2024 Headliners

3 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

It would be huuuugely funny to see loads of people excited about Gaga headlining, expecting big production and loads of dancers, all manner of pop type hits - and it ends up a jazz swing dirge for two hours 😄

Two hours of waiting for Tony Bennett only to remember he died this year.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Or maybe do a churnup spot 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Possibly, although I'm not sure what benefit that would serve given they've already done a high profile 'secret' slot, headlined the Pyramid and guested with another headliner within the last four festivals.

Sometimes a gap is just a gap.

Only one way that makes sense...Hot Fuss

14 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Joker 2 is out October next year, so would imagine Gaga is keeping that time free for late reshoots and whatnot.

Can't imagine she'll be putting a full show together on top of that. 

Much like Madge, some people think these shows can be put together in a few weeks. Like some punk band piling into the back of a Transit.

I am a massive Killers fans so if they played headliner (or any other set) im going to be right at the front grinning from ear to ear.  I think they proved alot of people wrong with their 2019 performance and think the general consensus it was great 

But by 2024 it'll only be 3 festivals ago they headlined. Way too short in my opinion (tbh I even think a secret set is too early for them). 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

I still am. 

But not for the reasons the Daily Sieg Heil say. They seem to think she would be doing the legends slot.

Also after the Prince shambles, Glasto keep things very tight to their chests. 

info always seems to leak , thats the nature of things these days last year all the headliners and this year most have been worked out / known early and this has happened in the past too. Just too many ways the info can get out despite best efforts of Glastonbury HQ 

4 hours ago, aj6658 said:

I am a massive Killers fans so if they played headliner (or any other set) im going to be right at the front grinning from ear to ear.  I think they proved alot of people wrong with their 2019 performance and think the general consensus it was great 

But by 2024 it'll only be 3 festivals ago they headlined. Way too short in my opinion (tbh I even think a secret set is too early for them). 

I also think what you've posted .....however, I just posted this in the killers thread....https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-killers-brandon-flowers-interview-rebel-diamonds-tour-new-album-solo-band-hot-fuss-3560425

Maybe you could pop up at Glastonbury again?

“Yeah, sure!”

It looks more definite than it probably really is, but it has to at least be possible based on his answer.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

8 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I still think it's far too early for O Rod, she needs another album under her belt and I actually thought her Other stage performance was average. Understand they've got their hands tied a little and time running out but i'm sure they can pull in someone a little better than O Rod.

if you thought her performance was average no matter how many fantastic albums she puts out you wont want her headlining. 

thought she was excellent on the other stage and 2 top tier albums are good enough to headline. billie did, o rod can do it.

also she gets glastonbury. check her vogue interview i think it was, she loved it and clearly has a soft spot for the festival.

Edited by TiZuff
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 12:27 AM, clarkete said:

It was a truly awful clash, but you can't judge anything about the chic set other than what it was like in the field and it was the biggest party I've ever been in there and I've seen a lot of great sets there. 

Oh absolutely. Everyone I know who went (including massive Portishead fans who just happened to be a little, umm, "refreshed") did not regret it. That was a proper celebration of life. I thought 2017 was magnificent (I loved it there) but the energy in the West Holts field in 2013 seemed off the chart!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I also think what you've posted .....however, I just posted this in the killers thread....https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-killers-brandon-flowers-interview-rebel-diamonds-tour-new-album-solo-band-hot-fuss-3560425

“Yeah, sure!”

It looks more definite than it probably really is, but it has to at least be possible based on his answer.

I wouldn’t read anything into it. He’s hardly likely to say “no, never”

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

“Yeah, sure!”

I'd say it's now ever so slightly more than 50% likely that they turn up and do a Hot Fuss show.

This country gave The Killers their big break by falling in love with Hot Fuss. In that interview, Brandon said that they're doing Hot Fuss shows, and there is also a GSH in their touring schedule. What better place to play tribute to one of the most significant albums of the last 20 years in British guitar music (I know they're American, but they are adopted Brits) than at the biggest festival in The UK - Which also happens to be broadcast to every TV in the country.

This is a guaranteed way to make sure everybody has a chance to see the album played live.

I'd be well on board for this.

34 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I'd say it's now ever so slightly more than 50% likely that they turn up and do a Hot Fuss show.

This country gave The Killers their big break by falling in love with Hot Fuss. In that interview, Brandon said that they're doing Hot Fuss shows, and there is also a GSH in their touring schedule. What better place to play tribute to one of the most significant albums of the last 20 years in British guitar music (I know they're American, but they are adopted Brits) than at the biggest festival in The UK - Which also happens to be broadcast to every TV in the country.

This is a guaranteed way to make sure everybody has a chance to see the album played live.

Has anyone done anniversary show like the one you're thinking of at Glastonbury ? They got so many hits outside of HF (When you were young, Read my mind, runaways, The Man) and in a setting like Glastonbury that has to appeal to a wide demographic, it just feels a bit weird 

54 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Hot Fuss in full as an opener - say, Other or even El Pointo - could be pretty cool, then as the album is 46 mins long, and adding a few mins for guitar changes and crowd banter, gives time for 3 other classics to wrap up (maybe Human, WYWY and one other)

Edited by charlierc