2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

Just now, leath02 said:

Right that makes more sense 

Back to my original stance - can't believe the average age of attendees is in the 40s

Of attendees, I would take a guess at the average age being between 30-35. Although that's likely pulled higher by the minority of sexagenarians (and older) raising that average.

For example, the average age of the headliners was pulled up a lot because Macca is just fucking ancient. Both Kendrick and Billie were younger than the average but it didn't matter.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

But that is age of headliners, not attendees, which was being discussed.

The average age of Glastonbury headliners has increased steadily in the past 15 years. When Prodigy, Radiohead and Ash topped the bill in 1997, the average age was 26 years and five months. This year it is 45 years and two months, even with Eilish, although that is down slightly on the average age of 49 when the festival last went ahead in 2019.

Ha! Thanks for the correction. Despite me reading the entire article, I failed to absorb that key detail! Just had a quick search and can't see any up to date figures on this. Would be interested to find out though, as we've gone onto suggest, age has a factor around affordability 

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. Not many 18 year olds that can afford £340 for a ticket, £50 for fuel, £55 for a car park space, etc...

That settles it. 

Radiohead, Pulp and Blur to headline in 2023. 

Go to any town/city at the weekend and you’ll see 18 year olds in £300 Balenciaga T-shirts with £900 iPhones spending £££ on a night out.

I actually think if anything the price going up will push the age of the festival down, if you live at home with your parents, the price of gas and electricity going up won’t effect you. 

“Kids” aged 18-23 will still have their disposable income for festivals and trips abroad. 

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yep. Not many 18 year olds that can afford £340 for a ticket, £50 for fuel, £55 for a car park space, etc...

That settles it. 

Radiohead, Pulp and Blur to headline in 2023. 

I waited until my mid 20s for my first Glasto, and am now in late 20s and our group actually enjoy the lack of people below the 20 age bracket

As much as Glasto should be for everyone, I think there's something to be said for not having an abundance of teenages in the fields 

9 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't think it's allowed to sell booze. I've actually never been to the Co-op on site though (think it's only been there one year I've been - 2019?) so not sure.

I always just accept I'll spend a fuckload on booze and food over the weekend but as that fuckload increases it will give me pause.

I've always had to be conscious of budget for booze even before all this inflation malarky. Bottles of spirits premixed and allow myself a few ciders during the daytime as a refresher. Can't imagine what it'd be like buying booze all afternoon and night from the vendors, must cost a goddamn fortune.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've always had to be conscious of budget for booze even before all this inflation malarky. Bottles of spirits premixed and allow myself a few ciders during the daytime as a refresher. Can't imagine what it'd be like buying booze all afternoon and night from the vendors, must cost a goddamn fortune.

Well yeah even though I say a fuckload that's basically what we do. A few pints during the day and then the spirits we bring at night. Still works out a lot over the weekend when you consider food too.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Go to any town/city at the weekend and you’ll see 18 year olds in £300 Balenciaga T-shirts with £900 iPhones spending £££ on a night out.

I actually think if anything the price going up will push the age of the festival down, if you live at home with your parents, the price of gas and electricity going up won’t effect you. 

“Kids” aged 18-23 will still have their disposable income for festivals and trips abroad. 

Yeah, true. It's not that age bracket worrying about mortgages, leccy bills, and putting food on the table. If they're still at home that is.

And they're much happier doing everything on the cheap as well. They're not going to be rocking up in campervans and if they drive they're likely to have four to a car, or paying out for the PodPads/Yurts. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Well yeah even though I say a fuckload that's basically what we do. A few pints during the day and then the spirits we bring at night. Still works out a lot over the weekend when you consider food too.

Oh, the fuckload threw me a bit 😄 If I do a quick tally, I think I spend about 30 on cold bevvies during the day and have two big meals for about a tenner each. That's 50 a day, excluding the spirits I premix, which probably isn't a lot per 2-Litre bottle. Maybe a large bottle of Tesco's vodka and cheap coke over the weekend... So I'd estimate about 300 over the weekend on food and drink total.

That comes down in the years that I head to the Krishna tent for their grub or bring enough food with me for at least the Wed/Thurs.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Oh, the fuckload threw me a bit 😄 If I do a quick tally, I think I spend about 30 on cold bevvies during the day and have two big meals for about a tenner each. That's 50 a day, excluding the spirits I premix, which probably isn't a lot per 2-Litre bottle. Maybe a large bottle of Tesco's vodka and cheap coke over the weekend... So I'd estimate about 300 over the weekend on food and drink total.

That comes down in the years that I head to the Krishna tent for their grub or bring enough food with me for at least the Wed/Thurs.

I mean yeah I consider that quite a lot! But obviously people vary on what they consider a fuckload.

If I add in my coach ticket and festival ticket I'm looking at probably nearly £800 now. I'm happy to pay that next year but don't know if I can justify it every year.

Mind you I spent a lot more at Primavera this year. People say it's cheaper but when you factor in accommodation, flights, the price of drinks etc etc it really wasn't. Fair enough we didn't get early bird tickets and probably left it a bit long to book accommodation but Glastonbury was still cheaper for me.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Mind you I spent a lot more at Primavera this year. People say it's cheaper but when you factor in accommodation, flights, the price of drinks etc etc it really wasn't. Fair enough we didn't get early bird tickets and probably left it a bit long to book accommodation but Glastonbury was still cheaper for me.

Even if you book early it's difficult to keep it under a grand now, which is a lot for a weekend even if it's a "holiday". There'll probably be a lot less UK-goers next year because of the price hikes who choose to use their discretionary spending domestically instead.

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is a good point. Everything is going to be a lot more expensive and people's wages aren't going to go up in tandem. People often say "oh you can bring your own booze and food to Glastonbury" but only if you're driving. And I'm not sure how practical it is to make every single meal yourself.

Don't think it's that impossible to do via public transport.

There's nothing to stop someone, for example, setting up on the Wednesday and then sending a couple of people on a supermarket run using the Shepton Mallet or Glastonbury Town shuttle buses. Personally it'd be too much hassle for me, but then I don't drink enough to worry about the cost - I know that there are people who take that approach though.

Just now, jannybruck said:

Even if you book early it's difficult to keep it under a grand now, which is a lot for a weekend even if it's a "holiday". There'll probably be a lot less UK-goers next year because of the price hikes who choose to use their discretionary spending domestically instead.

Yeah I'd imagine so. I won't be rushing to do a festival abroad again anyway!

Just now, incident said:

Don't think it's that impossible to do via public transport.

There's nothing to stop someone, for example, setting up on the Wednesday and then sending a couple of people on a supermarket run using the Shepton Mallet or Glastonbury Town shuttle buses. Personally it'd be too much hassle for me, but then I don't drink enough to worry about the cost - I know that there are people who take that approach though.

Oh yeah of course. Way too much hassle for me, though. If I get to the point I can't afford to buy food and drink there I won't be going.

That was one of the few good things about Reading back in the day, being able to wander out to the offie. Of course then you had to smuggle it into the arena.

29 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Absolutely agree with all that. Just responding really to the poster who suggested it was only one person's group who felt that whereas, as I say, I've never seen as much negativity round these parts as I did this summer (and I've been coming here 15 years or something).

The negativity I read (and I read a ton of posts) was almost exclusively related to capacity. 

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I've been reading articles for years that put the average age of punters in the 40's.

Feel free to share any. 

On the reporting front, they've done a slight tweak 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-63293947

21 minutes ago, nikkic said:

This is definitely the glastonbury crowd 😂

I left uni this year and £410 (coach ticket) is a lot. No idea how my mates are affording it who are still at uni, we've already had some drop outs.

21 minutes ago, leath02 said:

I waited until my mid 20s for my first Glasto, and am now in late 20s and our group actually enjoy the lack of people below the 20 age bracket

As much as Glasto should be for everyone, I think there's something to be said for not having an abundance of teenages in the fields 

The over 50 age group bring a lot to festivals imo.

I was at Noisily this year and it had a really good cohort of people over 40 there and even what looked like a good few well into their 70s and it was the better for it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

My mate was spending over a £1k for a weekend in Ibiza years ago