2024 Headliners

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Needed a deep dive.

The news has cheered me up though, I can't think of much worse than a couple of helmets with auto tuned shite on a USB.

Homework is much more funky, acidy and enjoyable than their later, more autotune type nonsenses. It gets a reasonably regular airing at Balti Towers and is quite recommended 👍 an excellent driving album

15 minutes ago, Havors said:

You misunderstand me sorry, all I was saying was whether you, or I for that matter, think its worth the money is irrelevant to point at hand. If Live Nation want to pay it they will. 

I don't disagree, I think she is more likely to not do any festivals and just do stadiums. But more likely to do a LN festival than Glasto, as she already has the deal with them. (I would hope she did Glasto over Madge for my own enjoyment). 

If they want to pay yes they will - obviously, its their money and their choice

My point is that i don't think that its worth it - nor do i think they would think its worth it

really not that hard to comprehend

image.png.155cea0afa427934994ccd02560ef797.png

as i said on Monday morning lol

Edited by gfa

Now I know there are some members on this forum that shout anyone who questions the likleyhood of Dua Lipa headlining next year down instantly (she doesnt love you sorry) 

But for me she is edging towards being ruled out.   She is now a big deal and her next tour is likely to be in some large venues.  These are normally (implied that not always but most of the time)  are aranged a long time in advance. I feel that we would be expecting to hear on her tour news iminantly and there does not seem to be any stiring from her camp (that anyone shared here anywear) 

She seems to be taking an absolute age on her latest album and the last update was simply that it would be released next year could be September for all we know!!! 

This is no part questioning if she is big enough act to headline (she definitly is)  but just questioning if she is still in the running for Glastonbury 24

Personally I think if there is not some news in the next month or so I think it might be time to to rule her out.

I would add if she is ruled out for 24 - that probably makes her one of the imediate favourites for 25

3 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Now I know there are some members on this forum that shout anyone who questions the likleyhood of Dua Lipa headlining next year down instantly (she doesnt love you sorry) 

But for me she is edging towards being ruled out.   She is now a big deal and her next tour is likely to be in some large venues.  These are normally (implied that not always but most of the time)  are aranged a long time in advance. I feel that we would be expecting to hear on her tour news iminantly and there does not seem to be any stiring from her camp (that anyone shared here anywear) 

She seems to be taking an absolute age on her latest album and the last update was simply that it would be released next year could be September for all we know!!! 

This is no part questioning if she is big enough act to headline (she definitly is)  but just questioning if she is still in the running for Glastonbury 24

Personally I think if there is not some news in the next month or so I think it might be time to to rule her out.

I would add if she is ruled out for 24 - that probably makes her one of the imediate favourites for 25

She literally just did the “clear the instagram history and post a comeback shot” thing last week

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyTttGXMn58/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I thought her absence from Eltons set made her more likely for next year than the year after .... surely she would have guested with him otherwise 

Yip. Seems a sensible thesis.

3 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

That was two weeks ago, has she followed it up with anything?

Nope ' but that doesn't mean it's not gonna happen any day now.

28 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

At this stage we're all just guessing, no one should shout anyone's guess down!

I still feel that she's at > 90% though. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-2024-headliners-emily-eavis-b2435986.html

New interview from Emily with a bit of talk about next years headliners:

“2024 is still a little up in the air,” she told Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw on Thursday’s episode of their podcast, Sidetracked with Annie and Nick. 

“And I thought it was kind of taking shape and then last week I just got a call, and this is what happens if you wait a little longer, because quite often we’ll be booked up from July. This year we’re holding out for a little bit longer and last week I got a call from a really big American artist saying this person’s around next year, and I was like, ‘Oh my God, this is incredible.’ Thank God we held the slot.”

Not giving too much away, although the realist in me says that phone call is Pink rather than Madonna who they presumably would’ve been in talks with long before last week…

Also female legend confirmed.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I’m listening to the podcast now (Sidetracked with Annie & Nick)

Emily has said they have held out longer than usual to book next years headliners. She said it will become clear why they’ve done that once the headliners are announced.

Also interestingly said: 

“Sometimes we do something before Christmas….What I’m really hoping for is to just announce the full line up at the beginning of the year”

Edited by Owen4567

5 minutes ago, Owen4567 said:

I’m listening to the podcast now (Sidetracked with Annie & Nick)

Emily has said they have held out longer than usual to book next years headliners. She said it will become clear why they’ve done that once the headliners are announced.

Hmm now with that I’m maybe back on the Madonna train as surely she’s the only semi-realistic act they’d be holding out for like that. 

7 minutes ago, Owen4567 said:

“Sometimes we do something before Christmas….What I’m really hoping for is to just announce the full line up at the beginning of the year”

Goddamnit, although it would be exciting to get it all at once, I do love our usual getting the legend and/or one headliner to really get the excitement going. 

On 10/15/2023 at 11:27 AM, Crazyfool01 said:

Greatest of respect neil people on here want to get excited over the festival next year , who was right or wrong in the g n r episode is in the past now . You’ve made it pretty clear you don’t like or think maddona should appear near year which is fair and enough .but what I hope you realise is that @eFestivals is building his business now and another 6 months of the same negativity over the next headliner helps no one least of all this website . 

cos your post is none of that.

• Downvote 6

It could be Pink she’s referring too and she doesn’t so no to Madonna as they are still hoping she’s the third headliner. 

Not ruling Madonna out is significant. Either she’s the big American artist or she’s still in talks.

also Pink is a massive American artist and although Madonna is American I’ve always considered her more a mixture if you know what I mean. Houses in UK, Italian blood etc. pink is definitely just American. 

Edited by danbailey80

Just now, danbailey80 said:

It could be Pink she’s referring too and she doesn’t so no to Madonna as they are still hoping she’s the third headliner. 

Not ruling Madonna out is significant. Either she’s the big American artist or she’s still in talks.

also Pink is a massive American artist and although Madonna is American I’ve always considered her more a mixture of you know what I mean. Houses in UK, Italian blood etc. pink is definitely just American 

Nobody is out here saying ‘Italian American artist Madonna’. 

Gonna revise my thoughts and say I think Emily is 100% talking about Madonna here. Makes sense that she’d be an act they’d be leaving a slot open for which is definitely not something I think they’d be doing for Pink. Sounds like they’ve held that headliner slot open hoping Madonna would get back to them and bam, the call came in and it’s sorted. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1