Taylor swift

brettredmayne

28 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

There were quite a few media outlets saying she was touring, I’m not saying it had anything to do with Glastonbury but we did have a good indication she was planning on dates .

Guessing only. 

Interesting that song lengths for midnights have been released. The album is a fairly brisk 44 minutes which indicates that the tour will be a midnights album tour. It looks likes the album itself will only occupy 50-60 minutes of the set (have to allow for the chat and the classic Swifty applause milking). This will leave just over an hour to give us folklore/evermore/Lover/rest of the catalogue. 

The excitement for the tour announcement is really ramping up now!

9 hours ago, MK1 said:

Good queation. I did not get any confirmation...

were you already subscribed to the Taylor Swift newsletter? I realised I already get emails from the newsletter, tried signing up with a different email and got a confirmation. So maybe no confirmation if you are already signed up!

3 hours ago, Neil said:

there's plenty of people from here doing it, but they know nothing, asfaik.

100% is, housemate works in insurance and their company are insuring an aspect of it in the uk. I didn’t ask but normally they do it for acts at Olympic stadium I believe, but yeh it’s 100% happening. 

16 minutes ago, GeezLouise said:

Why is there this talk of tour maybe not happening? we have pre-sale confirmation from official channels?  I think i've missed something. 

There isn't. Neil is just saying that we didn't know it was 100% happening until that announcement. Basically just going off at people being hopeful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chazwwe said:

There isn't. Neil is just saying that we didn't know it was 100% happening until that announcement. Basically just going off at people being hopeful.

There’s absolutely nothing out there to indicate that Taylor is touring. The only thing we have is that she announced a tour yesterday via sending out a presale link.

Apart from that, nothing but gossip and tabloids. 

(why is it even up for debate anymore).

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There’s absolutely nothing out there to indicate that Taylor is touring. The only thing we have is that she announced a tour yesterday via sending out a presale link.

Apart from that, nothing but gossip and tabloids. 

(why is it even up for debate anymore).

Yeah of course she is touring. Even before that presale thing it was always pretty likely. It will have been like 4 years since her last one.

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Who else is in the position of having to decide whether to grab tickets to a gig or wait to see if she's at Glasto next year?

My wife loves Taylor but doesn’t like Glastonbury so I’m in the position of having to buy us tickets for her tour (Christmas present for the wife) in the hope it means she ignores the festival price rise and gives me the thumbs up 😂

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Who else is in the position of having to decide whether to grab tickets to a gig or wait to see if she's at Glasto next year?

To be honest Glastonbury is just about a no go for us next year, so I’m massively rooting for her skipping the festival until 2024, and just grabbing tickets to her tour next year.

Looks like the full album is produced and mostly co-wrote with Antanoff, and the song lengths are all relatively short which makes me think this is gonna be a lot of snappy pop songs rather than the slow burners of the last albums. Hopefully Antonoff is bringing his Melodrama/bangers and not his Solar Power/bland strummers. 

Honestly the Swift/JA partnership is one of my favourite musical partnerships of all time. Another record with those two working together is fine by me, if it’s bangers or not. Everything they’ve done together has been gold.

Edited by jparx

2 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Aaron tweeted this, wonder if he's involved in it somewhere as well

image.png.4cbf9a3fcad8f715861690c024253230.png

I’d be surprised if they go from essentially co writing two albums together to no involvement at all. Suspect he’ll be credited on one track at least.