Taylor swift

brettredmayne

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Has any act ever started a European stadium tour in late August? Surely by then temperatures start getting shit. No point.

It’s a real shame - I can’t see her coming to the UK and the UK only. Reckon she’s sacked Europe off until 2024.

Not this year they weren’t !!  

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Has any act ever started a European stadium tour in late August? Surely by then temperatures start getting shit. No point.

It’s a real shame - I can’t see her coming to the UK and the UK only. Reckon she’s sacked Europe off until 2024.

I remember seeing Coldplay on a stadium tour in September 2009. It seems like the tour ran mid August to mid September, which I suppose Taylor could do, but it’s hard to think of many other examples.

This all feels a bit familiar to when she toured Red. US throughout the summer of 2013 and then finally coming to Europe in January 2014, although that was arenas rather than stadiums. 

Just saying that she does have previous for this although am still tempted by the Nashville date. 

12 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

It was a pretty ridiculous thing to big up a uk pre sale and then not come to the uk .

just doesn’t make any sense 

it does when people in the uk are buying adele in vegas tickets.

45 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Not this year they weren’t !!  

44 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I remember seeing Coldplay on a stadium tour in September 2009. It seems like the tour ran mid August to mid September, which I suppose Taylor could do, but it’s hard to think of many other examples.

But is that UK dates only and did the tour start in September? That was my point.

She won’t just play the UK she will do shows in mainland Europe too. I’m not sure if the summer lasts that long out there!

49 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I agree that I can't see there being a UK/European Tour in 2023, there's enough in that US run (with space for more dates added "due to phenomenal demand") to heat her pool for the time being, but I don't think the weather in August is the issue. There are plenty of large events that run well into September in the UK without being affected. In this case, it's purely timeframe. A run like that needs a good three months and to satisfy the inevitable demand, she'll need stadiums too. Most of which will be used near the end of summer by the usual sporting events. Yep, mega European tour in 2024 it is. Probably...

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But is that UK dates only and did the tour start in September? That was my point.

She won’t just play the UK she will do shows in mainland Europe too. I’m not sure if the summer lasts that long out there!

Looks like they did Europe too to be fair, though I do agree with you that UK stadiums seems unlikely at this point.

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the presale will still be valid whenever it is the dates for onsale? No-one's been lied to.

Yeah. The presale for the uk will be valid with your purchase whenever that comes about. The whole thing was to garner extra album sales. If they had announced that for the u.s it wouldve been even crazier for sales.

She LOVES the UK. Would she tease the presale codes (even though it was to try and get Midnights to #1) just to come back in 2024? I think she will be here in August only because it matches up to what my TM friend told me and also what Matt heard. To me it looks like Glastonbury is off the table til 2024 though, and BST from the looks of it

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

3rd leg of the U2 360 tour. It didn't visit the UK though.

5 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

She LOVES the UK. Would she tease the presale codes (even though it was to try and get Midnights to #1) just to come back in 2024? I think she will be here in August only because it matches up to what my TM friend told me and also what Matt heard. To me it looks like Glastonbury is off the table til 2024 though, and BST from the looks of it

Yeah I think there’s plenty of time in August/early Sept to do a smattering of UK stadium shows and then hit Europe + festivals in 2024. Agree it would seem strange to tease presale codes and a tour announcement coming soon on G Norts only to skip the UK entirely next year. She obviously could skip us next year, she could be doing anything, and I’m sure there’s precedents of acts teasing presale codes etcetcetcetc but I’m this instance my hunch is she plays here in some form or fashion next year.

19 minutes ago, ls2408 said:

Yeah. Cause guess what, everyone knows people are running out of money, so squeeze the last bits out of everyone right now and who cares if you cant make the gig in 2024 cause youll be choosing between taylor or feeding your family.