2024 Headliners

For my two pence worth i am going to Say Emily will be going back on her promise of 2 female headliners, Madonna just hasn't worked out and the American Superstar she couldn't turn down is Eminem

Friday - Dua Lipa

Saturday - Foo Fighters

Sunday - Eminem

Coldplay to play a 'secret' set and headline 2025 along with Rhianna and Taylor Swift

Pulp, smashing pumpkins, Wet Leg - to be either subs or Other Stage Headliners

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

My bee is very happy that he saw Brandon and the lads deliver a show for the ages.

I had the time of my life watching Brandon and the lads that night.

According to my friends. 

Sadly, I got totally off my box in the SEC all night afterwards and have no memory of it whatsoever. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Muse Killers and Coldplay must be in with a shout for the blandest combo possible

Muse & The Killers are two of my favourites but I think in this moment in time, it's one from 3 of those bands rather than all at once. Probably throw AM in that cachet as well of "guitar bands that broke through in the 2000s"

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rhubarb said:

For my two pence worth i am going to Say Emily will be going back on her promise of 2 female headliners, Madonna just hasn't worked out and the American Superstar she couldn't turn down is Eminem

Friday - Dua Lipa

Saturday - Foo Fighters

Sunday - Eminem

Coldplay to play a 'secret' set and headline 2025 along with Rhianna and Taylor Swift

Pulp, smashing pumpkins, Wet Leg - to be either subs or Other Stage Headliners

It won't be Foos. They're not doing shows on back-to-back days on this tour, and they are confirmed for a show in Birmingham on the 27th and at a festival in France on either the 29th or 30th.

8 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It won't be Foos. They're not doing shows on back-to-back days on this tour, and they are confirmed for a show in Birmingham on the 27th and at a festival in France on either the 29th or 30th.

Also Smashing Pumpkins are out - gigs Friday and Sunday in Luxembourg and Belgium

31 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Muse & The Killers are two of my favourites but I think in this moment in time, it's one from 3 of those bands rather than all at once. Probably throw AM in that cachet as well of "guitar bands that broke through in the 2000s"

Yeah I think AM definitely fall into that category but hopefully won't be booked again next year. All those acts generally put on an epic show, it's just devoid of that one off glasto moment magic (e.g. elton, stevie wonder, rolling stones) when it's already happened 3+ times before. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Muse, The Killers and Coldplay headlining.

Franz Ferdinand, The Kooks and Kaiser Chiefs subbing.

The Eavii throwing in the towel immediatelu afterwards as they know they'd never top it.

Matt Bellamy, Brandon Flowers, Chris Martin, Dave Grohl with Zak Starkey on drums ,bring back the great days of the Supergroup. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Muse, The Killers and Coldplay headlining.

Franz Ferdinand, The Kooks and Kaiser Chiefs subbing.

The Eavii throwing in the towel immediatelu afterwards as they know they'd never top it.

Thought I was back in the victorious thread for a sec then 😂

52 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Is there any info on Muse. Will they be touring in the summer??

22 minutes ago, MK1 said:

Is there any info on Muse. Will they be touring in the summer??

I haven't seen anything yet.

Usually they do a few one-off shows in years after the main tour (a la 2011, 2014, 2017/18) so I presume they'll do a couple of shows here & there. I'd be up for a by-request date like SBE 2017 before they did Reading/Leeds that year (though am aware it would probably be at least £125 a ticket).

44 minutes ago, tomf3 said:

Yeah I think AM definitely fall into that category but hopefully won't be booked again next year. All those acts generally put on an epic show, it's just devoid of that one off glasto moment magic (e.g. elton, stevie wonder, rolling stones) when it's already happened 3+ times before. 

AM will probably be on break for a bit tbf. Though even then it's doubtful they'd be back to the farm so soon. But yeah AM & Muse are on 3 each and Killers twice, so I can see why you'd want more. Even if Werchter just merrily book them all the time.

In fairness Coldplay have headlined it 4 times so I guess that's why I'd find that a bit "Seen it before". I'm not the biggest Coldplay fan so I presume others will be more on it than I.

3 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I don’t know. But next year would be 20 years since their epic first headline performance on the absolution tour and I would be ok if they turned up and recreated that.

An Absolution-in-full show is on the Muse fan wishlist in their fan circles. Seems like only Origin of Symmetry gets that treatment, mind.

The Killers are easily in my top 5 favourite bands of all time, but they absolutely should not be headlining next year. I think that they'll be back one day, but honestly I'd say give it 15 years, and return for a nostalgia set.

That being said, get them on a secret set again, playing lesser known tracks? Sign me the f**k up.

4 hours ago, charlierc said:

An Absolution-in-full show is on the Muse fan wishlist in their fan circles. Seems like only Origin of Symmetry gets that treatment, mind.

I would travel anywhere to see Absolution in full. 

It was amazing to see Butterflies and Hurricanes in Manchester a few weeks ago.

To be fair the Will of the People album songs sounded brilliant live, it was a really good show 

Edited by efcfanwirral

11 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm definitely going to get this vinyl despite the clear omissions, though there is a 4 LP limited edition "coming soon" on their store so might go for that if it brings in a few lesser played favourites, Change Your mind etc. I've generally liked their singles primarily so will be a good album for me. Not sure I need to see them live again though

Aye, they could definitely double up to forty and cover a lot of bases. Famously one of the handful of fans who thinks Battle Born has some very robust material. You go back and look at the title track as a show closer in live footage, and you can only assume - as Flowers has mentioned before - that much of the material there falls into the category he is embarrassed about. (Think he's on record stating he doesn't like Here With Me and a few others from that era, so I imagine the title track is one too, given its grandiosity.)

I dug a lot of the lesser-spotted Imploding the Mirage material. My God, with Weyes Blood, absolutely blows Dying Breed out of the water.

10 hours ago, swillis89 said:

It is 100% not them, but rumours are that the 2024 tour is a Hot Fuss 20th anniversary tour

Oh, really? Interesting. They've done album celebrations before, but given his comments about being more in touch with his Pressure Machine self than the work of old, I'm a little surprised. Then again, money talks.

Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Mr. Brightside
Smile Like You Mean It
Somebody Told Me
All These Things That I've Done
Andy, You're A Star
On Top
Change Your Mind
Believe Me Natalie
10 Midnight Show
11 Everything Will Be Alright

12 Human
13 Spaceman
14 Shot at the Night
15 Glamorous Indie Rock & Roll
16 Runaways
17 Read My Mind
18 Caution
19 The Man
20 When You Were Young

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Could the unexpected American be Beyoncé? She’s just finished her hugely successful renaissance tour and would be absolutely iconic. Hasn’t been at Glastonbury for about a decade.

She couldnt do a lot of that show on the pyramid.

and finally somebody made these ads not make it impossible to read this website.