madonna, or Stevie W (if Madonna had already fallen through by this point).

21 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

To refresh our memories of what was said in October:

Glastonbury Festival organiser Emily Eavis has said she has recently been offered a "really big American artist" who she hopes will headline next year.

She didn't reveal their identity, but told BBC podcast Sidetracked she is aiming to book two female headliners.

Next year's "legend slot", effectively a fourth headliner - has already been filled by a female act, she revealed.

8 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I don't think so, O-Rod's tour dates came out ages ago so they won't have suddenly become available.

Drake is Canadian and there's no way Emily is bigging up a booking of Imagine Dragons like that on the radio.

I'd say it was either Madonna, or Stevie W (if Madonna had already fallen through by this point).

A "really big American artist" - do we think this 100% rules out Drake (who I don't think she was talking about anyway) and Rihanna (who I still think is a possibility)?  

I know the eFests community is well aware that Drake is Canadian and Rihanna is Bajan - but when Emily goes on the radio and talks about a US artist, most people would see at least Rihanna as that, surely?

I agree. In my opinion, Rihanna is a possibility. She may not be ‘American’ but she’s based in the States. Along with her team. Emily wouldn’t say ‘big Bajan artist’ as that would simply give it away. Booking Rihanna would be huge deal since she’s been out of the game for 8 years and has arguably the best pop catalogue in the past 20 years. 

47 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Just because Rodrigo’s dates were out there doesn’t mean there’d been any kind of contact with Glastonbury until recently. I was just pulling other names out of the air but ID are big and haven’t played before.

My point stands, ‘American’ and ‘big’ means an awful lot of acts. 

22 minutes ago, EthelBailey said:

I agree. In my opinion, Rihanna is a possibility. She may not be ‘American’ but she’s based in the States. Along with her team. Emily wouldn’t say ‘big Bajan artist’ as that would simply give it away. Booking Rihanna would be huge deal since she’s been out of the game for 8 years and has arguably the best pop catalogue in the past 20 years. 

I highly doubt given theres no past history with her they could get her on her first tour back after so long.

She'll do stadiums, glasto maybe next year or the year after even

1 hour ago, mouserat said:

I agree with you. Doesn't rule out the fact that the "big American artist" could be female.

Think Emily's two female statement is quite old isn't it so circumstances well may have changed since and we may have more - we may even have less, who knows? All speculation at the moment.

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

It's the National

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I highly doubt given theres no past history with her they could get her on her first tour back after so long.

She'll do stadiums, glasto maybe next year or the year after even

Wasn't she struggling to sell stadium gigs last time?

Her Superbowl show honked to high heaven too. Call me old fashioned but I like it when they actually sing.