Taylor swift

brettredmayne

22 minutes ago, Barbara Milmine said:

Hello - I am a super-confused overseas ticketholder who purchased tickets to see Taylor in Edinburgh. A couple of questions...

1) I paid 599/ticket but nowhere in my order does it say 'VIP' package. This is not really important to me as I don't care about the merch and understand that it's unlikely that I'll get it anyways. However, I am curious about whether the 599 necessarily means a VIP package ticket? I purchased via AXS and in my order summary the price code is listed as 'regular -20%'.

2) When the VIP package terms and condition says that 'packages are non-transferrable' what, exactly, does that mean? Does that refer to the actual ticket for the seat as well, or the merch, or both?

3) As I understand it there is some confusion about the transferability of tickets purchased from Ticketmaster vs AXS - again, totally out of my depth here. I'm now having flight / accommodation for Edinburgh and am wondering if I can't sort out a trip if I have an option to resell / transfer these tickets?

Any feedback or info would be much appreciated! Thank you:)

Axs has seemingly confirmed ticket transfer will be an option. For vip though they might ship items separate or make you claim them at the venue.

Am I missing something re Swift? 

OI thought she was pretty much confirmed not to be playing the festival? Only every time I log into the forum this thread is still pretty much always in the top 2 or 3... Have things changed? Is it now looking more likely she will play? 

Praying that is not the case from a purely selfish POV as tickets are hard enough to get without a couple more million Swift fans joining the queue! 

4 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

OI thought she was pretty much confirmed not to be playing the festival? Only every time I log into the forum this thread is still pretty much always in the top 2 or 3... Have things changed? Is it now looking more likely she will play? 

Praying that is not the case from a purely selfish POV as tickets are hard enough to get without a couple more million Swift fans joining the queue! 

Definitely not playing 2024 - she's fully booked on her tour for all dates. There was a small chance a few weeks back that she may have been doing the Sunday, but she added an extra Dublin date to rule that out. 

The traffic on here is due to her UK tour dates being on sale, and the circus involved with trying to get tickets!

5 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Tickets for tour have been going on sale these past couple of weeks and Speak Now TV came out too. So naturally a lot of people are discussing this.

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Definitely not playing 2024 - she's fully booked on her tour for all dates. There was a small chance a few weeks back that she may have been doing the Sunday, but she added an extra Dublin date to rule that out. 

The traffic on here is due to her UK tour dates being on sale, and the circus involved with trying to get tickets!

Ah thank you! 

So not really Glasto related in that case, just general Swifty. 

Was reading about the process of getting a TS ticket and was astonished at the popularity she has. Has there ever been a musical act as popular? Not my cup of tea at all personally, but have to respect the level she is clearly at. 

Ballots etc for tickets is unheard of for almost all artists isn't it? 

3 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Ah thank you! 

So not really Glasto related in that case, just general Swifty. 

Was reading about the process of getting a TS ticket and was astonished at the popularity she has. Has there ever been a musical act as popular? Not my cup of tea at all personally, but have to respect the level she is clearly at. 

Incredible demand - but she’s had 4 albums since her last tour, so a lot of new material, including a change in direction with folklore and evermore which has gained her a whole host of new fans. 
Throw in the fact it’s a 3 hour show with Paramore supporting too and lots of people are understandably very keen to attend. 

All dates have more or less sold out without a general sale. First it was album presale, then a ballot, then the waitlist from the ballot. Crazy to think how many tickets she could have shifted if she wanted to. 

5 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

I reckon that in my lifetime at least, the only other tour that has had an even comparable level of demand would have been Michael Jackson in the late 80s. But tickets are distributed very differently these days so it's difficult to make a comparison.

Right, just to clarify, half an hour before tickets go on sale, I should click on the purchase link in the email.  This will take me to a waiting room where I should sit tight.  When the sale time comes around, I will automatically get put in a queue.  Is my understanding correct? Know my chances are slim today (not interested in VIP) but going to give it a go anyway. Any advice from experience would be appreciated as this is my first attempt!

7 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

Right, just to clarify, half an hour before tickets go on sale, I should click on the purchase link in the email.  This will take me to a waiting room where I should sit tight.  When the sale time comes around, I will automatically get put in a queue.  Is my understanding correct? Know my chances are slim today (not interested in VIP) but going to give it a go anyway. Any advice from experience would be appreciated as this is my first attempt!

Exactly that. This is a no refresh situation. You'll get a random place in the queue and you just have to wait. If you want to read up on the packages Here is the info

Edited for UK packages

Edited by Hotchilidog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, slumberjack said:

You are correct, exactly what happens

• Like 1

Just now, Yokel Again said:

Have half an hour window to get tickets at 3pm today before I have to be somewhere.......... 

Those who have been in queues... is your experience that it will be done and dusted in 30 mins?

I mean, Glastonbury sold out in 30 mins, so surely?

if its helps, i got mine (done and dusted) within 25 minutes of the sale starting at 1pm yesterday and i was placed around 5000 in the q. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Help! When I click join waiting room it just reloads the page!!

Is it working now? Sometimes it takes a few minutes for it to fire up. As long as you’re in 5 minutes or so before it’ll be fine