2024 Headliners

19 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The Eavii should pull the trigger.

They really shouldn't, no need for that drivel

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Then you cant have Harry Styles headline because he was in One Direction who were a manufactured boy band. Or exceptions are made due to the origin of said manufacturing. 

No thanks 

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Harry Styles sold about a 30 stadium dates here vs BTS selling like 2 at wembley a few years back to an audience who doesn't go to glasto

more chance of bad bunny playing

15 over two years although I'm sure the 30 was an exaggeration.

23 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Iggy is looking for people to write articles / reviews for this website im sure he will be interested if you or anyone else would like to do any write ups . I posted the latest one that someone has spent time doing , so thanks to the author it was likely done for no financial reward 

I would consider it to be honest, under a new owner. Not doing anything for the previous idiot.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

IF (and that’s a big one) Talking Heads actually reform and tour, they really don’t strike me as an act who’d end up headlining Glastonbury off the back of it. A little too niche perhaps, a little too Pitchfork-core, and they just don’t strike me as an act Glastonbury would break the bank for - they just seem better suited for their own shows and/or the likes of Primavera and that kind of festival. 

But goddamn, if they do announce a tour off the back of this I’ll lose my mind. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

IF (and that’s a big one) Talking Heads actually reform and tour, they really don’t strike me as an act who’d end up headlining Glastonbury off the back of it. A little too niche perhaps, a little too Pitchfork-core, and they just don’t strike me as an act Glastonbury would break the bank for - they just seem better suited for their own shows and/or the likes of Primavera and that kind of festival. 

Can see it being a few dates to test the water. Though given how popular David Byrne's stuff turned out being, I imagine this would be in high demand as well.

41 minutes ago, foolee said:

Is it currently looking like Dua Lipa/Coldplay/Madonna?

I think that’s the consensus on here given what we know about availability, Emmy’s comments to date and a general sense check about what’s realistic. 

While it’s not necessarily likely nor a unique booking, I’m personally hoping for Metallica as they have a massive Glasto shaped hole and have so far eluded me all these years!! Would be 10 years since they last played. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:41 PM, Crazyfool01 said:

DM away .... efestivals account has Iggy new owner looking at it 

You know you've downvoted a comment then replied positively lol? I mean I'm not bothered with downvotes, I just found it strange.

This whole place needed to be run differently so hopefully now it will. There are pages on here with broken links, showing previous years lineups even when they say updated, and that's been a long time. Acts mentioned twice for two different days which then can catch people out when choosing to buy tickets from here with false advertising. The Y Not 2024 buy tickets link doesn't, or at least didn't take you there, it just reverts you to the list of years.

Edited by northernangel

4 hours ago, foolee said:

Is it currently looking like Dua Lipa/Coldplay/Madonna?

Yeah I think thise are the first they'll go for with Rihanna on standby. I will say I think Madonna is a 50/50 split. It once sense, I'm like money wise for her but in another she's probably in as vulnerable position to need to airtime Glastonbury will give her. Hasn't stopped her selling out multiple dates though but I reckon Glastonbury would put her on a stadium circuit. We'll see how many future dates workout but she's certainly end of April pretty much covered North America, Canada and Mexico. There is however, nothing stopping her doing South America, Asia or Australia etc from May onwards. She does however, have time in May and early June to cover those.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

You know you've downvoted a comment then replied positively lol? I mean I'm not bothered with downvotes, I just found it strange.

This whole place needed to be run differently so hopefully now it will. There are pages on here with broken links, showing previous years lineups even when they say updated, and that's been a long time. Acts mentioned twice for two different days which then can catch people out when choosing to buy tickets from here with false advertising. The Y Not 2024 buy tickets link doesn't, or at least didn't take you there, it just reverts you to the list of years.

@eFestivals some feedback … Will look at red arrow when I finish work can’t remember why I gave it 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Any reason for that or are you trying to manifest it not to be true ? 

Nothing really, I just think all stuff linking them is circumstantial at best.

Dua looks the most likely but she's played the festival before and Emily said the two female acts she was lining up were debutante. Maybe she just wasn't aware she had played before or meant first time headliners? The latter seems a stretch.

Coldplay. They have a tour around the festival, a few rumours but nothing solid. I know it will be 8 years since last time but 5 times headlining plus Live From Worthy Farm feels wrong.

Madonna. Unless more tour dates are added, she's done months before the festival. Likes a big payday.

So basically, I've seen nothing that convinces me of any of them but at the same time, it could be all three. I'd just be very surprised if it was.

42 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

I think it will be the three of them. 

It could well be but for me at least, I normally have at least one at this stage that I feel is pretty certain but no-one is screaming 'nailed on' to me this year. Even when I've been totally wrong, it has at least felt that is was a bit of a surprise when they weren't announced. I don't think it's my lack of interest in the names being bandied about but maybe because none of them excite me, I'm dismissing signs that I'd otherwise latch on to. Having said that, I've been right about plenty of headliners I don't like before. 

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yyyyyyyup

17 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yyyyyyyup

5 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@eFestivals some feedback … Will look at red arrow when I finish work can’t remember why I gave it 

As I say it's not a big deal.

He won't care about anything I've mentioned. But while we are here, the Kendal Calling links to the page I believe are error/not found. Similar with Creamfields for this year, it had acts listed for both Friday and Sunday. I get you can view the official site but if the website wants to promote ticket buying via the link, then some people are going to take it as gospel on here and it makes a massive difference if you buy to find out your favourite dj was listed on an incorrect day.

5 minutes ago, northernangel said:

As I say it's not a big deal.

He won't care about anything I've mentioned. But while we are here, the Kendal Calling links to the page I believe are error/not found. Similar with Creamfields for this year, it had acts listed for both Friday and Sunday. I get you can view the official site but if the website wants to promote ticket buying via the link, then some people are going to take it as gospel on here and it makes a massive difference if you buy to find out your favourite dj was listed on an incorrect day.

yep he will he's already changed some things ive suggested such as restoring the daily leaderboard  but has a long list to work through . So might take some time .... it's in his interests anyway . Edit I can't see any downvotes from me 

Edited by Crazyfool01