2023 Ticket Price Confirmed

Dukeicon

14 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Why would that stop that? Most people who get coaches from places not nearby to them are getting them because they can get the coach + ticket to a festival.

Some people would buy a coach ticket from a cheaper place and then sort out transport to that place separately. It's prob not a huge number granted.

Just feel for people miles away who have to pay 100 quid extra. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

That's unfortunately pricing me out now. I had a feeling that 2022 would be my last one, but this price is just way too much for me to justify.

£340 for a ticket, plus what I'm expecting to be £65 for car parking, fuel on top of that, food, etc... We're probably talking £500-600 a head for the weekend.

Good luck to you all on ticket day, but I'll be one less person trying to make it easier for you all.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Some people would buy a coach ticket from a cheaper place and then sort out transport to that place separately. It's prob not a huge number granted.

Just feel for people miles away who have to pay 100 quid extra. 

Yeah I really don't think this happens. You can't be there doing on the fly pricing on the coach sale. You get whatever's convenient for you and get it sorted.

You can't be charging the same price for Coaches from Scotland than ones from Bristol, it'd be mad.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

How much were you thinking? I think the £50 deposit is ideal as it basically means no real pressure to cough up just yet but if you secure a ticket in the main sale you know you’ve got six months to get the rest of the money ready. Don’t think raising the deposit would do much other than to price out some people early on, or at least make it a bit more of a struggle to have the money in their accounts.

Not huge amounts possibly 75 no more than 100 but like you say, if people can budget for the ticket surely they could budget for a greater deposit as well? 

55 minutes ago, sisco said:

Out of interest how does it compare to other Festivals?! 

I go to Victorious Festival too which is mid tier and costs £155.  

This says next year is 165 camping plus thirteen quid booking?  (still a great price obviously) 

https://kaboodle.victoriousfestival.co.uk/book/16638/ticket

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

That's unfortunately pricing me out now. I had a feeling that 2022 would be my last one, but this price is just way too much for me to justify.

£340 for a ticket, plus what I'm expecting to be £65 for car parking, fuel on top of that, food, etc... We're probably talking £500-600 a head for the weekend.

Good luck to you all on ticket day, but I'll be one less person trying to make it easier for you all.

Website says £55 for parking, saved you a tenner lad

Wow. Absolutely huge rise, I really hope it doesn't get to the stage where it isn't profitable to run anymore. I do appreciate that they make millions in profit, but most of that goes to NGOs. My worry is the festival stopping altogether more than this increase. Rules it out for a lot of people though.

Although, if you consider Swedish House Mafia were charging around £120, even Drake in 2019 was £115, Coldplay tickets are also around this figure. Still great value for money but it's getting above what the average person can afford to spend.

1 minute ago, leath02 said:

Website says £55 for parking, saved you a tenner lad

Haha, cheers mate 🤣

What's put the price into perspective for me is that it's over 50% more expensive than my first one in 2014. The festival will have their reasons for this price, and they're probably the same reasons I'll be at home that weekend.

Mr Glasto Thingy makes a great point on Twitter that I’ve just seen.  People say it’s great value for money and that’s correct if you say saw the 3 headers £100 each solo gig ticket price but yeah, what if you spend your time in Avalon etc… is it still value?

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Mr Glasto Thingy makes a great point on Twitter that I’ve just seen.  People say it’s great value for money and that’s correct if you say saw the 3 headers £100 each solo gig ticket price but yeah, what if you spend your time in Avalon etc… is it still value?

yeah good point tbh, you wouldn't want that side of the festival to go either 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

If you're going to spend most of your time in Avalon, you'd be better going to somewhere like Beautiful Days for around half the price.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Well the reverse is true, you staying in Avalon doesn't stop them needing to put the other hundred stages on and look after 250000 people. 

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I think this is where it comes down to perceived and not necessarily monetary value. If you saw maybe 5 performers a day on Avalon (15 in total) and you enjoyed most of them, you'd probably feel like it's justified the cost. Value can be emotive as well as just based on finances.

Pound for pound though, I totally get what they're saying.

Source: My job is to maintain the feeling of value or Return on Investment for my customers to make sure they don't leave us.

Edited by discgoesmic

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Frankly it's not worth this year's price if you spent all your time there

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

If you're going to spend most of your time in Avalon, you'd be better going to somewhere like Beautiful Days for around half the price.

That’s kind of the thought process I am going through. I am increasingly less interested in the acts on the Pyramid and Other but do love the range of things across the festival. It probably just about makes sense for me, but would have to cut out other festivals and gigs. 

To me the “festival sucking all of the air out the room” doesn’t feel very Glastonbury. 

For me now, it would likely come down to who is playing.

I'm not trying for tickets this year due to my wedding being a couple of weeks after, but in future if I was lucky enough to get a ticket I'd base my decision on who was playing. Cant afford to pay that much if the headliners are people I've zero interest in, despite how good the rest of the festival is.

13 minutes ago, sisco said:

If you spend all your time in Avalon, you'll probably want to try Beautiful Days instead.

But it is a fair point.

Just now, thewayiam said:

This is going to make people think twice. In fact, I think if I'd have paid that and got the lineup from this year I'd have cashed in and cut my losses.

I will try but they've got to pull something out the bag.

Presuming car parking is on top of that.

Car parking Is £55