Taylor swift

brettredmayne

38 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Its fascinating - i have absolutely no interest in TS either but big ticket sales are always fascinating, and im caught up in people's excitement at getting them now! PLUS im telling myself its forearming myself with inside info for the next time im desperate for tickets to something - the waiting rooms stuff is all new to me, i'm typically watching bands at small venues that not many people care about 😄  

Same 🙂 I am enjoying this and supporting you all! And trying to find key information that may be useful in the future. I do find it interesting that mobile data seems to work better ? Or am I imagining this?

Is there anyone planning on trying for just two standing tickets, in the Cardiff presale tomorrow, that is happy to add an extra two please? I'll be able to buy them off you immediately. Sorry to be a bit of a beg, I feel like I've been dragging my partner to gigs for me for almost 7 years now and Taylor Swift seems to be one of the few acts she cares about. 

21 minutes ago, moogster said:

Same 🙂 I am enjoying this and supporting you all! And trying to find key information that may be useful in the future. I do find it interesting that mobile data seems to work better ? Or am I imagining this?

On AXS I've stuck to 1 window per queue and it's been rock solid on regular broadband 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Its fascinating - i have absolutely no interest in TS either but big ticket sales are always fascinating, and im caught up in people's excitement at getting them now! PLUS im telling myself its forearming myself with inside info for the next time im desperate for tickets to something - the waiting rooms stuff is all new to me, i'm typically watching bands at small venues that not many people care about 😄  

I'm far more invested in this than I have any right to be. I've not been to a stadium gig in years and the prices are mind boggling to me, I'm trying to think of an act I'd be willing to pay that sort of money for. Racking my brain, I remember buying what were classed as VIP tickets* for Paul McCartney at Anfield in 2008 and they were (I think) £90 each.

That's £139.47 in today's money, they were in the £160 (+booking fee) section for this. *we got a buffet and access to an "exclusive bar". 

The behind the stage ones seem particularly nuts but if I was a massive fan, would I shell out £55 for one of those? Probably not.

Like you say, fascinating. 

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I've not been to a stadium gig in years and the prices are mind boggling to me, I'm trying to think of an act I'd be willing to pay that sort of money for.

Same here and I honestly can't think of anyone.

Last stadium gig I remember going to was Bob Dylan at St James Park, Newcastle, in 1984. Think the tickets were about £11.

Which is about £34 today.

12 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm far more invested in this than I have any right to be. I've not been to a stadium gig in years and the prices are mind boggling to me, I'm trying to think of an act I'd be willing to pay that sort of money for. Racking my brain, I remember buying what were classed as VIP tickets* for Paul McCartney at Anfield in 2008 and they were (I think) £90 each.

That's £139.47 in today's money, they were in the £160 (+booking fee) section for this. *we got a buffet and access to an "exclusive bar". 

The behind the stage ones seem particularly nuts but if I was a massive fan, would I shell out £55 for one of those? Probably not.

Like you say, fascinating. 

I went to Blur at wembley stadium last week, but only cos of the half price NHS tickets. I was complaining like buggery about the golden circle being £150 or whatever they were, and the normal standing being £90 - ninety quid!

but as soon as they made em BOGOF i could happily justify it to myself and get aboard 😄 and they were great! i hate wembley, and there's a handful of acts that could tempt me to a stadium gig, but i'd never seen Blur before - my previous time was ac/dc in 2015. Think i'd go for Slipknot, and that would be about it for me. £100 is such a huge mental barrier for a ticket but i'd rather spend it on a gig than a football match cos there's far less chance of stomping out after an hour cos they've all been so pathetic and shambolic.

(this may not apply to people who dont support Spurs, admittedly) 

11 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

I went to Blur at wembley stadium last week, but only cos of the half price NHS tickets. I was complaining like buggery about the golden circle being £150 or whatever they were, and the normal standing being £90 - ninety quid!

but as soon as they made em BOGOF i could happily justify it to myself and get aboard 😄 and they were great! i hate wembley, and there's a handful of acts that could tempt me to a stadium gig, but i'd never seen Blur before - my previous time was ac/dc in 2015. Think i'd go for Slipknot, and that would be about it for me. £100 is such a huge mental barrier for a ticket but i'd rather spend it on a gig than a football match cos there's far less chance of stomping out after an hour cos they've all been so pathetic and shambolic.

No-one tell @balti-pie about the free tickets... 😬

22 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Looking at the Anfield map, my match seat is £85 for Taylor, £39 for the footie.

It might be worth paying double for a guaranteed good time.

While stadium prices are ridiculous, how many times do you see a Stadium gig? My last one was around 2016. I put little bits of money to the side for this since Eras tour US announced. 

Paramore are playing on this tour and if you wanted to see them on tour recently its £45+. 

Then her show is 3+ hours. Its also the staging, the lighting, the pyro, the dancers. 

Is it ridiculous?? of course but if people are able to justify it for an artist they like, thats also okay. 

16 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

While stadium prices are ridiculous, how many times do you see a Stadium gig? My last one was around 2016. I put little bits of money to the side for this since Eras tour US announced. 

Paramore are playing on this tour and if you wanted to see them on tour recently its £45+. 

Then her show is 3+ hours. Its also the staging, the lighting, the pyro, the dancers. 

Is it ridiculous?? of course but if people are able to justify it for an artist they like, thats also okay. 

Agree with this. 

I paid 77ish for my seats for Taylor which if Paramore are support is not bad value?

Reputation tour I had pitch tickets and we got Charli XCX and Camila Cabello and that high price didn't seem absurd for the acts we got to see that day.