ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think with a lot of the refresh apps, you can set a target word or text, which will cancel the refreshing process. Another poster suggested, "registration", but I can't remember if the word registration is on the landing page to buy the tickets already. I thought even before you get through to book with details, registration was already mentioned... I could be wrong, but it's been a while I've gotten that far.

i've never been tempted to use an autorefresh tool, as you don't know what will happen in all cicumstances, i prefer the control from doing it mnually.

Just now, Neil said:

i've never been tempted to use an autorefresh tool, as you don't know what will happen in all cicumstances, i prefer the control from doing it mnually.

I was going to go with an auto refresh extension on Chrome and then go manual on Firefox just to cover all bases. Assuming that doesn't mess with the hit-rate of 60 times per minute or whatever it is that SeeTickets sets.

12 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Also, I've just had a mad panic after seeing this screenshot. It is 6 tickets we can get in the main sale in one transaction, right? Not 4? This must be from resale?!

Link to "ticket page" - Chat - Festival Forums

i'm never sure what it is, but they always give that level of detail when they announce the ticket sale.

29 minutes ago, incident said:

While that's right, the problem is that too many (most?) people either don't look at that kind of specific option or don't understand what they're looking for. A lot will hear "VPN is a benefit" or similar, and just take the first or cheapest snake oil service they can find.

So while a suitably configured VPN service can benefit some people if they're behind a large scale NAT or Proxy or some other form of connection sharing, or if they're running enough devices that they need more unique addresses, it should only really be suggested in those contexts. I still maintain that for 95%+ it's of no benefit.

Spot on 👍

1 minute ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Setting up a ticket spreadsheet for friends and family, does anyone have any tips, tricks or general help for setting it up and running it before and during the ticket sales?

I think it's all obvious tbh.

Use Google Sheets so that it's shared "live", make sure everyone is aware and able to access it ahead of time and on it during the sale, make sure that they update as soon as they purchase.

Anything beyond that comes down to personal preference in terms of formatting and what information to include - personally I'd lean towards minimum necessary - names, reg numbers, postcodes.

And if you've got more than one group, of course make sure that everyone is very aware that the groups on the sheet are set in stone and mixing and matching is absolutely not acceptable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So we gonna guess on the new ticket price?

Im going with £310. Inflation is a bitch.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least a 10% increase, surely over the £300 mark, anyway. I think your prediction is about right. Still great value at that figure, but it's going to stretch some people, particularly families. 

31 minutes ago, moogster said:

I can imagine GL wondering "what is the right time to post  so it doesn't look like we've been sitting on this with burning fingers for two weeks "...

Yeah I reckon. Was wondering whether they might confirm Roxy Music as well? They never confirm anything before ticket day usually do they?

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see at least a 10% increase, surely over the £300 mark, anyway. I think your prediction is about right. Still great value at that figure, but it's going to stretch some people, particularly families. 

Yeah still great value but a big psychological barrier to cross. 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales