2024 Headliners

21 hours ago, Mark H said:

Has anyone considered whether Foals are big enough to headline? Would love to see some analysis on that.

Just when i thought I was out.... they pull me back in!

OP, There's pages of this stuff on these boards, I don't think any other subject has been analysed as much.

Short answer is no, they're not big enough.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Just when i thought I was out.... they pull me back in!

OP, There's pages of this stuff on these boards, I don't think any other subject has been analysed as much.

Short answer is no, they're not big enough.

I know, I lived through Foalsgate on here in 2022 😝 that post was a just a cheeky attempt to move the conversation on from whinging about GnR by throwing the board back into darkness. Some people just like to watch the world burn.

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I know, I lived through Foalsgate on here in 2022 😝 that post was a just a cheeky attempt to move the conversation on from whinging about GnR by throwing the board back into darkness. Some people just like to watch the world burn.

shush .... the jokes might be poor but I think we moved on 🙂 

Thought I'd read everything on here until someone describing Coldplay a few pages back as avant garde! 

Madonna would be a demonstrably huge booking but can't see it for the reasons already mentioned. 

Dua, Coldplay and the third yet to be booked is my guess. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dave or Depeche Mode are on a possibles list but they're actively trying to book another female at this time.

Edit: or Pulp will get a bump.

Edited by Joey Peeps

48 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

Thought I'd read everything on here until someone describing Coldplay a few pages back as avant garde! 

Madonna would be a demonstrably huge booking but can't see it for the reasons already mentioned. 

Dua, Coldplay and the third yet to be booked is my guess. Wouldn't be surprised if someone like Dave or Depeche Mode are on a possibles list but they're actively trying to book another female at this time.

Edit: or Pulp will get a bump.

New album. IDLES Sunday night.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah. Can see them topping Woodsies for sure but no way are they headlining Other. Feel like they’ve plateaued rather than continuing to rise up lineups.  

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Woosies yes, Other stage not a chance.

Yeah, you maybe right. We'll see, they're as popular as a few artists and bands they've put on there over the years. It would be ambitious, but I'm all for more smaller or up and coming acts getting that slot. 

• Like 1

Just back from Madonna, whilst the production and staging were amazing it felt a little lost at times. Some of the arrangements of the songs was quite poor and it got a little bogged down. 

credit to the stage crew they were dismantling the stage within seconds of the house lights being turned on. 

On 10/17/2023 at 4:21 PM, incident said:

Yep.

I reckon they easily outdrew Kendrick, and possibly Billie Eilish as well.

Cool. I didn’t go to either of them but Pet Shop Boys crowd against Kendrick was massive. 

GNR was a win in my eyes. A huge stadium rock band and a good change for the festival.

2 hours ago, Superscally said:

This album is sending them big. New single is off the chain good.

Nah. They stumbled with Ultra Mono and brought it back a bit with Crawler, but I can’t see how they’re gonna ascend any further than they have, and this new single doesn’t scream ‘bold new push’ to me - it just sounds like pretty much every other post-punk band who dabbled with a electronic/disco edge, aka almost all of them. Woodsies headliner seems perfect for them. 

Edited by FloorFiller