2024 Headliners

On 9/30/2023 at 12:04 AM, Knowlesy92 said:

Swift, styles, aerosmith

Idles will be an Otherstage headliner

Have wanted to see Idles for a while now but never managed to catch them anywhere, would be great if they made an appearance at Glasto next year. Taylor Swift has been ruled out given her tour dates

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The video was retweeted by gigsandtours, so I'll be surprised if there isn't a tour

They're absolute monsters with some serious energy. They're one of very few bands I've got left to see in my all time list. My brother saw their Berlin gig last year and said it was arguably the best show he'd ever seen. 

They would absolutely piss a Pyramid slot. It would be iconic.

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not questioning whether they'd be good live, never seen them and never will, but their music is dull as dishwater.

they are not a band I routinely listen to, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Live however from what I remember is a different kettle of fish.

I was right into them around when American Idiot came out, now I can barely listen to them at all, save for that album.

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Not questioning whether they'd be good live, never seen them and never will, but their music is dull as dishwater.

Never seen Green Day music described as dull, certainly doesn't appear to come across that way live with the crowd going crazy. All subjective, of course!

18 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Saw them play that tour  at MIlton Keynes Bowl. That was a hot day. But they were great. 

I saw them at Reading Festival just before AI came out, then at Hammersmith Apollo.

Best seats I've ever had for a gig at the Apollo that, 2nd row in the centre. 

I'd be well up for GD headlining Glasto, would be something different but meet all the criteria, established artist, have the back catalogue, and also a 'new' headliner which would be good.

• Upvote 1

I wouldnt ever choose to listen to Green Day, don't own any of their albums, and its a genre in which i have little to no interest.

BUT

an ex-g/f dragged me to see them about four or five years ago and they are bloody great live, to be fair to em. They'd smash a pyramid spot to bits and win over a hell of a lot of waverers. 

3 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Friend at work says Usher is announcing a tour for next year. Where might he be placed if he ever played Glasto?

Would guess at either 4pmish on the pyramid, or headlining West Holts - id prefer the former cos he'd be much easier to avoid

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Friend at work says Usher is announcing a tour for next year. Where might he be placed if he ever played Glasto?

I don't think he could be agreed with on a slot. 3rd pyramid probably but he's doing the superbowl / headlines fests in the US so seems unlikely he'd agree.

I wonder how much Glastonbury offered them. John Giddings made that little comment about IOW managing to get them over Glastonbury in 2015 because they paid up so I wonder how much that was and far out Glastonbury was. Seems like a real missed opportunity… but then there’s every chance they wanted some insane amount that Glastonbury was never gonna be able to meet. 

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I wonder how much Glastonbury offered them. John Giddings made that little comment about IOW managing to get them over Glastonbury in 2015 because they paid up so I wonder how much that was and far out Glastonbury was. Seems like a real missed opportunity… but then there’s every chance they wanted some insane amount that Glastonbury was never gonna be able to meet. 

Wasn't the rumour(s) 🤪that Mick was up for it but the rest wanted more cash?

4 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Hardly surprising. Stevie Nicks legend slot is the closest we'll get.

Indeed. 

But it would have to coincide with her tour at that moment. I can't see her changing her yearly plans for an afternoon slot.

But she used to share her tour time with FMac and that's not happening now so this year is as good a chance as any.