Mad Cool 2023

edge235

13 minutes ago, StaggerLee92 said:

It wouldn't be the first time that Mad Cool simply bumps up an artist from the first row to headliners... It would be a shame, but I'm super suspicious that the Saturday slot is going to JamieXX or Years and Years (sorry, I'm a bit pessimistic giving the festival history so far).

Btw, FIB which takes place a week later than MC just announced The Offspring

Offspring is also playing in Barcelona on friday 7th. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they get announced for Mad Cool saturday.

1 hour ago, StaggerLee92 said:

It wouldn't be the first time that Mad Cool simply bumps up an artist from the first row to headliners... It would be a shame, but I'm super suspicious that the Saturday slot is going to JamieXX or Years and Years (sorry, I'm a bit pessimistic giving the festival history so far).

Btw, FIB which takes place a week later than MC just announced The Offspring

Given that they specifically put a question mark to the main headline slot, it would look insane that they go ahead and announce that the surprise headliner on Friday is... Queens of the Stone Age... People are already not too hyped with the line up, but this would look flat out insane. They are in really big trouble if they resort to this. 

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Apparently Sziget is announcing next week and Rock Werchter announcing "early March". There seems to be another announcement buzz happening. I think it is likely that MC will also join announcements next week. Let's see!

Roskilde Festival is probably also announcing something this week, and Opener might announce something within 2 weeks. Glastonbury also is rumoured to announce within 2 weeks. This could be just a random coincidence or there is a special name that most of these festivals are going to share. 

Got a mad cool sunset ticket for Rage Against the Machine. Tour got cancelled as we all know. Festicket went into administration. 

Festival doesn’t know who got money back or not (I got cashback from my bank).
So they’re giving anyone who bought a ticket through festicket a free weekend ticket.

Not a bad result for me!

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Got a mad cool sunset ticket for Rage Against the Machine. Tour got cancelled as we all know. Festicket went into administration. 

So they’re giving anyone who bought a ticket through festicket a free weekend ticket.

Not a bad result for me!

sometimes life is good LOL

18 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Not a bad result for me!

Says a lot about their ticket sales 😉 

1 hour ago, KJP98 said:

Posty just announced a May Europe Tour with no Spain Date - could he be Saturday headliner?

Please don’t get my hopes up… Also he does start the tour in April so sadly it is unlikely that he would stay till July. 

But yh I expect more dates because currently there are very few countries.

2 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Full lineup tomorrow at 8.45pm (uk time)

1. That seems like a weird time to announce

2. that to me signals that it is a US name that will announce their tour in their timezone. (Maybe even west coast as it is very late here)

(or am I overthingking this?)

1 minute ago, Akujin said:

2. that to me signals that it is a US name that will announce their tour in their timezone. (Maybe even west coast as it is very late here)

It's the middle of the night in the US.

Whereas it's just after the start of the working day in Spain (as in, you know, where the festival is held!)

7 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Yeah, it's gotta be a west coast announcement.

But who?

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's the middle of the night in the US.

Whereas it's just after the start of the working day in Spain (as in, you know, where the festival is held!)

What are you on about 😄 it’s 1pm now in the west coast so the announcement is comming tomorrow midday in the west coast and after 8 pm in Spain.

9 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Fingers crossed for Frank Ocean.

Not Lana del Rey 

3 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Apparently The Weekend will potentially tour in 2023. He also posted almost the same time as Mad Cool about a live album comming out tomorrow night. 

could it be that he times it with his announcement of his tour?

His tour was announced some time ago and includes a July date in Madrid.

Edited by mln

This is good news. I'm gonna refrain from making a prediction based on what I'd like because I always end up slightly or very disappointed! In fairness, there's already enough in the card for me. Anything else half decent is a bonus. I'm intrigued to see the type of artists it's gonna be though. Fair play to them for keeping it under wraps, although knowing Mad Cool, they only finalised it this morning