2024 Headliners

30 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I could see a scenario where he fancies himself emulating what the Churnups did this year with a big Pyramid Stage 1 hour 'secret set'

Imagine the joy of turning up to a secret set, all the rumours and excitement, will it be x! could it be y?

and f**king Sheeran walks out with his daft grin and his manky little guitar and foot pedal, about to destroy your ears for an hour 😑 

37 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Liam’s added another Manc date on the Friday so the chances of a secret set have reduced by a third.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Glastonbury booked him to headline next year. That's a massive sell and we aren't just talking Northern dates there. That's 200k just as a ball park figure sold in minutes with £85 standing and upto the £107 mark for seating?

I think the chances of him being there now are almost zero. He won't be playing like a 3rd down on Sunday guest slot and that is about all he could get which goes against he's not doing it.

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I doubt they'd book him to headline when his arm could easily be twisted into doing a secret set

Yeah he strikes me as the textbook definition of 'standby headliner in case of a problem, if not have a secret set'. Imagine his show takes very little to get set up given it's just him, a guitar and a loop pedal.

Whether he would be an exciting enough draw for a secret set is another thing but there's no denying his popularity. 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Imagine the joy of turning up to a secret set, all the rumours and excitement, will it be x! could it be y?

and f**king Sheeran walks out with his daft grin and his manky little guitar and foot pedal, about to destroy your ears for an hour 😑 

Tbf Foo Fighters didn't do a very good job of keeping that secret. So chances are people will probably know it's Ed Sheeran at least a day beforehand.

1 minute ago, Starscreenbass said:

What are the chances that this year could be an all Female Headliner? Dua Lipa Friday, Madonna Saturday, Taylor Swift Sunday? x

Not in that configuration. An all-female headline grouping is something I would like to see, but Taylor Swift is playing Dublin on all 3 Glasto days.

17 minutes ago, Starscreenbass said:

What are the chances that this year could be an all Female Headliner? Dua Lipa Friday, Madonna Saturday, Taylor Swift Sunday? x

Obviously Swift is out.  But Rihanna still could be possibility.  I read that she was meant to be announcing a European tour for 24, but nothing seems to have materialised.   

When Emily Eavis said one headliner who is a first timer is already booked she was the name I thought of but it's gone a bit quiet. 

Still low odds on her with bookies but doesn't mean anything. 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Glastonbury booked him to headline next year. That's a massive sell and we aren't just talking Northern dates there. That's 200k just as a ball park figure sold in minutes with £85 standing and upto the £107 mark for seating?

I think the chances of him being there now are almost zero. He won't be playing like a 3rd down on Sunday guest slot and that is about all he could get which goes against he's not doing it.

First paragraph says you wouldn't be surprised if LG was booked to headlined then you said theres no chance he's booked lol

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Obviously Swift is out.  But Rihanna still could be possibility.  I read that she was meant to be announcing a European tour for 24, but nothing seems to have materialised.   

When Emily Eavis said one headliner who is a first timer is already booked she was the name I thought of but it's gone a bit quiet. 

Still low odds on her with bookies but doesn't mean anything. 

didn't rihanna just have a baby pretty recently - think shes unlikely

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

First paragraph says you wouldn't be surprised if LG was booked to headlined then you said theres no chance he's booked lol

didn't rihanna just have a baby pretty recently - think shes unlikely

Yes she did but that was the reason she was replaced by GnR last year.  I wondered if they just negotiated to put it back a year.

Nothing concrete but I do t think it can be written of as a possibility.  

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/rihanna-forced-pull-out-glastonbury-8336816

Edited by Ben7amin_

First forum foray of 2024.

The names being discussed excite me for a variety of reasons.

Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia show screamed future headliner if the follow up album delivered and with Kevin Parker involved I expect it to do just that.

Madonna I’d never pay to see myself but would likely watch at Pyramid.

Coldplay always deliver and latest tour was a hoot.

AC/DC or RATM would be a great outside bet for me.

1975 arguably the best British pop band of recent years and it’s only a matter of time.

45 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Green day played nookie in full last night then teased an upcoming tour

https://x.com/greenday/status/1715258064029487475?s=46&t=VvYL0JS_mqmhdmqsju0MxA 

The idiot part of me wondered if this might mean Green Day for 2025 as Smashing Pumpkins already have their 2024 UK commitments with Weezer. But as these were at GD's club show in Vegas ahead of the big emo/pop-punk fest this weekend, that might just be a GD font.

Reads more like they'll be doing UK stadium dates in 2024 rather than venturing Glasto way.

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The idiot part of me wondered if this might mean Green Day for 2025 as Smashing Pumpkins already have their 2024 UK commitments with Weezer. But as these were at GD's club show in Vegas ahead of the big emo/pop-punk fest this weekend, that might just be a GD font.

Reads more like they'll be doing UK stadium dates in 2024 rather than venturing Glasto way.

I think they will do Reading in 25 after their stadium tour.

46 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yes she did but that was the reason she was replaced by GnR last year.  I wondered if they just negotiated to put it back a year.

Nothing concrete but I do t think it can be written of as a possibility.  

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/rihanna-forced-pull-out-glastonbury-8336816

GnR replaced Rihanna? Where did you get that from? 

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

I included the link to the source in my comment  

So you did, sorry! I just noticed that! Somerset Live not a good source though, think they do their research on these forums!

1 minute ago, stuie said:

So you did, sorry! I just noticed that! Somerset Live not a good source though, think they do their research on these forums!

I think they quote the  daily m*il & Guardian as there source. 

Emily Eavis did say (in the guardian interview about headliners) they had to book GnR as a replacement act for a female solo artist who's touring plans changed... dont think given the pregnancy it would be too outrageous for that to have been Rihanna. 

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think they quote the  daily m*il & Guardian as there source. 

Emily Eavis did say (in the guardian interview about headliners) they had to book GnR as a replacement act for a female solo artist who's touring plans changed... dont think given the pregnancy it would be too outrageous for that to have been Rihanna. 

most people seemed to assume emily was referencing taylor swift.