Taylor swift

brettredmayne

19 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Regarding sales figures, they've been a heated topic of conversation since I was a nipper (I'm in my 50s). It obviously was during the time of Elvis, the Beatles, Dylan, etc. 

It's quite interesting looking through this list and finding the ones that you remember being a big deal in your youth... 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums

I don’t see Blink 182 Take off your pants and jacket anywhere on that list… are you sure it’s accurate?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

So how many streams does Modnights have now? Must be loads. Probably makes her the winner of the greatest artist of all time comp right? Definitely better than Blackpink, Bad Bunny and anyone else who’s ever played Coachella. 

image.gif

Shed loads and it looks like the end of Kanye West’s career is happening at the same time too.

She’s winning extremely hard right now. It’s remarkable. 2022 is her year.

13 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

So how many streams does Modnights have now? Must be loads. Probably makes her the winner of the greatest artist of all time comp right? Definitely better than Blackpink, Bad Bunny and anyone else who’s ever played Coachella. 

image.gif

Is that her album of Weller covers?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

She's massive and I'm not denying that. I just find an obsession over sales/streams a bit odd for ANY artist really. Only people who should be caring about sales/streams are the artist and their label.

Exactly that. My favorite artists ever are Nick Cave, Radiohead and Kendrick Lamar but I dont know a thing about how their music scored compared to their earlier stuff, let alone compared to other artists.

Sure, I compare their albums, make lists,... on how much I like them but why is it relevant to know as a fan how much an artists sold?