ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

Does any one have experience buying for a group of 6, where at least one person wasn't registered in UK.

For context, one of our group members has a US postcode which is registered on her account, the other 5 are registered in the UK. 

It is unclear whether, we as UK citizens, can buy tickets for our group using our debit cards with one of us being registered in the US. 

It is clear that our US member has to purchase with a credit card if she gets through.

Anybody experienced this in the past? This is adding stress to already stressful situation.... 

18 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

So you can refresh once per second per IP address for each of those servers you hit, but you don't know if your different broswers will be on the same or different servers is that right?

Just trying to work out the balance between refreshing too much and not enough 

Pretty much yes....all depends how risk averse you may be.  Personally, I'm staying withing the limit at all times by only having a single device to a connection eg 1 x wifi, 1 x 4G etc, single browser on each and none of them refreshing more than 1/second.  Personal choice but that way I know I was always within limits and that every F5 counted.

9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Turns out I was wrong (I know!) @bennyhana22found this Screenshot_20221103_144212.jpg.8102c38b338bf0923c134163bfa2f087.jpg

Okay cool - so if we had a mixture of UK and Ireland registrations we should be fine with a normal UK Visa Debit if a UK name is the lead booker / payer?

Pretty sure that was fine for us in 2019

Edited by robbo707

11 minutes ago, Glasto boyo said:

Does any one have experience buying for a group of 6, where at least one person wasn't registered in UK.

For context, one of our group members has a US postcode which is registered on her account, the other 5 are registered in the UK. 

It is unclear whether, we as UK citizens, can buy tickets for our group using our debit cards with one of us being registered in the US. 

It is clear that our US member has to purchase with a credit card if she gets through.

Anybody experienced this in the past? This is adding stress to already stressful situation.... 

We did a mixture of UK and Ireland in 2019. We were fine with a UK Debit Card paying for all. EDIT: just not sure if it's changed since then, but judging by the screenshot above it should be fine.

Edited by robbo707
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Apparently I am being scary and authoritarian in my group today. I just really want to reiterate the ground rules damn it.

Fair enough.

To all of those worrying about payment cards and international: as long as the system sees a UK debit or an international credit, it will be happy. Whoever the booker and members are. (I am sounding quite sure and I am but still putting a disclaimer hoping for someone to confirm.

1 hour ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Under 60 refresh rate per minute to be safe.

That's completely agreed upon

My question for you:

is that 60 each for the Wednesday link AND the Thursday link

OR 60 across them both!

So what to set auto refresh to? 1 second or is that too risky?

21 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Apparently I am being scary and authoritarian in my group today. I just really want to reiterate the ground rules damn it.

What always gets me is these same people are also the ones who are like omg how do you always get tickets - it's cos of organisation and marginal gains. These people want tickets but they don't want to do the yards. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Don't worry, we all understand the seriousness if a member harms the chances of the group. 

They shall thereafter be excommunicated. Here endeth the lesson. 

33 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

😂 same here, same here!

54 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

With the coaches - do you get given a time or pick one if you get in?

Bristol and London you pick, otherwise random

14 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

I know this has been covered before but just to clarify, what do we do if we get the white screen? 

if you get it before you get on the booking page eg while you are seeing the 'busy' page, then F5 a few times and if that doesn't fix it, close/reopen your browser, if that also doesn't fix it then clear your browser cookies and cache, then close/reopen the browser. 

If you get it during your purchase eg on the registration or payment pages then hit 'Back' and then resend the page to move forward in the process again.

• Like 1

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales