ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Weirdly for me card authorisation was the only part of the process that worked smoothly first time. Every other step took multiple goes but In App Approval was flawless.

Same, we were stuck trying to progress from the confirm registrations page to payment for about 20 mins, as soon as it loaded payment was done in a minute or so 

It’s never not going to be chaos is it? 

Wondered if there’d have been a decline in demand with the cost of living crisis, I’ve got a ticket reserved but no idea if or how I’m gonna be able to go, especially with payday being the Monday 🤦🏻‍♂️ Maybe it was 500,000 people across 2,000,000 devices 🤷🏻‍♂️

9 minutes ago, incident said:

the site was failing to cope with various things and especially with card authorisation.

I wonder if the card issues were even See’s fault. It’s quite possible several banks run maintenance from Saturday night into Sunday morning, when it is usually very quiet for online transactions. It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern on what banks were affected.

22 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Just sad to see the attitude of accepting a terrible system. 

Once you're through the queue, your tickets should be absolutely guaranteed. 

For a while it did work that way (thinking late 2005-2010ish sometime after the 2003 debacle?). However once you got through, your IP was earmarked for an easy ride through the load balancers. Thus you could go back in and buy as many as you wanted. So large groups/syndicates helping each other were hoovering them up. I think they thought that was unfair. Well, either that or their IT guys just lost their minds, judging by yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, not worthy said:

Yesterday I managed to input reg details for a group of six, got to payment page and upon trying 4 different payment cards they all failed with an unable to authenticate message. No bank link to validate, just failed. End result, session times out, no tickets.

Any intel in what I did wrong, can do in future to prevent same issue?

Some banks, revolut being one allow you to contact them and preauthorise payments. Sounds like it may not have made a difference as there was clearly something pretty wrong with your session if 4 cards didn't work but a decent shot perhaps

Just now, t0paz said:

I wonder if the card issues were even See’s fault. It’s quite possible several banks run maintenance from Saturday night into Sunday morning, when it is usually very quiet for online transactions. It would be interesting to see if there is a pattern on what banks were affected.

Surely weekday nights would be far quieter than fri/sat night when people are out at bars etc / up later online shopping or gambling

I am not sure what was going on with SeeTickets this year. I know they posted about experiencing 'technical issues', but it appeared to be worse than usual. 

We managed to get into the ticket queue around 8:50am, which was a first. The strangest thing (which I am not complaining about) was 10:01 am they posted that the festival had sold out. We remained in the ticket queue on 4 devices after this. At 10:18am we got through to the order page, filled in our details, paid and got tickets?!?! we have had the email notification and everything. 

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

Surely weekday nights would be far quieter than fri/sat night when people are out at bars etc / up later online shopping or gambling

Online systems are normally quite separate from Point of sale systems. 
i know Barclaycard and Halifax had to shut down the other week for the clock change. 

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

Yesterday I managed to input reg details for a group of six, got to payment page and upon trying 4 different payment cards they all failed with an unable to authenticate message. No bank link to validate, just failed. End result, session times out, no tickets.

This might be a clue as to what went wrong with their system. My guess was that the bank(s) started throttling their authorisation referrals. This happened once before on a previous years sale, though can't remember what year - I think it was a while ago though and it resulted in them disabling or coming to an agreement with the bank(s) the following year not to use it.

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

You did nothing wrong. Same thing happened to me with 2 different cards. Got through on another device and used one of those cards again and it worked. It was one of the (many) issues on their end, I don't think there's anything you could have done, unfortunately.

I had the experience of getting through about 9.30 on Chrome (VPN wifi) and my phone (data) simultaneously but didnt recognise the screen and so refreshed both and got it again before I twigged. inputted details but then got wheel of death for about 20mins. Eventually gave up, deleted all cookies and tried again from the beginning after the sold out message and got through on Chrome and only slightly hung after the payment details but no authorisation on Barclays Visa Debit and straight in - time around 10.15 I reckon.

1 hour ago, the_arsonist said:

Might just be a coincidence but I was using Chrome for the first hour with absolutely no luck or progress, switched to Edge just before 10 and suddenly everything was quicker and I got the registration page a few times.

Others in our group got more success using Edge than other browsers as well, is there something in that maybe? Not tech-savvy enough to really understand!

Coincidence or not, this is the same as my experience.

Thursday, the only browser to get the add reg page was Edge - (trying for pals who had already secured tickets by this point)

Sunday, again, the only browser to get through was Edge, with which I was able to secure tickets on.

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

For a while it did work that way (thinking late 2005-2010ish sometime after the 2003 debacle?). However once you got through, your IP was earmarked for an easy ride through the load balancers. Thus you could go back in and buy as many as you wanted. So large groups/syndicates helping each other were hoovering them up. I think they thought that was unfair. Well, either that or their IT guys just lost their minds, judging by yesterday. 

Yes, from 2005-2011 it worked like that. Basically, once you got into the booking system, your ticket was guaranteed. Flawless processing. Then they changed it all for the 2013 sale and since then it's been 'normal' NOT to be able to proceed straight from one stage to the next without it hanging and needing to backspace/re-submit. They just need to load manage better.

19 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

I had the experience of getting through about 9.30 on Chrome (VPN wifi) and my phone (data) simultaneously but didnt recognise the screen and so refreshed both and got it again before I twigged. inputted details but then got wheel of death for about 20mins. Eventually gave up, deleted all cookies and tried again from the beginning after the sold out message and got through on Chrome and only slightly hung after the payment details but no authorisation on Barclays Visa Debit and straight in - time around 10.15 I reckon.

I had a similar experience with payment.

Got through on Edge at 10:16, sailed through to payment - had a few whirling circles but it went through almost instantly.

No authorisation step whatsoever.

Used Lloyds CC for payment.

We had 6 people trying for 2 groups - a 5 and a family 3, with 3 of the 5 transferable to the 3 if needed. 

One of the 5 got through twice and both times was kicked back out during the post-registration process. 

I did this poll on twitter. 24 % kicked out!!! Unacceptable!!! 

NB - one of the family 3 got 3+3 ie 6, at 10.25!!

Screenshot_20221107-131336.jpg

3 hours ago, Mark Greensmith said:

Oh how I wish that happened for me. Did you keep the timeout page open after payment authorised with OTP and it had timed out? I clicked out of it in panic hoping to get back through or hoping to see the transaction in my account but nothing...

Yeah so I just kept that page open and opened up a few fresh tabs to re-start the process again. It took about 10 minutes for the money to show pending in my account and for the emails to come through, but I’m sure that’s usually the time frame anyway? Not sure that leaving the tab open made much difference to be fair, I think the moment the HSBC app seen my confirm the transaction the tickets were ours. 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Some banks, revolut being one allow you to contact them and preauthorise payments. Sounds like it may not have made a difference as there was clearly something pretty wrong with your session if 4 cards didn't work but a decent shot perhaps

I didn’t preauthorise with revolut and they didn’t require any authentication… must have been lucky 

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I didn’t preauthorise with revolut and they didn’t require any authentication… must have been lucky 

I got two lots of tickets 20 mins apart and my barclaycard didn't ask me to authorise for either of them.  Really surprised as it usually asks for even £50 online transactions, and yet 2 x £300 in a short timeframe just went through!

1 hour ago, Stave_1974 said:

I had a similar experience with payment.

Got through on Edge at 10:16, sailed through to payment - had a few whirling circles but it went through almost instantly.

No authorisation step whatsoever.

Used Lloyds CC for payment.

More anecdotal evidence but I got through to buy two lots of tickets on Sunday, both times on Edge. After the first tickets I stupidly managed to go all the way back to the Glasto Website and had to navigate again to See, still managed to get another booking page up to secure the second lot. Chrome didn't get a look in.

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

I got two lots of tickets 20 mins apart and my barclaycard didn't ask me to authorise for either of them.  Really surprised as it usually asks for even £50 online transactions, and yet 2 x £300 in a short timeframe just went through!

I purchased 6 tickets with my Santander debit card and had to authorise the payment with my mobile banking app. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I purchased 6 tickets with my Santander debit card and had to authorise the payment with my mobile banking app. 

My first lot of tickets - when I entered the card details and hit "Pay", the little cog just started spinning and stayed like that for at least 5 minutes (felt like a lot longer!).  Then it just bombed out to a white screen.  I thought all was lost and then about 5 minutes later I checked my Barclaycard app and it showed £300 payment pending.  My nerves were shot by this stage!  Then got the magic email 😊

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales